[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
BundesHeinz wrote:
Hey Guys, I've kind of reached the ceiling of my knowledge in terms of progression and would love some input to my character and where it would be best to get upgrades.

Awakened Ele Focus is on the list but other than that I'm not sure where upgrading is most efficient.

I'm also not really sure about the helmet. It's great defensively and I'm having issues maxing resists without it but Rime Gaze is just a disgusting lot of damage.

Here's my PoB
https://pastebin.com/HMNWdD4K

Another thing: I'd love to put Vortex on my left mouse button (walk) but - especially with the reduced cooldown - that doesn't quite work mana-wise. Would it be possible to drop Flesh and Stone for Aspect of the Spider, freeing a gem slot for Clarity or is that just too big a hit on my survivability?

Thanks gmy Vortex-bros!

What you can do to massively improve your damage:
35% MS and 3 good res in boots (the faster you run the more monsters you can kill per second).
Cold dot multi (and possibly one of Warlocks dmg modes in prefs) in gloves
Helmet like mine (Redeemer's pref is not necessary, I just decided to not skip it when was rolling prefixes).
Better wand.
+2 Duration Shav
What you can do to improve your damage but not so much:
Awakened / alternate quality gems.
What you can do to improve your ES:
Use catalysts on Chayula (20 to 24% conversion)
Take t1 flat + t1 percent Crusader's Crystal Belt. Shaper's ES from body armour is kinda bad for Vortex as you don't use a 700+ ES Regalia.

Boots is the best slot to get massive resistances as you don't have really game-changing suffixes there.

Idk if you use clusters, but if you don't I highly recommend you to start.
Last edited by Its_OP on Feb 5, 2021, 3:24:20 AM
If anyone has already killed The Feared using Vortex, how good your character was at that moment?
Can anyone breakdown why this build choses to go with elemental equlibrium and skips transcendent mind jewel?
"
Flaxiz wrote:
Can anyone breakdown why this build choses to go with elemental equlibrium and skips transcendent mind jewel?

EE gives you much more damage then Transcendent Mind. Also with Mind you block your way to a very good ES node.
"
SleepyJoeARZ wrote:
"
BigJules wrote:
I'm struggling with the build a bit, i'm still in CI mode and struggling with dps on bosses, particularly those who are fairly mobile and will not stay in the vortex. So far I've failed miserably A3 Cirus, Vaal temple and maven watched eradicator of all things. I can get the fights to the last phase, but then I can't finish them. And it takes so long that eventually I die to something. POB lists my vortex dot DPS at 1.2M so you'd think it would be ok but it feels like it's not. What am I doing wrong? I like the build and would like to progress with it, but I don't have the currency to spend on getting a shav and trying LL, and I think I should be having more success that I am having at these levels.

The answer could of course just be "git good" but if that's the case then I need to switch to something more braindead, as I am not the best player.

Here's my pastebin and my profile should be public. Thanks for the help.

https://pastebin.com/7hbTDv5h

You do not have the correct flasks, need witchfire and a sulphur flask. If you wish to do more dps i recommend specing out of explode, and moving to powercharge node. That node is 24% damage + 24% aoe + powercharges.

YOU DO NOT HAVE +1 COLD SPELL GEMS ON SHIELD. your wand is OK, however it should be a base with 1.50 speed so you can hard cast regular cold snap more often. You do not have frost bomb anywhere can see, you can hard cast that easily as well, ITS 50% RESIST REDUCTION.

Get mark of the shaper + elder ring ASAP, it's really tough to do with attribute requirements and resists, but its something to aim for its 90% inc spell damage ffs.

Witchfire brew? Forbidden Power? C'mon dude this is horrible advice.

Witchfire brew is by far the worst flask for this build the despair curse affect cancels out our curses and lowers DPS and "increased Damage over time" is the worst stat for the build. Don't believe what POB says if this flask give you a dmg boost. Only people that use this flask as vortex are cheesing poe.ninja to get their dps in the highest rank.

Power Charges are a waste for this build I am not even going to explain.

Also, your way better off using Bottled Faith over Divine Sorrow but I Can't hate as I love Zealot's and I know its hard to get as CI.

If you want more DPS go LL.
Last edited by donbrawler on Feb 5, 2021, 3:46:09 AM
"

35% MS and 3 good res in boots (the faster you run the more monsters you can kill per second).
Helmet like mine (Redeemer's pref is not necessary, I just decided to not skip it when was rolling prefixes).
Better wand.
+2 Duration Shav
Take t1 flat + t1 percent Crusader's Crystal Belt. Shaper's ES from body armour is kinda bad for Vortex as you don't use a 700+ ES Regalia.

Boots is the best slot to get massive resistances as you don't have really game-changing suffixes there.

Thanks for the answer! I've been away for a really long time and most of these things I just don't know how to get if not just buying them. What would you say is the most efficient (in terms of cost) one of these things to get and how do I best go about it?

edit: oh yeah, also, what about Aspect of the Spider? Does that make sense?
Last edited by BundesHeinz on Feb 5, 2021, 5:04:48 AM
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
SleepyJoeARZ wrote:
"
BigJules wrote:
I'm struggling with the build a bit, i'm still in CI mode and struggling with dps on bosses, particularly those who are fairly mobile and will not stay in the vortex. So far I've failed miserably A3 Cirus, Vaal temple and maven watched eradicator of all things. I can get the fights to the last phase, but then I can't finish them. And it takes so long that eventually I die to something. POB lists my vortex dot DPS at 1.2M so you'd think it would be ok but it feels like it's not. What am I doing wrong? I like the build and would like to progress with it, but I don't have the currency to spend on getting a shav and trying LL, and I think I should be having more success that I am having at these levels.

