[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
CuteMike4U wrote:
I just switched to LL after finally linking my Shav's. Running Prism Guardian and everything just like the switch to LL section in the guide shows, but I can only turn on 2/3 curses and 2/3 auras. I'm sure I'm missing something easy and stupid, but can anyone help me out here?

https://pastebin.com/fdC7n24r

Yea your missing Sovereignty on the left side of the tree. These are more mana reserved nodes and is Required for LL. Remove the block nodes by the energy shield wheel to gain points.
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
CuteMike4U wrote:
I just switched to LL after finally linking my Shav's. Running Prism Guardian and everything just like the switch to LL section in the guide shows, but I can only turn on 2/3 curses and 2/3 auras. I'm sure I'm missing something easy and stupid, but can anyone help me out here?

Yea your missing Sovereignty on the left side of the tree. These are more mana reserved nodes and is Required for LL. Remove the block nodes by the energy shield wheel to gain points.

Not sure how I missed that. Looks like I need a couple more levels to fully reach it, will have to drop a couple of other points as well. Or you think I should just run two auras/curses until then?
"
CuteMike4U wrote:
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
CuteMike4U wrote:

Not sure how I missed that. Looks like I need a couple more levels to fully reach it, will have to drop a couple of other points as well. Or you think I should just run two auras/curses until then?

I would run all three auras and just 1 curse for now.
"
roselan wrote:

With a good +1/+2/cdot rare amulet, you better off with vile bastion. With a presence of Chayula, you can spare the points and use malediction. Malediction got nerfed thou, and vile bastion buffed.

There is very few reason to go for chayula now. Chaos resist is big, but can be achieved pretty well with rare gear (I love these 15% ele + chaos bench crafts).

If the amulet is BiS it even has 20% to max es and tons of attributes. But then it's not 5ex.

All in all, a good rare amulet + vile bastion brings way more than what chayula + malediction and 4 trees points brings. A bis +2 t1 cdot amulet is nearly 38% your total dps.

Good to know. Ill keep the Chayula as some sort of training wheels until I naturalize that now "chaos damage bad".

Would you say that an end-game amulet is a higher priority than a weapon dps wise?

"
donbrawler wrote:
Here is a video to show how tanky LL can be with Vile Bastion, Zealot's Oath, Vitality, and one Brush with Death Jewel.

https://youtu.be/HabTE5Sdz9c

I was just going to show a 8 mod corrupted map with Juiced Sextants, Legion, Einhar, Harbinger, Shaper, Nemesis. But then there was a Delirium mirror and I couldn't resist and then Sirus Spawns!!!

I was dodging him and Nemesis crazy haha.

Nice video. I'm kinda sold on the whole combo now that I see that regen go crazy. Does Vitality-Zealot's Oath make it so your ES regen never stops even while getting damaged or is it some sort of interaction with Wicked Ward?

Also learned about the existence of Awakened Hextouch Support so I guess Malediction doesn't sound that enticing now
"
Splatatk wrote:
"
roselan wrote:

With a good +1/+2/cdot rare amulet, you better off with vile bastion. With a presence of Chayula, you can spare the points and use malediction. Malediction got nerfed thou, and vile bastion buffed.

There is very few reason to go for chayula now. Chaos resist is big, but can be achieved pretty well with rare gear (I love these 15% ele + chaos bench crafts).

If the amulet is BiS it even has 20% to max es and tons of attributes. But then it's not 5ex.

All in all, a good rare amulet + vile bastion brings way more than what chayula + malediction and 4 trees points brings. A bis +2 t1 cdot amulet is nearly 38% your total dps.

Good to know. Ill keep the Chayula as some sort of training wheels until I naturalize that now "chaos damage bad".

Would you say that an end-game amulet is a higher priority than a weapon dps wise?

"
donbrawler wrote:
Here is a video to show how tanky LL can be with Vile Bastion, Zealot's Oath, Vitality, and one Brush with Death Jewel.

I was just going to show a 8 mod corrupted map with Juiced Sextants, Legion, Einhar, Harbinger, Shaper, Nemesis. But then there was a Delirium mirror and I couldn't resist and then Sirus Spawns!!!

