[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

if i use +4 reach of the council, do i need to use cold penetration instead of barrage support for single target?
"
avofaria wrote:
if i use +4 reach of the council, do i need to use cold penetration instead of barrage support for single target?

I think it's better to use Barrage active skill instead of Barrage Support.

With a +4 Reach of the Council, the single target link might want to include Increased Critical Strikes due to the low base crit of the bow.
I am currently using a Thicket Bow stacking pure cold/dex, and I am thinking of going to try Increased Crit Strikes due to no crit on bow and I don't have a crit Watcher's Eye yet.
Is anyone able to tell me what I should be upgrading next ? I have about 1.3 ex in bank at the moment.
I think I need a +1 quiver to start and perhaps a stygian vise also..
Last edited by kragtik on Jul 19, 2020, 2:54:56 AM
Could anyone please take at look at my character and point me in the next direction ?

Got some Frenzy/Culling gloves incoming just waiting for harvest craft just so you know !
I was using Chain/Deadeye last league and didn't find Fork to be that useful however this league i tested them both.

While chain seem to clear better it is slower. It takes more time for it to jump from monster to monster. This gives enough time for monsters to aim at you and shoot.

Fork however is almost instant. It forks to almost everything at once killing them even before they can even realise what happened.

This is crucial for survivability because you kill everything faster. Also you can move to new area sooner.

Fork reduced considerably deaths when i used it on maps that had tons of monsters. Also it feels much more fluid with the fast paced ice shot playstyle.

I think raider with always max frenxy/onslaught is more reliable than Deadeye.
It was annoying to loose frenzy charges to metamorph or boss fight and constrain build on certain areas to keep frenzy generating ability.

Huge chunk of DPS comes from frenzies so why not have them always.

There was tons of monsters in fully juiced up map with delirium and with fork deaths reduced to near zero.

Here the items, 5k health and pretty much steamroll everything.
Quiver is weak, gloves are weak, and Death opus... have not had time to craft something wonderful. Quality into attack speed enchant was not the best on the bow. Elemental damage would be more useful.

Life is more important than dps. Metamoprh 20 waves was almost deathless with 5k health vs better dps and 3.9k health when died constantly to something silly. So try find items that give both +dps and +life. ANy item that gives only one of them is not really suitable for glass cannon that we are.
In the skilltree i took "From the shadows" to have permanent phasing, so don't get stuck behind monsters and die. This allowed to have constitution on the amulet.

Skill gems can be upgraded to awakened, penetration support got rid of the rares monsters faster compared to damage on full life.
I had a plan to get awakened curse on hit and have two curses. This makes mapping even easier and 1 shot almost everything. Curse enemies with lvl 12 Assassin's mark constraints quite heavily when looking for good rings.

Triumphant Lamellar could be interesting path but i will not play anymore this league. Was thinking to include it after two curses are ready but this seems to take too much grind.

Last edited by Living_Fear on Jul 19, 2020, 3:54:31 PM
"
Living_Fear wrote:
I was using Chain/Deadeye last league and didn't find Fork to be that useful however this league i tested them both.

While chain seem to clear better it is slower. It takes more time for it to jump from monster to monster. This gives enough time for monsters to aim at you and shoot.

Fork however is almost instant. It forks to almost everything at once killing them even before they can even realise what happened.

This is crucial for survivability because you kill everything faster. Also you can move to new area sooner.

Fork reduced considerably deaths when i used it on maps that had tons of monsters. Also it feels much more fluid with the fast paced ice shot playstyle.

I think raider with always max frenxy/onslaught is more reliable than Deadeye.
It was annoying to loose frenzy charges to metamorph or boss fight and constrain build on certain areas to keep frenzy generating ability.

Huge chunk of DPS comes from frenzies so why not have them always.

There was tons of monsters in fully juiced up map with delirium and with fork deaths reduced to near zero.

Here the items, 5k health and pretty much steamroll everything.
Quiver is weak, gloves are weak, and Death opus... have not had time to craft something wonderful. Quality into attack speed enchant was not the best on the bow. Elemental damage would be more useful.

Life is more important than dps. Metamoprh 20 waves was almost deathless with 5k health vs better dps and 3.9k health when died constantly to something silly. So try find items that give both +dps and +life. ANy item that gives only one of them is not really suitable for glass cannon that we are.
In the skilltree i took "From the shadows" to have permanent phasing, so don't get stuck behind monsters and die. This allowed to have constitution on the amulet.

Skill gems can be upgraded to awakened, penetration support got rid of the rares monsters faster compared to damage on full life.
I had a plan to get awakened curse on hit and have two curses. This makes mapping even easier and 1 shot almost everything. Curse enemies with lvl 12 Assassin's mark constraints quite heavily when looking for good rings.

Triumphant Lamellar could be interesting path but i will not play anymore this league. Was thinking to include it after two curses are ready but this seems to take too much grind.

Please explain me how to get better single target damage, surely I am missing something .. Thanks !

Seems like I can generate my frenzy charges quickly even thought im at 99% crit chance on pob ..
Last edited by OblikZ on Jul 19, 2020, 7:09:45 PM
Sup,

i play a sorta-kinda similiar build in std, except mine is more zoomy but has less dps (ice shot hopeshredder raider)

Question: does this build have enough dps to comfortably clear 100% delirious t16+ maps on medium budget (<100ex total)?

Last edited by vtepezh on Jul 20, 2020, 11:00:32 AM
I have been testing in the POB the choice of rupture instead Endless Muniniton, and it gives me more dps ...... i have doing some wrong...I am missing something
Thks

Rupture

+40% to Critical Strike Multiplier against Bleeding Enemies
80% increased Critical Strike Chance against Bleeding Enemies
Attacks have 25% chance to cause Bleeding
Moving while Bleeding doesn't cause you to take extra Damage
Gain +30 Life when you Hit a Bleeding Enemy

Endless Munition

Skills fire an additional Projectile
50% increased Area of Effect
+200 to Accuracy Rating

Take a look my character Fulanomengano Ranger Hardcore Level 80 https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Alberto_Wolf/characters

NOTE: Could you upload a video tryying uber elder or uber atizir?
Last edited by Alberto_Wolf on Jul 21, 2020, 6:19:12 AM
How do you get freeze immunity in this build? I can't find anything about it on the guide, tought about boots crafts but dunno.
"
BalaHD wrote:
How do you get freeze immunity in this build? I can't find anything about it on the guide, tought about boots crafts but dunno.

you don't, either have cannot be frozen on boots or get a freeze immunity flask
Last edited by Giammafix on Jul 22, 2020, 4:21:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info