[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

All right. That makes sense. Thank yo for clarifying.
Probably stupid question, but how to run 4 auras? I cannot even activate 4 with my mana pool(603). Thanks!
"
Maxga wrote:
Probably stupid question, but how to run 4 auras? I cannot even activate 4 with my mana pool(603). Thanks!

Your Precision aura is level 14, which increases the Mana Reserved. It should be level 1 so you can fit it with the other auras that hard-reserve a percentage of your mana.
Oh thank you, fail on my side. I bought a lvl 1 gem, and then socketed the higher one by accident.
Got myself a Saviour and did a bunch of guardian and shaper maps. Uploading a Hydra showcase video. All I have yet to try now is a Headhunter. Anyone... wanna let me borrow their HH? XD
I have a paradoxica, and 40% double strike damage on my helmet, should i search for another rare sword instead of the paradoxica ?
"
Magicmax1222 wrote:
I have a paradoxica, and 40% double strike damage on my helmet, should i search for another rare sword instead of the paradoxica ?

What makes you think that? Do you mean to say you have the 15% double damage to bleeding enemies enchant? If so, you're best off selling the helm for a few ex and getting an attack speed enchant like mine, as using Paradoxica makes the double damage enchant much less effective.
Hi!

First of all, thank you very much for the build, as soon as I got to level 60 and started flickering, it's been a blast!

I've recently upgraded my gear (playing on a budget) and found that the upgrade did not quite live up to my expectations. I'm new to the game, it's my first character and I'm still learning so I'm a bit lost when it comes down to figuring out what has a higher priority stat-wise to net the best result.

I breeze through T16 maps with a scarab + a couple sacrifices. Got to wave 19 in Simulacrum, but some bosses just mop the floor with my assassin.

From recent examples:

Phoenix: used up all portals until I could finally defeat him. Avoiding attacks was not an issue, but I eventually ran out of flasks and then the death was imminent. It seemed like all of a sudden I did too little damage.

Hydra: same story. Killing too slow and dying from all those projectiles flying through the map, only barely managed to beat he on last try.

4 Watchstones Baran: Couldn't even get him down to 70% HP, although just before that killed 4 watchstones Veritania with no issues and fairly quickly.

I can't quite figure out what gives. Sometimes I obliterate the boss and other times it feels like I'm just tickling.

On top of that, despite rocking over 6k HP, I feel like I'm dying a lot. Once the flasks are gone (and they go fast, bosses being the problem here - no way to charge them), the life regen doesn't keep up. Or I'm just being bad at the game :)

Here's my PoB: https://pastebin.com/jpZdTZqB

Next planned upgrade is the OH sword, once I've saved up a couple of exalts.

I'd appreciate it if somebody could take a quick look at the character and maybe make some comments/suggestions on what I should work on.

Should I be able to take on 4 Watchstone Elderslayers and Shaper map bosses like this? Or is it okay that I get my ass handed to me and it's just a matter of taking things slow, farming T16 maps and eventually getting better gear?
Spoiler
"
Hi!

First of all, thank you very much for the build, as soon as I got to level 60 and started flickering, it's been a blast!

I've recently upgraded my gear (playing on a budget) and found that the upgrade did not quite live up to my expectations. I'm new to the game, it's my first character and I'm still learning so I'm a bit lost when it comes down to figuring out what has a higher priority stat-wise to net the best result.

I breeze through T16 maps with a scarab + a couple sacrifices. Got to wave 19 in Simulacrum, but some bosses just mop the floor with my assassin.

From recent examples:

Phoenix: used up all portals until I could finally defeat him. Avoiding attacks was not an issue, but I eventually ran out of flasks and then the death was imminent. It seemed like all of a sudden I did too little damage.

Hydra: same story. Killing too slow and dying from all those projectiles flying through the map, only barely managed to beat he on last try.

4 Watchstones Baran: Couldn't even get him down to 70% HP, although just before that killed 4 watchstones Veritania with no issues and fairly quickly.

I can't quite figure out what gives. Sometimes I obliterate the boss and other times it feels like I'm just tickling.

