[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
jalkarai wrote:
I find I have a hard time committing to CI when I run a league start character, is it ok to play as hybrid for awhile into maps before switching, or is chaos damage so dangerous I should just switch asap?

I do consider myself a person who plays the game a lot, but I played SSF Flashback with this build and had no issues transitioning to CI basically as I got into maps. If you're playing trade league, it will not be difficult to do. If you want to stay life a bit longer, you may need to look out for more evasion/es gear, as having 4,000 hp or so, and no other defenses will be rough.
"
jalkarai wrote:
I find I have a hard time committing to CI when I run a league start character, is it ok to play as hybrid for awhile into maps before switching, or is chaos damage so dangerous I should just switch asap?

Its actually not as scary as it was in the past to go CI early.

All you need is a good ES chest (Can usually buy a generic 6 link one with 400-500 ES cheap.

ES Helm/Gloves/Boots/Belt and rest just kinda flows.
(Can Grab Sin-Trek really cheap)

Long as you can hit 5000-6000 ES your usually good.

Since you lose flasks, for recovery you get two options now.

Vaal Discipline
Enduring Cry w/Zealots Oath.

Last edited by SPYDER680 on Feb 4, 2021, 10:29:55 AM
Does some have tips on how to improve my build?

https://pastebin.com/NQmw9fbm

i will go with malevolence dmg over time multi as my next upgrade, but after that?
"
rnbounty wrote:
Does some have tips on how to improve my build?

https://pastebin.com/NQmw9fbm

i will go with malevolence dmg over time multi as my next upgrade, but after that?

Get a second cluster.
Get a rare amulet, whispers of doom, and Vile Bastion instead of Malediction

I see you have lot of tree points for area of effect, check some frostbolt builds if you feel clear is what's slowing you down.
Not bad for my first go at corrupting one this league!! (it's no +2 cold gems but still...)

I have 8kk Sirus dps and 7.5k ES rn. Is it enough to pass The Feared? My only defensive "aura" is Aspect of Spider.
Last edited by Its_OP on Feb 4, 2021, 3:51:44 PM
Edited
Had a problem fixed it myself
Last edited by xGetsuga on Feb 4, 2021, 11:29:40 PM
I hate the sirus RNG so much. Was making good progress on leveling too. Sometimes i feel like level 100 is a lie.
Hey Guys, I've kind of reached the ceiling of my knowledge in terms of progression and would love some input to my character and where it would be best to get upgrades.

Awakened Ele Focus is on the list but other than that I'm not sure where upgrading is most efficient.

I'm also not really sure about the helmet. It's great defensively and I'm having issues maxing resists without it but Rime Gaze is just a disgusting lot of damage.

Here's my PoB
https://pastebin.com/HMNWdD4K

Another thing: I'd love to put Vortex on my left mouse button (walk) but - especially with the reduced cooldown - that doesn't quite work mana-wise. Would it be possible to drop Flesh and Stone for Aspect of the Spider, freeing a gem slot for Clarity or is that just too big a hit on my survivability?

Thanks gmy Vortex-bros!
"
BigJules wrote:
I'm struggling with the build a bit, i'm still in CI mode and struggling with dps on bosses, particularly those who are fairly mobile and will not stay in the vortex. So far I've failed miserably A3 Cirus, Vaal temple and maven watched eradicator of all things. I can get the fights to the last phase, but then I can't finish them. And it takes so long that eventually I die to something. POB lists my vortex dot DPS at 1.2M so you'd think it would be ok but it feels like it's not. What am I doing wrong? I like the build and would like to progress with it, but I don't have the currency to spend on getting a shav and trying LL, and I think I should be having more success that I am having at these levels.

The answer could of course just be "git good" but if that's the case then I need to switch to something more braindead, as I am not the best player.

Here's my pastebin and my profile should be public. Thanks for the help.

https://pastebin.com/7hbTDv5h

You do not have the correct flasks, need witchfire and a sulphur flask. If you wish to do more dps i recommend specing out of explode, and moving to powercharge node. That node is 24% damage + 24% aoe + powercharges.

YOU DO NOT HAVE +1 COLD SPELL GEMS ON SHIELD. your wand is OK, however it should be a base with 1.50 speed so you can hard cast regular cold snap more often. You do not have frost bomb anywhere i can see, you can hard cast that easily as well, ITS 50% RESIST REDUCTION.

Get mark of the shaper + elder ring ASAP, it's really tough to do with attribute requirements and resists, but its something to aim for its 90% inc spell damage ffs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info