[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
kebal wrote:
I have found that top Vortex builds are running
Temporal Chains(Ele Weakness) + Enlighten + Frostbite + Blasphemy.
So they are having 2 curses as auras. And Ele Weak+Frostbite give extreme -% cold res, and what's even better you don't need to cast Storm Brand, as we do in LL version.
For Ultimate mechanics it is very good to run non-stop, without stops to cast something, because of those Ruin ultimatums that make you fail if you were hit 7 times.
What do you think of this setup? Isn't it better than what was suggested by the author?

You're free to test it out, but from what I've found you should only need to cast sb for the double curse on bosses. Vortex melts anything in the ultimatum including trialmaster at t16 with juiced mods without needing the blasphemy set up.
Last edited by Bobothebuilder on Apr 22, 2021, 7:44:16 PM
"
ogli wrote:
ok, I'am utterly confused...
I am Still leveling (level 65) 3300ES - no switching to CI:

Rime Helm Vaal CS 4(5)L- ok
Flame Dash 4L - ok
Creeping Frost 4L - ok
Breast 5L Vortex - Frost Shield in 6. Place - ok
Shield Vaal Discipline and Malevolance (red socket free for arrogance)

BUT TRIGGER WAND:
????????????????
At the moment: OOS Frostbite Tempest Shield

It is a mixed mess? I'am not sure what to socket now. Spent all my Currency (but 6c) at the moment.

What should I change in gem setup???

Thx for help

That all looks great. You can probably swap Cold Snap in for Creeping Frost at this point.
having a lot of trouble pushing this build into t14 maps.

https://pastebin.com/VYVTAkex

that is my current PoB and ive been getting absolutely rolled in red maps.

feel like my damage is garbage.

any help would be appreciated.
Nice build. I a little bit change/adapt for my way.
Not sure to go LL, maybe will go CI (all my last chars was CI except one melee).
But actually my noob hybrid works nice :)
/1625088 - my Perandus shop
/746510 - PoE tiny service
/901183 - new contract system (Support it!!)
/1183686 - My map is MAD!
/1145686 - my Gear /899106 - my Shop
In early red maps now and i'ts a breeze. Sticked to CI and trying to upgrade it constantly - currently at 11k ES. I actually spent more time trading and gearing then playing so far.

Some notes:
-A shield which gives charges on block (+mandatory recover on block) is nice.
-I am running Aspect of the Spider (+Malevolence + Clarity) Need lvl 4 enlighten + the reduced Mana reserved Helmet enchant on Rime Gaze (for Malevolence or clarity) - other ways are a shield with Malevolence has -15%, and/or amu with -15 reserved. To spend points going for reduced mana on tree (or different amu anoint) is not worth it for aspect.
-Next upgrade most likely Belt + watcher's and better gems (21/20 and/or alternate gems) and gloves.

Last edited by Tannhauser1 on Apr 23, 2021, 7:16:35 AM
"
kingcane1 wrote:
having a lot of trouble pushing this build into t14 maps.

https://pastebin.com/VYVTAkex

that is my current PoB and ive been getting absolutely rolled in red maps.

feel like my damage is garbage.

any help would be appreciated.

I took a look.

Your ES looks low for red maps in a LL build.

Your next upgrades should be Cinderswallow (this will help with both offense and defense), and a better belt for more ES.

You can increase your damage by getting a 21/23 Vortex, getting quality on all the support gems, upgrading to awakened gems and also getting the clusters. This is not cheap though obviously.
"
"
ogli wrote:
ok, I'am utterly confused...
I am Still leveling (level 65) 3300ES - no switching to CI:

Rime Helm Vaal CS 4(5)L- ok
Flame Dash 4L - ok
Creeping Frost 4L - ok
Breast 5L Vortex - Frost Shield in 6. Place - ok
Shield Vaal Discipline and Malevolance (red socket free for arrogance)

BUT TRIGGER WAND:
????????????????
At the moment: OOS Frostbite Tempest Shield

It is a mixed mess? I'am not sure what to socket now. Spent all my Currency (but 6c) at the moment.

What should I change in gem setup???

Thx for help

That all looks great. You can probably swap Cold Snap in for Creeping Frost at this point.

Thank u, have Vortex as main Damage skill (left mouse btn). Iám literally only walking through maps, sometimes flame Dashing. Cold Snap on bosses and Ultimates. In Ultimates sometimes Frost Shield and Vaal Cold Snap.

More a walk then a game now ;)
"
"
kebal wrote:
I have found that top Vortex builds are running
Temporal Chains(Ele Weakness) + Enlighten + Frostbite + Blasphemy.
So they are having 2 curses as auras. And Ele Weak+Frostbite give extreme -% cold res, and what's even better you don't need to cast Storm Brand, as we do in LL version.
For Ultimate mechanics it is very good to run non-stop, without stops to cast something, because of those Ruin ultimatums that make you fail if you were hit 7 times.
What do you think of this setup? Isn't it better than what was suggested by the author?

You're free to test it out, but from what I've found you should only need to cast sb for the double curse on bosses. Vortex melts anything in the ultimatum including trialmaster at t16 with juiced mods without needing the blasphemy set up.

How did you craft the wand as yours? Is there any video or text guide?
Does anyone know if there is a good loot filter for this on console? I'm currently using the starting off for everyone filter.
Had a blast league starting with this build. Currently at level 97 with this gear:

Trying to get a Mark of the Shaper + Unset Elder Ring now by dropping Sin Trek, but balancing these with resists + attributes is a nightmare

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info