[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Hi All, I'm speccing into this build (LL version). Questions: Seems like the OP stacked heavily into armour, but is then left with 6k ES which is quite low. Does the armour really make up for the loss of a possible double ES pool?

In fact, I'm really confused about the Max Investment LL gear...low ES, no chaos resist (-52%) seems like a recipe for dying all the time. Or am I missing something?

Only armor is from flasks, determination, and what...jewel? Jewels and the like are just the be-all-end-all best possible rolls on gear you can get (which won't happen, he even said so) Almost all of the armor is from the determination aura alone. Notice how the flasks are all flagellant. Each one gains charges like a mofo as you are hit, so you can just keep spamming them. Set and forget. Not much else you would want for flask types anyways. Chaos res is nowhere near as important as capping out ele resists either and if you feel the need just use an amethyst flask.
"
hadc wrote:
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:

Are you playing HC? I killed all bandits even in Zizaran Gauntlet and Atlas Invasion HCSSF. You won’t really need much resist till after Act3/4.

No, I'm playing in SC. I just worry that it's not easy to get resistance cap after act 5 and act 10.
Last edited by TxE4GL3k on Jan 12, 2022, 8:23:04 PM
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
"
hadc wrote:
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:

Are you playing HC? I killed all bandits even in Zizaran Gauntlet and Atlas Invasion HCSSF. You won’t really need much resist till after Act3/4.

No, I'm playing in SC. I just worry that it's not easy to get resistance cap after act 5 and act 10.

Hi, I’ve always been able to cap my res with some benchcrafting. However, feel free to pick the resistance bandit if you’re worried, you can always “respec” it later and get the 2 points back when you have more resist.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Hi All, I'm speccing into this build (LL version). Questions: Seems like the OP stacked heavily into armour, but is then left with 6k ES which is quite low. Does the armour really make up for the loss of a possible double ES pool?

In fact, I'm really confused about the Max Investment LL gear...low ES, no chaos resist (-52%) seems like a recipe for dying all the time. Or am I missing something?

Hi man, his POB is made before 3.16 was officially launched so there really wasn’t a lot of testing going into it. Now most people use Crown of inward eyes which gives lots of armour and ES. My end game char has 9.2k ES and capped chaos res, plays like a tank.
^appreciate the thought but Crown only barely gives me 150 more ES for the tradeoff of a MASSIVE loss of dps. But I do have a very nice helm now so there's that :).

I have way more ES than the original build now with 7000 @ lvl 83 with more coming from jewels in a bit.

Question: Aspect of the Spider or Herald of Ice? Not sure whether the spell damage from Herald outpaces the 15% aspect and its hard to calculate
*ed: never mind...HOI is way less than spider
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jan 14, 2022, 8:07:33 PM
Can somebody show some mapping content with WTB?

I checked back 15 pages and looked at Shak's YouTube and Twitch and couldn't find any footage.
livejamie
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
^appreciate the thought but Crown only barely gives me 150 more ES for the tradeoff of a MASSIVE loss of dps. But I do have a very nice helm now so there's that :).

I have way more ES than the original build now with 7000 @ lvl 83 with more coming from jewels in a bit.

Question: Aspect of the Spider or Herald of Ice? Not sure whether the spell damage from Herald outpaces the 15% aspect and its hard to calculate
*ed: never mind...HOI is way less than spider

Nice helmet! HOI gives added cold dmg so will only scale the hit but not DOT, it’ll be nice to shatter for explosion but it’s really hard to do since most use cont dec and ele focus. So yea, Spider is better for DPS and survivability.

Crown of inward eyes saves a tranquility anointment on amulet so we can anoint some DPS on amulet. Your helmet will still give more DPS but Crown has 1000 armour. So it’s about whether we appreciate more DPS or survivability. Cheers!
Hey guys, I play on SSF standard.

I converted my old character to this build but it is very squishy even in T14 map.

My character is JacklR_SSFL
Can I get some advice?
"
livejamie wrote:
Can somebody show some mapping content with WTB?

I checked back 15 pages and looked at Shak's YouTube and Twitch and couldn't find any footage.

For best mapping experience I recommend having "Brands Attach to a new Enemy each time they Activate, no more than once every 0.3 seconds" mastery and cast speed high enough to do an activation every 0.14 seconds. It's then very fast and easy, you cast one WTB somewhere close to a pack and just go to the next one. If the packs splits for some reason and tries to get to you they will be killed by your Vortex on left mouse click.
I did a quick google search and this guy doesn't have the mastery so the clear is little slow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8PnU3bB6kg
Really nice build! Thinking about league starting cold DoT for 3.17, haven’t tried it before

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info