The answer could of course just be "git good" but if that's the case then I need to switch to something more braindead, as I am not the best player.

Here's my pastebin and my profile should be public. Thanks for the help.

https://pastebin.com/7hbTDv5h

You do not have the correct flasks, need witchfire and a sulphur flask. If you wish to do more dps i recommend specing out of explode, and moving to powercharge node. That node is 24% damage + 24% aoe + powercharges.

YOU DO NOT HAVE +1 COLD SPELL GEMS ON SHIELD. your wand is OK, however it should be a base with 1.50 speed so you can hard cast regular cold snap more often. You do not have frost bomb anywhere can see, you can hard cast that easily as well, ITS 50% RESIST REDUCTION.

Get mark of the shaper + elder ring ASAP, it's really tough to do with attribute requirements and resists, but its something to aim for its 90% inc spell damage ffs.

Witchfire brew? Forbidden Power? C'mon dude this is horrible advice.

Witchfire brew is by far the worst flask for this build the despair curse affect cancels out our curses and lowers DPS and "increased Damage over time" is the worst stat for the build. Don't believe what POB says if this flask give you a dmg boost. Only people that use this flask as vortex are cheesing poe.ninja to get their dps in the highest rank.

Power Charges are a waste for this build I am not even going to explain.

Also, your way better off using Bottled Faith over Divine Sorrow but I Can't hate as I love Zealot's and I know its hard to get as CI.

If you want more DPS go LL.

Why is withfire so bad? I don't get it. I'm using one and Frostbite on Blasphemy, why would it lower my dps?
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
"

Better wand.
+2 Duration Shav

Thanks for the answer! I've been away for a really long time and most of these things I just don't know how to get if not just buying them. What would you say is the most efficient (in terms of cost) one of these things to get and how do I best go about it?

edit: oh yeah, also, what about Aspect of the Spider? Does that make sense?

Aspect is very good because it gives you both defensive and offensive buffs, but, the most important, it doesn't require an empty gem slot. Now some crafting recipes:

Boots are easy to do. Roll them with fossils untill you hit 35MS, get rid of suffixes (if you don't get anything good) and just reroll resistances (the only cold fire and light suffixes).
To make gloves you should buy Shaper's Fingerless, roll them with Dense fossils, craft cold res and aug cold (prefixes MUST be blocked). You'll guaranteed get cold dot multi. Then you can change crafted res to fire, for example, reroll via Harvest till you get t3-t2 and change this res to the one you need.
Helmet is crafted by using an Awakener's Orb. In my setup I needed to get a 3rd removable suffix to craft Aspect supported by enlighten. If you don't need Aspect in helmet you can just buy a rare "base" with 2 required influence mods (I'm selling one for 8ex) and reroll prefs till you hit some good mods. Or just craft def and reroll it untill you hit t2+ flat or t2+ percent.

Anyways remember, that Harvest, poedb and craftofexile.com are your best friends if you don't want to overpay for crafting.
Last edited by Its_OP on Feb 5, 2021, 5:52:58 AM
For the helm

- get a high ilvl (86+) hubris circlet with the enchant you want (30% cooldown or 40% damage): 30-50c.
- single reso perfect fossil until 27-28 quality. 20-50c
- single reso dense fossil until 300es and 2 open suffix and no cold resist. 20-50c
- redeemer orb it: 50c.

if you hit "Nearby Enemies have -9% to Cold Resistance" consider yourself lucky.

else:
- scour suffix with harvest or target remove suffixes: 2ex
- bench craft cold resist: 1 alch
- harvest aug cold: 80% to hit the freeze mod: 1ex
- harvest aug cold again: guarantee -9% to cold resist: 1ex
- bench craft you last resist you want: 1 scour 2c
- harvest lucky everything/prefix/defense

if you hit t1 reserved mana reduction (5%) on your redeemer orb:
- bench craft cold resist 1 alch
- harvest rem/add cold until -9. 10ex.
- sell to "Darthlard" (and nobody else) for 20ex and a solid 5c profit ^^.

Last edited by roselan on Feb 5, 2021, 8:27:28 AM
"
BundesHeinz wrote:

Why is withfire so bad? I don't get it. I'm using one and Frostbite on Blasphemy, why would it lower my dps?

It doesn't lower your DPS as long as you have a source of "Can apply an additional curse", which you do. It lowers the DPS in the theoretical scenario where you have 2 offensive curses in some fashion (either via blasphemy or curse on hit or whatever other delivery method). In that scenario Witchfire would override the chronologically first applied curse with Despair, which is worse than the Ele Weakness/Frostbite it replaces.

My personal issue with brew is that it has very limited utility, it competes against Cinderswallow, Bottled Faith or a utility Flask, Cinderswallow makes us Immortal, Bottled Faith wins out in DPS and makes EO slightly more comfy and a utility flask gives ignite immunity and phys reduction, which is a big defensive boost.
Last edited by stnikolauswagne on Feb 5, 2021, 7:25:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info