[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Got it. I thought, you wanted to get rid of Int.

and say bye to 10% max es when divined to 50? never :D

tbh: I don't know if I will ever finish it. My current helm isn't that bad and I'm not much of a crafter.

current helm:
Last edited by roselan on Feb 5, 2021, 8:44:51 AM
Ended up with this one

Kinda nice, but would have prefered the -9 cold obvsly^^

Regarding the Witchfire Brew. In my case it's either Witchfire and Aspect of the spider or a 2nd curse. And while I agree that if I would only have to decide between Witchfire and running a 2nd blasphemy curse, I'd rather do that, but losing Aspect of the Spider on top of it doesn't really seem like a good trade. Idk, maybe I need to playy with Cinderswallow for a while to realise how good it is...

Anyway, maybe with the new 5% reduced mana reservation from my helmet I can fit in temp chains without removing another reservation.
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
Ended up with this one

Kinda nice, but would have prefered the -9 cold obvsly^^

Regarding the Witchfire Brew. In my case it's either Witchfire and Aspect of the spider or a 2nd curse. And while I agree that if I would only have to decide between Witchfire and running a 2nd blasphemy curse, I'd rather do that, but losing Aspect of the Spider on top of it doesn't really seem like a good trade. Idk, maybe I need to playy with Cinderswallow for a while to realise how good it is...

Anyway, maybe with the new 5% reduced mana reservation from my helmet I can fit in temp chains without removing another reservation.

Actually there is an option for you to get there -9% cold res and Aspect. It'll cost you ≈10-15 ex. I can write a method to you if you're interested.
Last edited by Its_OP on Feb 5, 2021, 9:05:16 AM

]"increased Damage over time" is the worst stat for the build.

Question on this and maybe i missed it. (increased Damage over time" is the worst stat for the build)

I never really thought about this.

I assumed

#1 Cold Dmg over time Multi
#2 Spell Damage w/LL
#3 Cold Damage = Damage over time

Last edited by SPYDER680 on Feb 5, 2021, 9:46:52 PM
"
SPYDER680 wrote:

Question on this and maybe i missed it. (increased Damage over time" is the worst stat for the build)

I never really thought about this.

I assumed

#1 Cold Dmg over time Multi
#2 Spell Damage w/LL
#3 Cold Damage = Damage over time

Basically we are scaling damage in 5 ways

#1 Increased Damage (Includes Cold, Spell, Generic, Damage over Time)
#2 Dot Multiplier (Includes Cold Dot and generic Dot multi)
#3 More Damage (Includes Hatred, Pain Attunment, all kinds of things)
#4 Enemy Resistance (includes our Curses and Redeemer Helmet Mod)
#5 Enemy Damage Taken (includes Bonechill and Cinderswallow Urn)

Now the big thing here is that everything but „more Damage“ is additive, meaning the more you stack of any of these stats the worse it gets. Generic damage increases generally are the easiest thing to stack, which is why something like „40% increased Damage“ is not really impressive whereas „15% more Damage“ is much bigger, even though the numbers would suggest the opposite.

This might be off on the slight specifics but the above is how PoB DPS calculation seems to work, which I would generally trust over any kind of „feelycraft“.
Last edited by stnikolauswagne on Feb 5, 2021, 10:48:28 AM
Alight you crafting pros, I came up with this pair of gloves:

Now as I understand it I can just "augment cold" for guaranteed cold multi, right?
But what do I do after that? Is it worth it to:
1. Augment Defence
2. Remove attack (and maybe craft Apect on them?)

Help as always appreciated, you guys helped me tremendously to get a better grasp on crafting gear in this day and age!
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
Alight you crafting pros, I came up with this pair of gloves:

Now as I understand it I can just "augment cold" for guaranteed cold multi, right?
But what do I do after that? Is it worth it to:
1. Augment Defence
2. Remove attack (and maybe craft Apect on them?)

Help as always appreciated, you guys helped me tremendously to get a better grasp on crafting gear in this day and age!

Rn aug cold would give you either t1 or t2 cold dot multi. In second option you can convert cold res to light or fire, remove attack, remove cold, craft cold res and aug cold again. In case of t2 you remove crafted, remove cold, craft cold, aug cold. Repeat untill success. There is also an option to reroll suffixes untill you get decent strength / dex / Faster casting. If you place your Flame Dash in gloves with Faster casting its Mana Cost increases, which allows you to get higher level of Anomalous Arcane Surge (HUGE mana regen boost). If you want to add Aspect you have to remove Accuracy. In that case it's also viable to transfer your curse setup to Gloves and link it with Enlighten. It'll make both curses and Aspect cheaper and probably will save some tree points for you.
Last edited by Its_OP on Feb 5, 2021, 11:11:56 AM

Holy shit this went well. Not sure if I should craft an Aspect on them. Sheesh, I really don't want to give them out of my hands^^
"
BundesHeinz wrote:

Holy shit this went well. Not sure if I should craft an Aspect on them. Sheesh, I really don't want to give them out of my hands^^

As I've already mentioned, rem attack will always destroy accuracy.
Yeah, I saw that! I meant I'm not really sure what to do with the last suffix.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info