Nice video. I'm kinda sold on the whole combo now that I see that regen go crazy. Does Vitality-Zealot's Oath make it so your ES regen never stops even while getting damaged or is it some sort of interaction with Wicked Ward?

Also learned about the existence of Awakened Hextouch Support so I guess Malediction doesn't sound that enticing now

As far as I can tell its just like life regen and never stops. Energy Shield Recharge is probably what your referring to and Energy Shield Recharge is what doesn't recharge unless you take wicked ward. Wicked Ward isn't needed for LL in my opinion.

Malediction got nerfed a little bit and Vile bastion is super strong now and you can't give up Profane Bloom unless you get a lucky Synthesized Explode Wand.

Self casting Storm Brand with awakened Hex Touch is pretty awesome. I have been testing it since Delve Race and it lets you cast curses from distance then dash in and pop them.
Last edited by donbrawler on Jan 25, 2021, 8:15:36 PM
I'm sorry if someone else already mentioned this, but does anyone think using Lori's Lantern Prismatic Ring would be horrible if I didnt need the damage from the mark of the shaper setup for LL?
"
Splatatk wrote:
"
roselan wrote:

"
donbrawler wrote:

As far as I can tell its just like life regen and never stops. Energy Shield recharge is probably what your referring to. It still doesn't recharge unless you take wicked ward. Wicked Ward isn't needed for LL in my opinion.

Malediction got nerfed a little bit and Vile bastion is super strong now and you can't give up Profane Bloom unless you get a lucky Synthesized Explode Wand.

Self casting Storm Brand with awakened Hex Touch is pretty awesome. I have been testing it since Delve Race and it lets you cast curses from distance then dash in and pop them.

Try LVL 15 Vitality yourself and just stand in desecrated ground and watch your ES not move and stay full its a beauty. You need at least 450 ES regen without vile bastion for this to keep your ES full for any ground effect :D.
Last edited by donbrawler on Jan 25, 2021, 8:33:41 PM
"Self casting Storm Brand with awakened Hex Touch is pretty awesome."

I did notice you had that the other day, do you find it more effective than just straight self casting? I figure one less skill gem allows me to use Flesh & Stone as well.
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
"Self casting Storm Brand with awakened Hex Touch is pretty awesome."

I did notice you had that the other day, do you find it more effective than just straight self casting? I figure one less skill gem allows me to use Flesh & Stone as well.

I actually do enjoy using Blasphemy and not worrying about self casting curses.

You get so much more from dropping Blasphemy though so I think from now on I will use Awakened Hex Touch.

Positives
1. You don't need Malediction and you also save 3 points on the tree if your skipping Malediction for Whisper of Doom.

2. You can fit any extra aura and is up to your playstyle.

3. For Boss fights I like Awakened Hex Touch so much better. Being able to curse from a distance. Then kite harder hitting bosses by self casting curses and cold snap while the boss is running through my vortex chasing me is very safe.

4. You can put another skill in your trigger. I sided on Tempest Shield for now and I will start testing the new skill "Hydrosphere" as a option

Downsides
1. Awakened Hex only gets +1 to Curse at level 5 so that (Expensive) if you buy it at that level. You will have wait till you get it to level 5 before saving point or removing Malediction.

2. Self Casting Curses during maps is not for everyone. Most will enjoy the playstyle of using Blasphemy.

3. Its much smoother with Vortex on left click and it takes some time getting used to it. You are only self casting casting Storm Brand, Cold Snap, and Vaal Cold Snap on cooldown.
Last edited by donbrawler on Jan 25, 2021, 10:42:08 PM
"
donbrawler wrote:
I can confirm Maven Orb doesn't reroll your items it just removes one influence and upgrades another.

I got lucky and it upgraded cold dot multi. Just got to Aug Defense to get my ES back on the Gloves :)

My eyes... 90 ES elevated cold dot gloves. But, gz anyways.
Last edited by Its_OP on Jan 26, 2021, 3:52:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info