[3.9] Burning Arrow Chieftain League Start - Budget Friendly

It looks really cool. But i'm not 100% sure if i want to start with this.
If i would, could i play with BA from the get go? (after making a Ranger for the skill gem ofc)
or should i wait till Library and get the gems i need? Or even longer?
I have a question about EO, crits and accuracy - maybe it's easier to just pick Resolute Technique and be done with it? Our crit chance is anyway low for EO and we have to spend points on accuracy...
"
mapcar wrote:
I have a question about EO, crits and accuracy - maybe it's easier to just pick Resolute Technique and be done with it? Our crit chance is anyway low for EO and we have to spend points on accuracy...

EO increases our damage too much to skip over unfortunately. I've looked at running a version with Resolute Teq or Lioneye's Glare, but the damage is just so much lower.

The idea of the build is that we'll be tanky enough to out-burn our enemies and survive the buffs to bosses and mobs across the game.
Uh oh, Stinky
"
SudelNuppe1 wrote:
It looks really cool. But i'm not 100% sure if i want to start with this.
If i would, could i play with BA from the get go? (after making a Ranger for the skill gem ofc)
or should i wait till Library and get the gems i need? Or even longer?

I've been playing around with the leveling guide for this build. It's not as straight forward as I'd like it to be. I'm thinking it will be easier to level as a different skill (Molten Strike maybe), level your arrow gems in your weapon swap, then switch into bow spec later. I've written abou this a little in the guide. I urge people to try what works best for them and I would honestly love some feedback on what people would rather use since I don't have time to test it all myself.
Uh oh, Stinky
If I choose to level with molten strike, do i need to go a different path in The skill tree or is it The same?
"
toddliestew wrote:
If I choose to level with molten strike, do i need to go a different path in The skill tree or is it The same?

If you're leveling with MS I would suggest something roughly like this: https://pastebin.com/CeXVP9J3

We can use our point refunds later on to remove the Born to Fight node and go around through the Marauder life cluster like the original PoB shows.
Uh oh, Stinky
I think for leveling help i will use my chest for Ballista's

Your not going to be getting a Kaom's right away, so that leaves a 4/5 link chest piece to play with the new ballista's. They are available early and should help.

edit: Maybe even spec into the bottom totem/ballista wheel and respec later when your ready to go pure BA
Last edited by KatVB on Dec 12, 2019, 5:01:48 PM
"
BDZLE wrote:
"
mapcar wrote:

EO increases our damage too much to skip over unfortunately. I've looked at running a version with Resolute Teq or Lioneye's Glare, but the damage is just so much lower.

The idea of the build is that we'll be tanky enough to out-burn our enemies and survive the buffs to bosses and mobs across the game.

But EO procs by crits, right? In PoB I see crit chance is ~14%, how many hits are needed to proc it?
uuuuh this looks interesting ;) guess I will use this guide for my start into 3.9. so TY TY :)

one question:
since you use bow and quiver -> do two handed melee weapon attack mods count for bow attacks too? You have used for example "Destroyer". Will this count for Buring arrow too, attacking with a bow?
can this be applied to Explosive Arrows as the same build? or what would you change if you were using EA?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info