[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

"
Gnomiro wrote:
"
Kendricklzb wrote:
"
Budget: not HC viable, all content, Sirus A8 (1-2 deaths during last phase), Max Deli viable with deaths. No awakened gems.
Life - 6K. 9 sentinels (3.8m dps each - including vaal haste, 2 curses).
Gear is ~4 exalted. Majority will be from Amulet +1 phys (1-1.5exa), chest for 1exa.
Cluster Jewels: ~1 exalted. Buy them instead of crafting, may not have the ideal jewel sockets but you can disregard some life in early-game.
Budget Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/mpUykeDV

Feel free to check out my version that was inspired by Bashtart's build.

I recently moved to 11 sentinel build, ~7m dps per sentinel with approximately ~6K life at level 95.

Gear wise is expected to cost ~30-40exa (excl.awakened multistrike)

Had a look at your high dps build provided earlier (https://pastebin.com/UkHD9BVK)und habe ein paar Fragen zur QoL:
1) You seem to have only 30-60 mana left. Seems not much when also skipping most of the mana regeneration clusters. Are you able to consistently use whirling blades in a long sequence?
2) You don't have a lot of life regeneration left. If I see correctly its only around 400 hps and I dont see any other regeneration options beside your karui flask. Is it enough in high delirium maps?
3) Your damage seems to heavily rely on you two CWDT setups: They procc after 3k dmg and apply punishment and desecrate/FLesh Offering. While I can understand that it works for the Flesh Offering setup I'm not sure if it is realiable for the curse setup. You have to take a significant amount of damage to procc it while not having much life regeneration. Does it really work for you?
I could imagine that I would take a big hit, use whirling blades to get out and the curse is casted at another palce where me and my minions arent any more. For fast mapping this will probably never applied. I can imagine that it works quite good for bosses but you would try to dodge attacks most of the time not getting hit.
4) If I'm right your worm flask is the only realiable way to procc sentinels at the beginning. Have you tried 100% delirium maps? Does it work without Blade Vortex Damage and no minion duration cluster? Do you often have all 11 Sentinels up at once?
I often recognize that I'm not running all my 9 Sentinels in such Maps and I try to keep my Blade Vortex damage high to proc them more reliable (yours has 25k dps while mine has 350k dps)

Thanks in advance! I'm really interested to give different things a try.

Do check out my latest pastebin for a Min/Max build: https://pastebin.com/RwHH1G8V

1. Yes, I'm able to use whirling blades in a long sequence with occasional Blade Vortex. The mana regen is sufficient; once I use BV before the counter hits '2', I'm able to use it again so there is mana left to use whirling blade during engagement.

2. It is enough for T16 delirium map, 100% delirium maps but of course, its not a tanky build and I do die because of certain mods (elemental weakness, -max resist) or if you don't dodge properly. Dying to Simulacrum bosses happen if you are in group of 5 or so where it's harder to down the boss. But most of the time, I'm able to melt the boss within several seconds.

3. So removing punishment and descrete/flesh offering; I still get a base dmg of 5m per sentinel. So far, I've been dashing through mobs and it does get proc easily while having molten shell to cover afterwards (remember to always be under the effect of your armour flask).

4. I do have all 11 sentinel up at once, and I'm not really increasing thee minion hp because I wanted to make use of the "Call To The Slaughter" node. It's my most recent change where I switched to Increased Area of Effect to improve BV's range so that I'll be able to hit the worms whenever I cast BV.

Playstyle Description: pop BV & worm flask. Use your armour flask and dodge flask and dash into cluster of mobs. Spam Vaal Haste. Occasionally use vaal molten shell depending on the situation.

Feel free to add me in-game I'll show you the playing style as well.
Last edited by Kendricklzb on Apr 7, 2020, 1:01:42 PM
If optimizing my build with awakened support gems, which should I go for? Melee Phys and Brutality?
Level 85 with one Cold Iron Point, a 5 linked chest and a Goldrim, I'm completing tier 11-12 maps without dying. Skipping the Delirium for now until I'm stronger, but in lower tier maps (until tier 10) it's doable.

Modified the build a bit to include the new cluster jewels. At the moment I have a large one with Rotten Claws, Feasting Friends (and Call to Slaughter when I have enough skillpoints), a medium one with Heraldry and on my way to Blessed on a small jewel.

I'm impressed with this build. Was looking for a non-poison Blade Vortex build and found this gem instead. Technically not a BV build, but that's the skill I cast so I'm happy.

Thanks Bash. Awesome!
Followed Kendricks "8m sentinel dps" set up on page 61 iirc. It is really good. My biggest problem tho is getting the sentinels off, and a high amount of dying.

