[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

How much better is going for Prism Guardian/extra auras instead of having a nice shield with ES recovery on block paired with Lethal Pride? I'm a big fan of this combination since I have tried it on a different build.

Thanks for replies!
Spoiler
"
Rubinjo wrote:
"
teslabear wrote:
"
Aziridine wrote:
@moorli

Did you have to ignore a bunch of wands with +# cold damage to spells when you were crafting with frigids?

If you want a wand like his and are willing to spend 4ex you can craft it pretty easily.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/jvdP8YRSX

Buy a wand with:
Either +1 all skill or cold skill
Either cold dot multiplier, spell damage, or cold damage prefix
empty suffix

You'll have 2 good prefixes and 2 suffixes you don't care about.
Craft prefixes cannot be changed and scour.
You'll have 2 good prefixes only.
Craft can have up to 3 crafted modifiers.
Craft trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill
Craft either cold dot multi, cold damage, or spell damage.

And after that you slam a Redeemer exalt and hope for something good :) Shouldn't be possible to brick it.

I crafted another wand with this same method. Bought the base with 2 prefix/2 suffix for 60c, scoured off suffixes, multi-mod, slammed with redeemer orb.

Level 96, build is going strong. Died once on Awakener 8.
10k ES
Realistic Shaper DoT DPS is 1.6M (frenzy charges, chilled, 3 spider webs)

Gear:
Spoiler

I swap out Cinderswallow for ignite immune sulphur for more damage or taste of hate for more phys reduction
Very happy with the build but feel like I've hit a semi-wall at this point and can't figure out what I should be upgrading next. Got a bit lucky with double corrupting my Prism Guardian and forgot to quality it first.

Spoiler
"
Rubinjo wrote:
"
teslabear wrote:

And after that you slam a Redeemer exalt and hope for something good :) Shouldn't be possible to brick it.

Hopefully "Adds # to # Cold Damage to Spells" is a prefix and you cannot get it. Couldn't find anywhere a confirmation.
"
SauMaris wrote:
"
Rubinjo wrote:

Hopefully "Adds # to # Cold Damage to Spells" is a prefix and you cannot get it. Couldn't find anywhere a confirmation.

Its a prefix, so Redeemer orbs can hit the following:
- Cold exposure on hit. Frost bomb already does this so we don't need.
- Auras from your skills grant 2% increased damage. Seems minimal.
- Chance to gain Onslaught on Kill. Nice QoL but can get it elsewhere.
- Spells have a 4-7% chance to deal double damage. Does not work with DoT.
- Hatred has 28-40% increased Aura Effect. Good.
- Increased Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently. QoL for Cold Snap.
- Curse Enemies with Level 10 Frostbite on Hit. Interesting because you can move around your mana reservations. You'll lose damage from a level 20 but would be most fun to get creative on your skill tree.

Last edited by teslabear on Apr 11, 2020, 6:37:02 PM
nice guide!

hey i need a question.

wich is better for cold snap? a glove with more damage over time
or a helmet with socketeg gems supported by hyportemia?

thanks.

tl;dr I using a profane proxy to apply temporal chains;
quite good for now.

no need to reserve mana for blasphemy + curse;
Edit: i misread the post, thought you wanted to slamp conq. orbs afterwards, which got me confused i could slam this belt with a conq. orb too lol...

But still any ideas on this belt, how to proceed? I assume just slam or aspect, but the desireable mods are so low weighted, and my slams always hit stun recovery anyway

Last edited by moorli on Apr 12, 2020, 4:06:52 AM
really happy with how the build's coming along, pretty much just working on crafting a better pair of boots & belt atm. Looking to squeeze hatred in, but dropping the shield for a PG would seem to be a noticeable drop in ES..

Last edited by hehebiheh on Apr 12, 2020, 7:11:05 AM
"
teslabear wrote:

"
SauMaris wrote:

- Curse Enemies with Level 10 Frostbite on Hit. Interesting because you can move around your mana reservations. You'll lose damage from a level 20 but would be most fun to get creative on your skill tree.

I slammed my wand for fun. Got 22% chance to gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on kill.
"
SauMaris wrote:
"
teslabear wrote:

"
SauMaris wrote:

I slammed my wand for fun. Got 22% chance to gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on kill.

You inspired me to slam my wand as well. Got 25% Cold damage, not bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info