[3.9] Burning Arrow Chieftain League Start - Budget Friendly

"
FakeSmile92 wrote:
leveling with marauder with bows is super shit isnt it? D: i tested the first two acts and i got tired of it already haha
I hope it is a bit better in 3.9
Any ETA for Levelling?

Also, I am unable to see the benefit of stormfire here, we will likely not be shocking anything at all with so little lightning dps.
Hey, so far a nice build tho! I suggest starting with it and giving it a try :)

But two questions!

1. Why Stormfire? Don't you think our Lightning DMG is too low for shocking perma or often enough for the benefits?

2. Why Ngamahu Ascend? Isn't there an issue with our belt or does it not interact with it? So we still get a bonus? Because I thought of going with Tawhoa for more defence... Since it will be a bossing league :) What do you think of this?

Thanks for your hard work! I am looking forward to see how it will perform :)
"
TyraelOwnzYa wrote:
Hey, so far a nice build tho! I suggest starting with it and giving it a try :)

But two questions!

1. Why Stormfire? Don't you think our Lightning DMG is too low for shocking perma or often enough for the benefits?

2. Why Ngamahu Ascend? Isn't there an issue with our belt or does it not interact with it? So we still get a bonus? Because I thought of going with Tawhoa for more defence... Since it will be a bossing league :) What do you think of this?

Thanks for your hard work! I am looking forward to see how it will perform :)

Thank you for the input!

I've been looking at Stormfire now that a lot of people have been bringing it up. Even without shock, it increases our dps a massive ammount. since the lightning damage is also getting the 'more' and 'increased' elemental modifiers (such as the one from Ele Overload), it results in a much higher total ignite damage.

On a side note, it looks like even if we did shock, it would help out damage enough to be worth the ring slot.

EDIT: Ngamahu Ascend was not my first choice. I wanted to do an ensnaring totem and Ahrongui setup, but it taxes our gem links too much. The 100% of physical as extra fire is not affected by Dyadian since the physical is converted then the damage is dealt.

P.S. The interaction between damage conversion and whether the lightning damage will shock before it's converted is pretty complex and I'm aware that I shouldn't trust PoB to do all the work for us. I appreciate that people are questioning the chioces in the build, because I definitely could have missed something.
Uh oh, Stinky
Last edited by BDZLE on Dec 12, 2019, 2:43:37 PM
How about Circle of Anguish? looks like a decent ring to me that makes more sense over Stormfire.

EDIT: Might Piercing Shots be a better anoint? Clear would probably me much smoother despite the DPS loss.
Last edited by XxKillerMachinexX on Dec 12, 2019, 3:00:02 PM
"
How about Circle of Anguish? looks like a decent ring to me that makes more sense over Stormfire.

The only thing that I don't like about CoA is that it's a Synthesis item. It's likely going to be hard to get and pretty expensive early on in the league. I'd prefer The Taming or Pyre if I was going to swap out Stormfire.

Of course... Taming is like 5ex so Pyre might be a little more reasonable for a league start perspective. Late-game, Taming is something to look forward to. When I get home tonight. I plan on using a Taming over Stormfire to see the difference.
Uh oh, Stinky
So levling with molten strike is better in The begining? I hope this build Will be good, i played Lightning arrow last season and was so dissapointed. How Will The Map clear speed be?
The Taming is almost definitely one of the chase items here (Though it is hard to PoB its dps boost).

You're right, CoA is too expensive and not worth the marginal cost, and it would be better to instead invest into the Taming later.

Won't a rare quiver+Piercing shot make clearing much smoother over the current single pierce we have?
And how about Emberwake?
Afaik it wasn't good because with Sudden Ignition, BA builds already had 2 stacks of ignite which resulted in more dps than 3 stacks slowed down by Emberwake.
Now with the jewel gone, aren't 2 burns that are 65% slower do more than just the one?
I have no idea how the ring interacts with Dyadian belt and prolif tho, and there is the issue of having to shoot things twice ofc and the opportunity cost of having some other ring
Last edited by Stateira on Dec 12, 2019, 3:59:06 PM
also.. we need an alternative to Growth and decay .. cause getting a non-blight league GOLD oil is not gonna be fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info