Perhaps there are some upgrades I can get to my gear that will only cost 20-50c each, but there is nothing in the gems or the tree that genuinely sustains me. Also, delirium and and high tier map it seems like whirling blade isn't great at all - is this your guys experience?

I've dumped maybe 10-15ex on this build, and can clear every map besides reflect physical damage. I can clear every elder guardian map (or whatever the ones are that drop fragments for 30-40c). I just....die....a lot....

Seems like a red flag for this set up overall. BV you need to go in and hope within a second you get a templar off to do boats of damage, and then back out....but by that time you might have gotten frozen / bursted / chunked or whatever, and maybe only got a sentinel or two off.

Super great build. Phenomenal clear speed. I think minion speed is the onlything missing from Kendricks build, because having the minions fast enough to sometimes trek ahead of you offers some "tankiness" in the sense that you just...dont have to worry about getting hit.

Thoughts? I keep aquiring maybe 2ex a day or so, and would love to know what I can do to boost my survivability without hurting my damage. 1k more hp or 500 more armor might not help, but having minion damage done leached to my hp? That'd be huge, if that exists.

Crafted this and documented my experience.
I did not do any research so I ended up learning more about crafting.

Spoiler

I started by purchasing 1150 alterations for 310 chaos(About 2.3 Exalts).

Base Items:
At the time of purchase.
Warlord Influence amulet ilvl83: 1C
Hunter Influence amulet ilvl83: 15C

Crafting:
70-80 alts for +1 to level of all physical skill gems (This was really lucky)

Spent 367 alts on the next amulet then remembered there is a fossil that crafts gem modifiers. Faceted fossil. 1Ex per a fossil decided to go back to alt spamming.
At 484 alts spent I hit +1 to all int skill gems which is selling for 1 ex so I put that up for sale and made my ex back in 2hours of it being listed.

Then I remembered about annulment orbs and immediately started to search for a magic amulet with +1 to all str gems. first item 30C, second item 40C... prices went up. I manged to get the 30C amulet which had another mod to Anull. I hit the Anull and got lucky.

I buy an Awakeners Orb at the time 350C(now 305).

At this point I've invested a little more than 5Eex of currency in purchases and crafting.

And this is where things start going down hill... not because I ran out of luck but because I'm stupid.

Without thinking or doing any research, I smack the fecund rhoa out of that awakener orb, I'm so excited to do this I've never done it before! I get my rare amulet.
A quick look at the mods, 2 crappy suffix's and an extra prefix. I think to myself I'll just imprint and anull until I hit the extra prefix I don't need.

I now learn that you can only imprint magic items. Crap. I think about splitting the item but I did not because I assumed that it wont work on any influence items(Says on the wiki can't split shaper or elder and the split recipe is expensive in trade).

I'm not going to risk random annuls I've invested too much at this point and it would be better to try again.

17C for Aspect of the spider.
180C for the 2 golden oils I did not have.
Anoint charisma.

903 Chaos spent.
(estimate excluding currency I already had and any currency made back selling the crafted amulet and reselling unused currency).
A little more than 6.5 exalts at the time.

I check poe trade for amulets with; +1 to level of all physical skill gems, +1 to level of all strength skill gems.
3Ex, 6Ex.... more.

The 3Ex and 6Ex amulets did not have an open suffix for Aspect of the spider.

Summary:
Its was only slightly more cost effcient to craft my own amulet and would have been more cost effcient had I not screwed it up and Imprinted one of the magic items. How ever I would guess that I would spent 1-2 more ex to get the right amulet had I crafted with imprints. I was very lucky that I could still craft Aspect of the spider.
Fish
Last edited by TallTimbers on Apr 7, 2020, 11:05:12 PM
So i was wondering if yall know any ways i could improve on the build these are my current items and skill tree running 7 sentinels 2 golems and 4 spectres

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAASzC2EMXxBREQ8RjhZvFy8YXRo4Gmwcpx0UHgge2h8YJKolIScvNuk6WDrGOuE66Ts_PC0870FpQ8hFnUqfTLlNuU8EUEdR-1NSU6VVxlXWVi5Z81qRW6Bg-GEoZOdmnmdxZ5toWGjyaqxyD3KpfA58g3zZgKSA4INfg8yD24VghsqJvInYi2WLdo9GkFWYTZrgmzCboZxKoOaiAKZXpwinVah9qqmqxKyYrKquPq9stz63aL5JwGbE9sauzLzNFtP715bYveNq5FHr7u8O77zwH_JF9zL31_rS_go=?accountName=shadowleach&characterName=ThatLazyGuy
Last edited by shadowleach on Apr 8, 2020, 1:29:46 AM
"
Followed Kendricks "8m sentinel dps" set up on page 61 iirc. It is really good. My biggest problem tho is getting the sentinels off, and a high amount of dying.

