[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Question for you Shak on the new update with Wintertide that doesnt run tempest shield:

Do we have any spell defense now? Feels pretty good against Phys with all the armor, but feels like spells blow me up now
hi there! Why we use Herald of Ash? I don't get it
"
HolPaw wrote:
hi there! Why we use Herald of Ash? I don't get it

Herald of Ash is simulating Tempest Shield's 25% reservation, and the new "% phys mitigation" modifier is custom added to the CI Shield.
"
TehMobsta wrote:
hi there,
i am using cold snap instead of cripling frost, and why it looks like that i do more damge with Cold snap than with vortex, whats is strange because of vortex being on a 6 link and CS on a 4 + 1(helmet)any1 feel like this way to? tryed to link frost bolt to spellsinger(+frost bolt jewel) to more map clear but again vortex does not do good dmg.

i am on ci atm and i can do t16 maps and scorge to, but i take so long to kill bosses, any1 can give me a tip how to improve single target dps?

other than that, its a great build, never reach 90 so fast. i am on the process of get ll guear atm.

Hi there, the way to boost vortex DPS is to increase the gem level. For end game DPS (LL version) we’ll have +1 cold and +1 intel gems (amulet), +1/2 with DOT multi in wands, +4 (AOE, duration, all socketed gem) in Shav wrapping. Cold DOT multi and culling strike in gloves help too. I got to 9 mil vortex DPS last league with that. In CI, it’ll probably be in the region of 3 mil DPS but I’m not sure.
hey, just started POE this league, and am running the older vortex build. only lvl 70 doing my first maps, so early days stuff. I'm trying to wrap my head around the new winterbrand build. I'm confused by the triple curse skill (under CI) in the POB. it shows several different "active skills" on the left, and 4 gems on the right.

Am I meant to run different versions of bane, or just those four gems shown? I have a rime gaze fortunately. sorry if it's a silly question, so much to learn!
"
grobesrad wrote:
hey, just started POE this league, and am running the older vortex build. only lvl 70 doing my first maps, so early days stuff. I'm trying to wrap my head around the new winterbrand build. I'm confused by the triple curse skill (under CI) in the POB. it shows several different "active skills" on the left, and 4 gems on the right.

Am I meant to run different versions of bane, or just those four gems shown? I have a rime gaze fortunately. sorry if it's a silly question, so much to learn!

Bane will deliver all 3 hex skills linked to it provided the Bane level is equal or higher than the hex gems. You should not be able to cast the hex skill manually if linked to bane and the level requirement is met. So the link is Bane-frostbite-E.Weakness-Punishment.
Last edited by hadc on Nov 1, 2021, 8:07:21 AM
Started the league with this build.

The gameplay is awesome.
The damage is reliable and good.
Not a zoom zoom build , but it's not an issue for me :)

Thank you very much for the guide Shak.
Will push it to 100 with enjoyment
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Hi, I have horrible probleme with my build. On lvl 85 I try to change in Energy shield, but I have no idea, which auras I should use, because on YT under video somebody advices me to use Prism Guardian archon kite shield to use all auras from build. If I change on energyshield, is there nessesary use Chaos Inoculation: 1HP only. If I use recomended shield, I cant reserve anything from 1 HP. So how can I now work? Which auras I should use please? Can somebody describe me thiss all and also give me all gems with links on endgame please? If I try to use Prism Guardian archon kite shield - I cant reserve anything from life. If I use another shield, I cant use all auras from POB, because it reserve more than 100%.
Thank you for help
Last edited by Andarger on Nov 1, 2021, 1:09:48 PM
Hi Andarger,

The prism guardian is a shield used when running the low life version of the build. You cannot use the reserver life when CI, as you technically don't have life.

I would recommend to have a look at the PoB and selecting the CI version in the gear tab.
"
Andarger wrote:
Hi, I have horrible probleme with my build. On lvl 85 I try to change in Energy shield, but I have no idea, which auras I should use, because on YT under video somebody advices me to use Prism Guardian archon kite shield to use all auras from build. If I change on energyshield, is there nessesary use Chaos Inoculation: 1HP only. If I use recomended shield, I cant reserve anything from 1 HP. So how can I now work? Which auras I should use please? Can somebody describe me thiss all and also give me all gems with links on endgame please? If I try to use Prism Guardian archon kite shield - I cant reserve anything from life. If I use another shield, I cant use all auras from POB, because it reserve more than 100%.
Thank you for help

You are describing two different versions of the build. One being CI (Chaos Inoculation), and the other being LL (Low Life). The LL version uses the Prism Guardian while the CI does not. If you check in the guide on page one Shak goes over the differences, and how to choose in detail. Give that a read and I think that might help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info