[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

Sorry for the very old account. Been trying to follow this guide for a while now and love it. Not really a min-max player due to time constraints , but this build feels so solid right through.

I'm actually playing on X1X and thanks to a very very limited trade market, I've hit a bit of a wall.

There is literally 1 6-linked Arborix on the market right now and they have not logged on for days now which blows. So my options are somewhat limited.

I'm currently using a 6-linked Opus for barrage and 5-linked Ire for my IC, quiver has the frenzy on crit but no additional arrows.

Would I be better off picking up a 6-linked, +1 arrow Harbinger and keep the 5-link Ire, or should i switch to a 6-link Ire and get a cheap (3ex) 5-linked Aborix ?

@Stilgarr, can you make your profile public? If I could see your gear I would be able to give better advice. I'm on x1x as well, and if its the same bow I was looking at, the guy wanted over 20x like a week and a half ago.

I have a rare one very similar in DSC. I think it was a 5 percent dps loss when I pob'd it. Cost an arm and a leg to craft, landed the mods recommended in the op, and it was still slightly inferior. Considering the cost to craft, that was an eye opener. I might still have an additional arrow quiver over there as well. I know how hard it is to find items on the mp though.

I dont know how many questions Ive asked in this thread that went unanswered, but Ive pretty much hit every available benchmark this post has to offer that's available with our limited economy.

Depending on the maps you are clearing, and how long its taking trash mobs to die to ice shot, you may have more pressing upgrades.

If the Aborix is 6s 5l it will save you time and frustration as opposed to buying a 5s5l one. Click your username near the top where the xbox symbol is, go to privacy settings, and make your characters public. I pop in this thread frequently.
"
On Your Knees wrote:
@Stilgarr, can you make your profile public? If I could see your gear I would be able to give better advice. I'm on x1x as well, and if its the same bow I was looking at, the guy wanted over 20x like a week and a half ago.

I have a rare one very similar in DSC. I think it was a 5 percent dps loss when I pob'd it. Cost an arm and a leg to craft, landed the mods recommended in the op, and it was still slightly inferior. Considering the cost to craft, that was an eye opener. I might still have an additional arrow quiver over there as well. I know how hard it is to find items on the mp though.

I dont know how many questions Ive asked in this thread that went unanswered, but Ive pretty much hit every available benchmark this post has to offer that's available with our limited economy.

Depending on the maps you are clearing, and how long its taking trash mobs to die to ice shot, you may have more pressing upgrades.

If the Aborix is 6s 5l it will save you time and frustration as opposed to buying a 5s5l one. Click your username near the top where the xbox symbol is, go to privacy settings, and make your characters public. I pop in this thread frequently.

Sorry, it wouldn't let me link my XB and PC profiles for some reason, so switched to the XB one now.

There's 1 6L Arborix for 8x, but not been on for a while, there are a couple of 5L 6S for 3x, so I'm tempted with that gamble.
A 6L Ire is 10x atm, and tbh thats my total budget lol.

For maps, I can clear upto T16 , with the odd random death, some bosses are just a non-starter depending on mods as I just dont push the DPS out with Barrage it seems.

I dont think my gear is shite, but I know it's not up there quite yet, I'm tempted to drop the quiver with the frenzy on crit to something with an arrow until I find or can craft both.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.
So a couple quick fixes I noticed.

You have level 20 gems that need to be vendored with a GCP to get Lvl:1/20quality.

You only have 4 gems being leveled in your offhand. You ideally want to have 21/20q gems in every slot (aside from CWDT and Steelskin), and this is no small task. I recommend using 2 3socket weapons simply because it is easier to recolour them so that you can work on 21/20 gems by priority. Any halfway decent gem used by a bunch of builds will easily fetch 30c at 20/20, so you almost would have made an exalt with those 2 offhand links filled in the time it takes to level/q a gem.

Vaal your 20/20 gems, the worst thing that can happen is you lose some quality, or it goes down a level, but you can always level the same gem socketed back up. I would focus on getting Barrage to 21/20 first, and probably socket it in 4-6 sockets in my offhand.

You have some of the better temple modded gloves I have seen on console, nice!

Get your Elder ring to 20% attack catalysts, this is a endgame piece that you dont need to worry about replacing any time soon, so further investing ~10~15c for the upgrade is trivial while the boost is notable.

Your gloves are not 20q, this is basically free defense. Anything you have geared with an implicit (like the 49 percent crit chance on your quiver) should be rolled to perfect. Blessed orbs are probably one of the most abundant currencies with almost no resale value. There is no point not having perfect implicits if a piece of gear is worthy to socket.

You are missing withering step in your setup. First thing I would buy is a Dying Sun Flask. You should never need more than 1 life flask, seems like everything just 1 shots us anyway :). The flask that I linked is like 1c, and I actually found myself switching it in for a crit cinderswallow flask, (which costs about 400 times more) so that I could deal with being frozen in places like delve.

You could also run an evasion flask or phasing flask (10% attack and spell dodge) with a Crit Chance is lucky flask. I'm not good with names so sorry for that, I just remember what they do.

