[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

Would anyone mind looking at my gear and tell me what I'd need more better survivability and damage? I see 2m dps per sentinel which is crazy, and I have about 300k for dps, with 7 sentinels overall. Thats me mapping T14-16s with delirium maybe dying once a map or so, so it seems pretty strong for a 1-2ex investment in all honesty.

I have two clear upgrades in mind, but wanted to run this by you guys.

1) A large jewel w/ disciples, pure hatred, and 2 medium sockets for the chance to run another +2 sentinels. I'd imagine for these 3 gems it'll cost probably 15-20 skillpoints and maybe 6ex total? 2 per?

2) Upgrade my rings so I can keep the same high mana reduction I have, but add 3-4x the dps of my sentinels, per sentinel. These two rings again probably cost about 4ex in total.

I have about 5.2k health, but notice I often die when doing delirium mechanics or if I get a bad roll on the map. With an Animated Weapons build I had to sit there for 10-15s and spawn my weapons, but once I had them they stayed for 100s or so. For these? I need to be upclose and personal, which requires me to be a good bit tanky. I run 3 spectres (demons from A10 pre Kitava) and stone golem. All four never die. I just dont have any real means of genuine sustainability, like what ED/C has. And yes, I played those two builds this season. Was hoping HoP Guardian was going to be the one, but it seems pricey (a total of 10ex, or atleast 4ex for the 2 rings is a lot for me). Hope its worth it if I stick to it. I'd appreciate any gear / gem / jewel guidance you might have
"
Would anyone mind looking at my gear and tell me what I'd need more better survivability and damage? I see 2m dps per sentinel which is crazy, and I have about 300k for dps, with 7 sentinels overall. Thats me mapping T14-16s with delirium maybe dying once a map or so, so it seems pretty strong for a 1-2ex investment in all honesty.

I have two clear upgrades in mind, but wanted to run this by you guys.

1) A large jewel w/ disciples, pure hatred, and 2 medium sockets for the chance to run another +2 sentinels. I'd imagine for these 3 gems it'll cost probably 15-20 skillpoints and maybe 6ex total? 2 per?

2) Upgrade my rings so I can keep the same high mana reduction I have, but add 3-4x the dps of my sentinels, per sentinel. These two rings again probably cost about 4ex in total.

I have about 5.2k health, but notice I often die when doing delirium mechanics or if I get a bad roll on the map. With an Animated Weapons build I had to sit there for 10-15s and spawn my weapons, but once I had them they stayed for 100s or so. For these? I need to be upclose and personal, which requires me to be a good bit tanky. I run 3 spectres (demons from A10 pre Kitava) and stone golem. All four never die. I just dont have any real means of genuine sustainability, like what ED/C has. And yes, I played those two builds this season. Was hoping HoP Guardian was going to be the one, but it seems pricey (a total of 10ex, or atleast 4ex for the 2 rings is a lot for me). Hope its worth it if I stick to it. I'd appreciate any gear / gem / jewel guidance you might have

Maybe you'd like to look at my budget build for some references (manage to hit 6K life with ~4m dps)? I'm running without mana reserve - HoP rings.

If not, do pm me your discord. Happy to help.
Last edited by Kendricklzb on Apr 5, 2020, 5:34:45 PM

This jewel is overpriced and can be chaos crafted for around 30c.
If you can afford the jewel you can afford to save 110 by spamming some chaos into it.
Fish
Whirling Blades as a movement skill. Not liking it. I can't jump gaps. There something else I can use instead? Leap doesn't work with daggers.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
You could use dash + second wind + blood magic/faster casting
but not as smooth as Whirling Blades
"
HowLingKing wrote:

Also lose the Fortify buff too.

damn. That's the only gripe with the build. Having fun though.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
"
TallTimbers wrote:
"
Mukuro123 wrote:
How do you guys do Cassia?

I fail everytime. Doesnt matter if I destroy the minions, there's too many to protect the damn thhing.

Opinion:
It's all about the totems and the spread of the roots. (mycelium)

Personally I like to use Ice Cage towers and tank minion towers. This slows the incoming monster waves down then plow'em as they come.

Frequently the way the roots spread will just brick the encounter making it become unmanageable for most builds that don't use increasingly larger amounts of AoE.

I thought I was going crazy, I am happy to hear that the layout can brick everything.

I am rerolling arch-mage storm to do my blighted maps once I am done mapping with this guy. I simply cannot do them as this build.
I either don't have enough DPS or I blow, probably the latter.

I could not beat A5 Sirus with my current gear.

Could someone help me out here? I could not keep my sentinels up in the Sirius fight and I could not tank literally anything (I wasn't trying to but whirling blades for me has this slight delay).

Almost everything one shot me in the fight was actually cancerous. I tried a writhing jar and that wasn't cutting it either. Two summons at most UNLESS I use it all up. (Should I be using all my writhing jar charges?)

I am wondering if Cyclone would be the better choice for this fight hmmmm.
"
Mukuro123 wrote:
Spoiler
I either don't have enough DPS or I blow, probably the latter.

I could not beat A5 Sirus with my current gear.

Could someone help me out here? I could not keep my sentinels up in the Sirius fight and I could not tank literally anything (I wasn't trying to but whirling blades for me has this slight delay).

Almost everything one shot me in the fight was actually cancerous. I tried a writhing jar and that wasn't cutting it either. Two summons at most UNLESS I use it all up. (Should I be using all my writhing jar charges?)

I am wondering if Cyclone would be the better choice for this fight hmmmm.

Just a quick glance and there's alot you could do. Just pick any one thing and try to improve it. If you can't because it's to expensive, pick another thing, research, purchase or craft (purchasing requires less research compared to crafting), repeat.

If you take me as an example, I was unable to do Sirus but it was not because I lacked damage but because I lacked experience with the fight and still don't have enough mitigation. I can still improve everything I have but lack crafting materials or sufficient currency to outright buy something better.

Only things i'm having trouble with now are Sirus and Wave 20 Sim.
Fish
Last edited by TallTimbers on Apr 6, 2020, 3:31:48 AM
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
"
HowLingKing wrote:

Also lose the Fortify buff too.

damn. That's the only gripe with the build. Having fun though.

I'm using the normal Whirling Blades Setup a long a non-linked FLame Dash which often helps a lot in dangerous situations or on bad maps where you have a lot of gaps.

Using right-click for WHirling Blades and shift-rmb for Flame Dash works perfect for me. Maybe you want to give it a try.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info