Perhaps there are some upgrades I can get to my gear that will only cost 20-50c each, but there is nothing in the gems or the tree that genuinely sustains me. Also, delirium and and high tier map it seems like whirling blade isn't great at all - is this your guys experience?

I've dumped maybe 10-15ex on this build, and can clear every map besides reflect physical damage. I can clear every elder guardian map (or whatever the ones are that drop fragments for 30-40c). I just....die....a lot....

Seems like a red flag for this set up overall. BV you need to go in and hope within a second you get a templar off to do boats of damage, and then back out....but by that time you might have gotten frozen / bursted / chunked or whatever, and maybe only got a sentinel or two off.

Super great build. Phenomenal clear speed. I think minion speed is the onlything missing from Kendricks build, because having the minions fast enough to sometimes trek ahead of you offers some "tankiness" in the sense that you just...dont have to worry about getting hit.

Thoughts? I keep aquiring maybe 2ex a day or so, and would love to know what I can do to boost my survivability without hurting my damage. 1k more hp or 500 more armor might not help, but having minion damage done leached to my hp? That'd be huge, if that exists.

Try to opt for The Writhing Jar and Increased Area of Effect gem for Whirling blade, I'm simply spamming those 2 to keep 11 sentinel.

I agree the build does die a lot, especially when spike hits my region. Otherwise, you just get to dodge around which involves a little bit of skill and learning certain boss mechanics.

It is still 100% deli viable but definitely not for HC.
"
TallTimbers wrote:

Then I remembered about annulment orbs and immediately started to search for a magic amulet with +1 to all str gems. first item 30C, second item 40C... prices went up. I manged to get the 30C amulet which had another mod to Anull. I hit the Anull and got lucky.

Just do be sure and to maybe save you money and risk for your next craft:
The +1 mod doesn't have to be the only mod on the item before using an awakaner orb. It only must be the only influence-mod which means in our case no other prefix with "Hunter" or "Warlord" and no other suffix with "of the Hunt" or "of the Conquest" (advanced item description, per default after activation in the options toggled by pressing alt). In addition both items can be either rare or magic. The outcome will always be rare.

Nevertheless congratulations on your craft!

"
shadowleach wrote:
So i was wondering if yall know any ways i could improve on the build these are my current items and skill tree running 7 sentinels 2 golems and 4 spectres

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAASzC2EMXxBREQ8RjhZvFy8YXRo4Gmwcpx0UHgge2h8YJKolIScvNuk6WDrGOuE66Ts_PC0870FpQ8hFnUqfTLlNuU8EUEdR-1NSU6VVxlXWVi5Z81qRW6Bg-GEoZOdmnmdxZ5toWGjyaqxyD3KpfA58g3zZgKSA4INfg8yD24VghsqJvInYi2WLdo9GkFWYTZrgmzCboZxKoOaiAKZXpwinVah9qqmqxKyYrKquPq9stz63aL5JwGbE9sauzLzNFtP715bYveNq5FHr7u8O77zwH_JF9zL31_rS_go=?accountName=shadowleach&characterName=ThatLazyGuy

Some small comments from my side:
* Your Arcane Surge should only be level 8 to be activated after one cast of Blade Vortex. But if you have no mana issues you could stay with it
* Resolute Techniques is not necessary for us because we Blade Vortex is a Spell not an attack like Cyclone. Spells will always hit as fas as I know. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
* Your helmet and minion setup seems off. I don't think that + Minion Gems is necessary that much but I also don't know your spectres. If you are running Stoneskin Flayers they will survive without the gem-level boost and they never do a lot of damage. They are just protection-utility. You could move Stone Golem back into the helmet and use Brutallity for Blade Vortex. Doing so could free up a flask slot because you than do more damage and maybe can procc sentinels on your own like I'm doing (You habe specced into Spiritual Aid so you should have decent dps).
I'm not sure about the item level of your helmet but it it hast level 85+ you could try to craft one with "9% increased damage taken" which would be a great upgrade for you sentinel dps. A bone helmet ist a nice base.
* Your gloves are really great!
* Do you need Feeding Frenzy and Deathmark for you Sentinels? For me switching out Feeding Frenzy for Minion Damage or Minion Speed was an upgrade and when using Deathmark their aggressivity/controlability was still sufficient.

