[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Fizzx_Gaming wrote:
"
"
Fizzx_Gaming wrote:
On the LL(no Cluster) couldn't we take the two 10% increased aoe nodes by Blast Radius instead of the 2 int nodes between Foresight and the jewel socket?

yes. You trade off a small amount of ES for a small amount of AOE.

You could even go one node further if you want. You can remove three int nodes above the Thread of Hope jewel socket, and then take one more AOE node in the Blast Radius cluster.

Here is what I did.

https://pastebin.com/yDigmayf

looks good.
"

I think Vortex is a nice second char to roll. It scales well if you intend to throw a lot of currency at it.

In my opinion, clear speed is mediocre compared to other builds as you have to walk up or dash into packs or self cast cold snap. It performs about as well as the video this guide provides when clearing maps. There are plenty of ways to improve clear if that's a priority with profane bloom, increased aoe, and cooldown rate.

The defense is fine, there's a nice amount of block and the CI version is immune to chaos dot. Additionally, if you have enough ES one-shots won't happen often even if you're new to the game and are learning encounter mechanics. Rolling flasks and upgrading the appropriate pantheons is s huge boon as well.

Thanks for the reply. I was concerned about clearing maps too slowly, while not looking for a zoom build to clear 90 maps a hour, i'd also prefer not spending 10-15minutes per map but this look fast enough from the videos.

The survivability had me concerned too as my other character is an inquisitor with 5k hp and 90% phys damage reduction, i'd see myself die extremely quickly even to physical damage. I'm not familiar with all the formulas in this game for both damage done and damage received so that'd likely be on my end.

thanks for answering, i'll make a witch now :D
Map clearspeed is the biggest flaw of this build, imo. It's not terrible, but it's a lot slower than I'm use to. Especially in T13+ maps, when the pack density gets high enough, you really start missing one-shotting screens with one click. It's not terribly slow or anything, the OP runs <3min T16s, but it's average at best.

However, it's really good at everything else. Tanky and safe, Ultimatums are easy, almost everything except pure map clear and legions feels really good.

You can get to 8-9k ES cheaply, and the LL gets very good regen, so it avoid one-shots, and has good recovery. I'm an average player, and since I got to maps, I've only died four times or something - a random corpse explosion, two stone circle late waves, and something I forgot. I never skip Ultimatums, just mindlessly clear them.

If only Vortex had no cooldown.
Big question here.
At this current time there arent any large thread of hope available. therefore how would you modify the tree in accord to this?
"
LetsOwn wrote:
Big question here.
At this current time there arent any large thread of hope available. therefore how would you modify the tree in accord to this?

Divine any other size into large.

Or get Intuitive Leap.
"
KFieLdGaming wrote:

What else are you running that's causing you not to be able to run mal + discipline? Those are the two most important auras and you should be able to run them, both at level 20, without enlighten or the -mana reservation nodes on the passive tree. I can run clarity, malevolence and vaal discipline without enlighten or anything that reduces mana reservation gear/passive wise.

Malv + Discipline is 85% total reserved, which leaves me at 236 / 1,575 mana. It's possible I'm doing something wrong, since I'm a filthy casual, but I'm not finding myself able to manage on that shallow a mana pool (though I am using Voidbringer).
The blasphemy+frostbite combo is intriguing. I thought about doing curse on hit ring for frostbite but if you ever wanted to transition into a setup like mark of the shaper + elder ring for more damage later on, you're gonna lose the curse on hit unless you get it on your gloves maybe. Trying to get an elder ring with frostbite on hit from delve, or even a double influenced elder/redeemer ring with it... not gonna be cheap lol.

I'm really nowhere near being in a position to say with certainty whether I'm gonna stick with the build or not, I still have so much to do with it. The only gripe I really have with it currently is bossing, and it's not so much my terrible single target but just the mechanics of vortex and keeping it up on bosses while dodging mechanics. Also not a fan of the 8 second trigger nerf. It's a pretty big annoyance imo.
Last edited by KFieLdGaming on Apr 22, 2021, 5:54:17 PM
"
masterloups wrote:

The survivability had me concerned too as my other character is an inquisitor with 5k hp and 90% phys damage reduction, i'd see myself die extremely quickly even to physical damage.

One thing to note that I learned a couple of leagues ago is that Armor and Phys Reduction can give you a significant false sense of security.

The Phy reduction number you see in POB and in the tool tip are based on small hits being received.

Armor works incredible well on small hits.

However, armor's mitigation drops significantly the larger the hit. You can see this in effect when you go to the POB configuration screen and change the size of the hit damage in the box labeled Enemy Hit Damage. As you raise the size of the incoming damage, you will see your armors Phy damage reduction drop sharply.

This is why many end game builds prefer a Basalt flask over a granite flask. The Basalt flask will always give the same phy mitigation whether the hit is large or small. Where as armor's phy mitigation is kind of inversely proportional to the size of the damage coming in.

The fact that your character was also using Abyssus helps explain why large phy hits were crushing you.
ok, I'am utterly confused...
I am Still leveling (level 65) 3300ES - no switching to CI:

Rime Helm Vaal CS 4(5)L- ok
Flame Dash 4L - ok
Creeping Frost 4L - ok
Breast 5L Vortex - Frost Shield in 6. Place - ok
Shield Vaal Discipline and Malevolance (red socket free for arrogance)

BUT TRIGGER WAND:
????????????????
At the moment: OOS Frostbite Tempest Shield

It is a mixed mess? I'am not sure what to socket now. Spent all my Currency (but 6c) at the moment.

What should I change in gem setup???

Thx for help

I have found that top Vortex builds are running
Temporal Chains(Ele Weakness) + Enlighten + Frostbite + Blasphemy.
So they are having 2 curses as auras. And Ele Weak+Frostbite give extreme -% cold res, and what's even better you don't need to cast Storm Brand, as we do in LL version.
For Ultimate mechanics it is very good to run non-stop, without stops to cast something, because of those Ruin ultimatums that make you fail if you were hit 7 times.
What do you think of this setup? Isn't it better than what was suggested by the author?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info