Also, one of the most informative posts in this thread, and what I referenced the majority of my progression, is the post on page 69. I actually set it as my bookmark for this quide because it took over 10 minutes it felt like to navigate to it clicking through the pages. Honestly, OP should have just quoted it in his edits.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2660684/page/69

Edit: I was just trying to link your missing Gems, not my actual gear - Vaal Grace and Withering step. Don't mind the random lvl 16 herald of Ice, just leveling another copy to vaal to 21
Last edited by On Your Knees on May 2, 2020, 10:04:35 AM
And to answer your primary question, an Arborix will upgrade both your ice shot and barrage damage, but the Hyrris only boosts your ice shot damage. You would also lose a 6th link switching to the 5l arborix, which I doubt is worth it. I would make some smaller upgrades while keeping enough currency around to be close to purchasing the bow, if the seller reappears.

Also, look for a barrage +1 helm. I grabbed this base for ~2x and crafted the rolls on it.
Leveled a Ranger to play this build after starting to burn out with my melee toons. Got to maps, respec'd to this build and I think I'm bricked. I'm still working on crafting the three passive large cluster jewel (have already blown through 2-3ex between the crafting mats and actual failed slams), recognize that I have some very suboptimal INT gear, and have not taken ascendancy points yet. Right now I am severely stat-starved: I don't even have the STR reqs to level up some of my gems, which has led me to burn some passives just to get attribute points on the skill tree. All that said, this character is a mess and would really appreciate any advice on how to get back on track. TIA exile sempais

https://pastebin.com/BG9EkB8f

edit: crafting this large cluster jewel has been the most aggravating thing i've done this league. I blew about 2ex slamming an i60 before realizing that I can't get the 2 socket modifier on it; and upwards of 1k alts and 1-2ex gamble slamming for the fuel the fight suffix after infrequently hitting Feed the Fury, Martial Prowess and 2 socket on i81. I get so many trash third modifiers from regaling that it makes me wonder if I need to lower my cluster ilvl.
Last edited by Saltbringer on May 2, 2020, 1:39:12 PM

Here are some of the pieces I have replaced on xbox. I'm happy to sell them cheaper than what I paid / crafted them for.

The Watcher's eye I paid 5x on, will sell for 4. I compared it with similar Hatred ones, about the same price. Mine looks to be a better roll. You would eventually want a crit watcher's eye, which will prob run 10x, then a double hatred watcher's eye, which can range from 30-70x.

You are probably better off searching "additional arrow" in quotes under all quivers to find something a little easier to work with. The one I listed needs an annul to miss both the shaper mods, and wouldn't be cheap because it has those 2 mods and a 50:50 chance to save the item and multimod it. I think I saw some additional arrow quivers listed, ready to multimod that are highly affordable.

The amulet has the 2 gold 1 silver annointment, which is worth about 2.5x alone. I paid 1.5x for the spider craft, and that doesn't include the cost of rolling the amulet.

I found my current amulet by searching the trade board with "critical multi" "life" "elemental," (which you could use that search criteria to find a solid base and then work from that). Then I annuled a bad mod, blocked the suffix, slammed it with a redeemer orb (which gave me a good outcome), so I crafted Spider on it and bench crafted the 1x leech mod.

Basically, you wont find affordable end game items for the most part on the broker, and need to gamble / craft your own. My stuff in here is for sale, but its rare anybody finds it and doesn't offer an insulting amount relative to xbox prices. Anyways, I'd save for the bow and go from there. But you should keep your eye out on categories on the broker you are looking to upgrade, and know when you see a good deal by analyzing what is available.
Great guide!

Playing on standard. Can barely beat A7 sirus (5-6 portals used).

https://pastebin.com/Kr6xi83P

Not a big fan of using frost bomb as I feel the benefits expire before I can get much damage in. Also, I enjoy having a large life pool. Feel free to change my mind on those 2. Other than that, any major changes I can make? Have 10-20 ex to spend. Been working on a better helmet enchant.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Qxile on May 2, 2020, 2:20:32 PM
This build has been fantastic and I have enjoyed it alot though I feel it is time to retire it and see about another toon just as this League ends soon.

If anyone is wanting to build this I have the gear for it and won't mind doing a bulk sale or a trade for another toon.

Here are the items.

Arborix is 402 DPS.

I also have Clusters for this as-well as a Frenzy Bow for when I'm not using Void. And not to forget the Bow Jewels & Flat Cold Watcher's Eye.

DM Me here or in-game. @ElsaInFrozenTwo

Thanks.
Last edited by heyjay on May 2, 2020, 5:58:00 PM
"
On Your Knees wrote:
So a couple quick fixes I noticed.

Wow, thank you so much for the help, seriously, fantastic.

I vaal'd the Barrage and got 48% effectiveness of added damage, so got another one on the go.

Grabbed the flasks and they made a big difference, paired with an Elite controller (messed up fingers), I can actually trigger flasks properly while moving.

Can't belive I missed the gloves Q, oops

Going to try and grind some currency and see what I can afford, 10ex doesn't do much on such a limited market thats fr sure. Maybe I'll get lucky and the 8ex 6L Arborix guy will actually log on before the league ends :)

Again, thank you so much for the advice, looks like I got some work to do ;)

Edit: Got the Arborix, feels like a huge improvement. Down to 2ex but time to grind some currency :)
Last edited by Pointylugz on May 2, 2020, 9:39:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info