I don't like your Cluster/Tree setup and I think their is a big potential for improvements (this is only my personal opinion):
* You only use two medium clustets but need two outer sockets to do so this is a loss of at least 3 Skillpoints because especially the jewel at the top of the tree gives us nothing (we dont do elemental damage)
* Try to replace your Large Cluster with a similar one with 2 Jewel Sockets (possible with item level 75+). You could even skip one of the notables first as it still should increase your dps
* Move both medium Clusters to the new 2 jewel large cluster on the right (frees up 3 skillpoints) and build up a good cluster-chain. Both you medium clusters seem to be good.
* Replace the jewels at the end with good small clusters. They provide a lot of survivability. Fettle and/or Surging Vitality are the best for us although Fettle is more rare and stronger. I still would go for at least one Surging Vitality for better life regeneration.
Small clusters are also a great option to get the dexterity requirements!
* If you need some more skillpoints you could skip the AoE node (Fearsome Force) and/or the Golem Cluster. For me it has shown that when you have enough damage the Minion AoE is not necessary. Also for the Golem I think the dmaage they provide is not that much and if you already using 3 spectres you have enough meatshields. I'm only using a Stone Golem for better life regenration.
* If you want to go for a second large cluster you have to change some more things. Feel free to have a look at my tree (Charname Oeller_DSCHoP)
Last edited by Gnomiro on Apr 8, 2020, 6:15:47 AM
your suggestions were pretty amazing thank you so much for the help Gnomiro
"
Gnomiro wrote:
"
mmaturana wrote:
I think I got this build at maximum damage possible Any way improve even more?
here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/W0tvFMGi
(HoP is set at lvl 26 because for no reason it get +6 lvl instead of +8 lvls)

Eddit: used some of the last comment jewels and put the tread of hope on the amulet to show it on PoB

There is still some room for improvements: 1) You can get a +1 Socketed gems chest (either +1 active, +1 socketed or potentiyll both). 2) You could get "nearby enemies take 9% incresaed physical damage" on your helemt as well. This is another big damage improvement. 3) Going for two Large Clusters with 4 Medion Pure Agony nodes is also a potentially improvement I'm currently trying. Read further for more about this.

My progression
Recently decided to try the following:
1) Awakened Multistike
2) Using two large cluster with 4 Pure Agony nodes
3) Running a dual-curse setup on high templar gloves -> Can use Flesh Offering also
4) Trying some other spectres than "Stoneskin Slayer"
Got some of these ideas from the "Sentinel Queen" Videogudie published by Badger recently on youtube. Still a little different (he is mostly using necromancer but also suggesting Templar) but he has good ideas!

Updating my gear and skill tree considering these possibilities I was able to reach 9 Sentinels with up to over 7 million dps each while having more than 7k hp.

Some more about the former mentioned things:
1) Nothing to say. Just a big increase for a big chunk of money.
2) I moved the Thread of Hope from to top to the left to be able to allocate "Spiritual Aid" to have enough damage on my Blade Vortex while saving many points for the second cluster.
I loose Ravenouse Horde but the second cluster provides so much more damage potential! Ans also a lot of life when running two more small Fettle nodes. To save some points I'm only using one Medium - Small cluster chain and a Megalomaniac with Fettle + Pura Agony in the other socket (1.5ex)

Still considering to move some skill points around to maybe grap endouring bound as it would increase Blade Vortex damage a lot which makes it easier to proc the Sentinels in high delirium maps and allows to keep them up longer in some fights with phases or gaps between mobs.

3) Swapped out my culling gloves to get these dual curse gloves for around 5 ex:

In combiantion with the +1 Curse cluster this others some nice QoL and damage improvements. All minion now allways have enfeeble as well as vulnerability applied!
In addition it allows to run a Offering. I decided to go for Flesh Offering as it counteracts the loss of minion speed in my 6L while mapping. Currently I'm not able to apply it in boss fights without adds because I'm not running desecrate to generate corpses. But it really smoothens the clearing process.

4) Badger suggests "They of Tul" as well as another type of minion from Drox influenced maps. So far I only tested "They of Tul" and they are amazing. They provide a sandstorm on the ground which reduced damage taken by 15% and gives 20% spell and attack dodge! I tested them in 100% delirium maps and Wave 20 of Simulacrum and they survived.
I stil have to try the other suggested spectre which will provide a attack speed and movement buff if I remind correctly.

Great built and still some room for improvements :)

Tyvm! I aplied various of the tip you give me, specially the gloves. Unfortunately I got this dropped
so I think I will change my build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info