[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

I finally got my atlas to A8 and killed Sirus (nearly) deathless, vid is uploading now. Pretty psyched :D
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
LordDuckiie wrote:

Nope no mana issues. Have enough mana in to sustain it, also running a praxis.

I can use flicker with 3 charges up and full mana, but suddenly it just stops on mobs even tho everything is up/full

Dunno man, maybe lag? Flicker is pretty simple, you need charges and mana to cast it. Watch your charge count as you're flickering. And I'd suggest using that Ancestral Call gem on Flicker. Tbh, I use Frost Blades til around 45 at least

You have a higher chance at frenzy regen at 45 :)?
Yeah I tried FB, but I had a FB build 2 weeks ago, so I'm kinda done with it hehe.

BTW. Do you think Champ is better overall and do you have a PoB for Champ since i recon you go another route for impale nodes and stuff like that?.
Last edited by LordDuckiie on Apr 10, 2020, 8:00:00 PM
"
LordDuckiie wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
LordDuckiie wrote:

Nope no mana issues. Have enough mana in to sustain it, also running a praxis.

I can use flicker with 3 charges up and full mana, but suddenly it just stops on mobs even tho everything is up/full

Dunno man, maybe lag? Flicker is pretty simple, you need charges and mana to cast it. Watch your charge count as you're flickering. And I'd suggest using that Ancestral Call gem on Flicker. Tbh, I use Frost Blades til around 45 at least

You have a higher chance at frenzy regen at 45 :)?
Yeah I tried FB, but I had a FB build 2 weeks ago, so I'm kinda done with it hehe.

BTW. Do you think Champ is better overall and do you have a PoB for Champ since i recon you go another route for impale nodes and stuff like that?.

No, of course I like Assassin best. Champ is a close contender though. Slowest out of the group though, and impale stacking still isn't preferable. What I like about assassin is that it has few contingent dps mods. Champ does have 100% intimidate, but has to stack impales instead. And I still really like Mistwalker. But here is a PoB I put together just now with my current character changed to champ. It's nearly a million dps higher (with all charges) and about 150 higher life. Pretty decent, and you could still mess with new cluster jewels to push it further. I'll let you test from there.

https://pastebin.com/dAjhMysK
Hi, I like this build, playing it right now after having some fun with a VD necromancer.

I can't see any recommendations about cluster jewels however ?
"
Hi, I like this build, playing it right now after having some fun with a VD necromancer.

I can't see any recommendations about cluster jewels however ?

Nope, I've spent many hours actually trying to find some combo of jewels that were worth it, but I always ended up with life and/or damage lost. Just not worth it for Assassin. Berserker requires the warcry jewels though, so at least the medium jewel is needed, but you could do large-mediums-smalls with him, or just medium.
hi, anyone tried this on console? how was it? any lag or difficulty issues? thanks!
How can "Allocates Tribal fury" on amulet + Melee physical damage support be better than Ancestral call? I tried it out and kinda feels worse.
And thinking about the concept - with Ancestral call I can hit 3 enemies. That means I deal 3x the damage with each hit. With Tribal fury I hit 2 enemies which it 2x the damage and Melee physical damage support only gives around 50% damage increase. That would total 2.5x the damage. On top of that with the Ancestral call I get the Ambidexterity buff. I also checked the DPS Path of building and the damage with Tribal Fury went up from 378k to 507k (not including Ancestral Warchief). 378*3=1134 > 507*3=1014
AND to top it all even more, less targets hit = less chance to gain Frenzy charges.
What am I missing here?
In your build you have 75% cold resistance + the flask, is it worth to have with the flask? And also you have no chaos resitance, shouldn't you have some?
"
zeso_ wrote:
In your build you have 75% cold resistance + the flask, is it worth to have with the flask? And also you have no chaos resitance, shouldn't you have some?

Taste of Hate isn't there for the cold res. The extra damage as cold is a big dps boost, and the damage taken as cold means it's incoming damage is mitigated by our cold res. It's a good flask for both offense and defense. And no, stacking chaos damage isn't something you need to focus on, but it's nice to have when you can get it, such as with a dual res craft.
"
9v1d0 wrote:
How can "Allocates Tribal fury" on amulet + Melee physical damage support be better than Ancestral call? I tried it out and kinda feels worse.
And thinking about the concept - with Ancestral call I can hit 3 enemies. That means I deal 3x the damage with each hit. With Tribal fury I hit 2 enemies which it 2x the damage and Melee physical damage support only gives around 50% damage increase. That would total 2.5x the damage. On top of that with the Ancestral call I get the Ambidexterity buff. I also checked the DPS Path of building and the damage with Tribal Fury went up from 378k to 507k (not including Ancestral Warchief). 378*3=1134 > 507*3=1014
AND to top it all even more, less targets hit = less chance to gain Frenzy charges.
What am I missing here?

First, your math is only applicable when you have 3 total enemies to hit. Melee phys is 49% more damage, not increased, so it's 3 times damage (1.5x per target), not 2.5. It's better damage for groups and doesn't decrease when it can only hit 2 targets. I have tested this thoroughly and I liked Tribal Fury much more for mapping.

You do get 3 times the Melee Splash hits though, which is significant in extreme density like Simulacrum. I actually tested it, using both Tribal Fury and Ancestral Call, to see if I could take down the packs easier in the higher waves. Nope, it felt super gimped not using Melee Physical Damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info