[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

"
GHOSTCL wrote:
"
GreyLensman wrote:
"
I think only iceshot can chill. Not barrage or one of its supported gems.

A crit of cold damage has 100% chance to freeze, and a frozen enemy is considered chilled. So in this build you are freezing (and chilling) most of the time once you get your crit chance high enough.

So if im attacking with my barrage that has cold damage in it and cold penetration do i freeze or chill ?
Because never saw it with barrage ,is cold damage enough to get the chill effect ? or it has to be cold base skill like ice shot ?

Your characters are hidden so I can't look at your PoB. But if you're following this build, most of the damage on your Barrage is cold.

You would be less likely to notice chill from Barrage because you are only using that on tough rares and bosses that likely have a much higher ailment threshold. So you might only be getting a 5% reduction for example. And anything less than 5% has no effect. Any mobs likely to get the full 30% slow from chill are being killed by barrage before you can notice. (Ice shot will do that too once you have enough damage.)
"
Mekrat wrote:
The actucal league mechanic is one of the reasons why you get oneshotted often. You will not get a oneshot in a normal map without active delirium up to t16 if you are not a pure glass cannon and your gear is not the worst.

And yea, some of the olol hearld stacking guys with servearl mirror tier gear die sometimes at wave 20 in a simulacrum and not to kosis.

And yea. Death Opus and Arborix should be removed only if you have a bow with 2 arrows and at least 1 t1 and 1 t2 or better flat dps on it. We discussed that topic to often now ;-)

This comment should be in crafting section at first page.
"

Ya, following the bow crafting guide I dropped over 35x on crafting a rare bow that got shit on by an Arborix, would not recommend. I hit T1 Multi and T3 Wed on 2 arrows and basically wasted a mm on it.

Reader beware.
"
On Your Knees wrote:
"

Ya, following the bow crafting guide I dropped over 35x on crafting a rare bow that got shit on by an Arborix, would not recommend. I hit T1 Multi and T3 Wed on 2 arrows and basically wasted a mm on it.

Reader beware.

I haven't Craft the bow myself. Haha. Still leveling my deadeye.
Going thru this thread, saw some frustrating comments on lots of currency required to craft bow. As a noob player, I recommend all to aware how Much currency is required to Craft an excellent bow. It's like gambling LOL.
I did mention crafting is usually not worth it in the notes section of the crafting section, it is now moved to the opening sentence to making this more clear.

I'm experimenting with clusters jewels yet again, got inspired by ShAd0w3d on page 199.

Currently looking at a 4 passive curse medium cluster.

Master of Fear

enemies you curse are intimidated

Wish of Death

you have culling strike against cursed enemies.

these combined should result in (1.1x1.1) 1.21, 21% more dmg.

still in the testing phase, if it works out will update POB for this.
My Ice Shot Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2660684

Standard Crafting Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2623978
Changelong:
"
25/04/2020: Updated POB to version 2.0

New POB https://pastebin.com/CQ8utjqR

Major changes:

- Created High Budget version with a lot of t1 rolls.
- Renamed league version to medium budget, levelling to low budget.
- swapped out Aztiri's Promise for crit cinderswallow
- Removed onslaught jewel
- Added curse cluster
- Removed lioneye's fall and the crit nodes.
- Reworked Leveling tree to reflect the introduction of cluster.
- Ticked "intimidate" in the config, total DPS should be increased by another 10% for culling strike.
- Ascendency rework, endless munition swapped for fast and deadly

The written portion of this guide is also updated, but its a wall of text, so I might have missed some outdated info, spelling mistakes etc. Do let me know if anything needs changing.
My Ice Shot Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2660684

Standard Crafting Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2623978
Last edited by Aquarism on Apr 25, 2020, 6:54:50 AM
"
GreyLensman wrote:

Your characters are hidden so I can't look at your PoB. But if you're following this build, most of the damage on your Barrage is cold.

You would be less likely to notice chill from Barrage because you are only using that on tough rares and bosses that likely have a much higher ailment threshold. So you might only be getting a 5% reduction for example. And anything less than 5% has no effect. Any mobs likely to get the full 30% slow from chill are being killed by barrage before you can notice. (Ice shot will do that too once you have enough damage.)

I updated my account my characters should be visible now also i had a POB .
POB : https://pastebin.com/EnLw8WkG

ABout the chill all i need is boss to be chilled , because than i can have big dmg boost from my gloves . Dont need the slow from chilled on boss/shaper/sirus its all about if barrage gives this effect and than i have big DPS boost :)

"
YoungGEEEZ wrote:
Honestly I want to love this build but it is extremely mediocre. The repetive nerf on death opus and Hyrris ire made the damage output very low and now you need a tons of investment to have a decent build. And you will get one shoted.

If you're looking for a bow build, go, you will still enjoy it, if you want to to clear stuff quick, then check for any archmage build as they will do the job faster with a lot more survivability.

only using this build to clear burials and sewers, wouldnt dream of doing anything else with it even with all ive invested.

got bored of mana wizard after getting it lv 100, still use it as a bosser though.

This build feels extremtly good to clear juiced burials, and sewers, max sextants 4 scarabs with HOI shatters and so many chains. (woke chain is on other char atm)
Last edited by Shawntastic69 on Apr 25, 2020, 7:48:12 AM
"
Aquarism wrote:
Changelong:
"
25/04/2020: Updated POB to version 2.0

New POB https://pastebin.com/CQ8utjqR

Major changes:

- Created High Budget version with a lot of t1 rolls.
- Renamed league version to medium budget, levelling to low budget.
- swapped out Aztiri's Promise for crit cinderswallow
- Removed onslaught jewel
- Added curse cluster
- Removed lioneye's fall and the crit nodes.
- Reworked Leveling tree to reflect the introduction of cluster.
- Ticked "intimidate" in the config, total DPS should be increased by another 10% for culling strike.
- Ascendency rework, endless munition swapped for fast and deadly

The written portion of this guide is also updated, but its a wall of text, so I might have missed some outdated info, spelling mistakes etc. Do let me know if anything needs changing.

Does Feed the Fury and Fuel the Fight add enough leech? or was the 1.2 and .8 already more than enough?
@ Mekrat,

I just looked at your gear. Your bow. Holy crap. I can't find one on the market with that much damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info