On top of that, despite rocking over 6k HP, I feel like I'm dying a lot. Once the flasks are gone (and they go fast, bosses being the problem here - no way to charge them), the life regen doesn't keep up. Or I'm just being bad at the game :)

Here's my PoB: https://pastebin.com/jpZdTZqB

Next planned upgrade is the OH sword, once I've saved up a couple of exalts.

I'd appreciate it if somebody could take a quick look at the character and maybe make some comments/suggestions on what I should work on.

Should I be able to take on 4 Watchstone Elderslayers and Shaper map bosses like this? Or is it okay that I get my ass handed to me and it's just a matter of taking things slow, farming T16 maps and eventually getting better gear?

You're doing great for being new to the game. The game is supposed to be hard, and you're doing end game content. The guardians especially take practice. And this build is one that requires you to have fast reflexes to dodge mechanics, so it takes more skill than a tanky cyclone build that just plows through.

Okay, so all of your gear can stand to be upgraded.

Try not to ever get resists or accuracy on swords, or you have to replace multiple pieces to upgrade them. Neither sword has multiplier. Get a better Belly, 39 or 40%. gloves are decent, but need higher phys damage. But, since the have mana leech, you can take the mana leech off the tree and put that point elsewhere, like more life. Amulet needs more phys but is decent. Your offhand ring needs physical damage, but it's decent. Your belt has armor and evasion added onto it for some reason, take that off in favor of increased damage of some kind. Replace that granite flask with Lions' Roar. One of your jewels is missing life %. On the tree, you skipped Sleight of Hand at shadow start and took Aspect of the Panther and Weapon artistry, which should be taken dead last, like 96. Also, upgrading your double strike to 21/23 will be helpful for single target as well. Adding quality to your gems in general will be very helpful. I rarely sell any quality gems, I save them all to vendor for GCPs. If you sell multiple quality gems to a vendor, for every total of 40% between the gems, you'll get a GCP. That is how I get all my gems to 20% every league. Just keep upgrading and practicing. Next league you will know more and achieve your goals faster.
Last edited by roguemjb on Apr 14, 2020, 8:08:06 PM
Spoiler
You're doing great for being new to the game. The game is supposed to be hard, and you're doing end game content. The guardians especially take practice. And this build is one that requires you to have fast reflexes to dodge mechanics, so it takes more skill than a tanky cyclone build that just plows through.

Okay, so all of your gear can stand to be upgraded.

Try not to ever get resists or accuracy on swords, or you have to replace multiple pieces to upgrade them. Neither sword has multiplier. Get a better Belly, 39 or 40%. gloves are decent, but need higher phys damage. But, since the have mana leech, you can take the mana leech off the tree and put that point elsewhere, like more life. Amulet needs more phys but is decent. Your offhand ring needs physical damage, but it's decent. Your belt has armor and evasion added onto it for some reason, take that off in favor of increased damage of some kind. Replace that granite flask with Lions' Roar. One of your jewels is missing life %. On the tree, you skipped Sleight of Hand at shadow start and took Aspect of the Panther and Weapon artistry, which should be taken dead last, like 96. Also, upgrading your double strike to 21/23 will be helpful for single target as well. Adding quality to your gems in general will be very helpful. I rarely sell any quality gems, I save them all to vendor for GCPs. If you sell multiple quality gems to a vendor, for every total of 40% between the gems, you'll get a GCP. That is how I get all my gems to 20% every league. Just keep upgrading and practicing. Next league you will know more and achieve your goals faster.

I've went over the skill tree dozens of times and did not notice that slip, thank you for pointing that out!

I've been looking mostly at pDPS and attack speed when choosing swords. The MH was bought for 2ex as the one giving the biggest DPS boost in 1-3ex price range (checked in PoB). I assumed implicit crit multi would suffice. The accuracy being there is just a coincidence. As for the other one, yeah, resists were a big mistake. I take it the extra crit multiplier stat on the sword beyond the implicit modifier is pretty much a requirement, right?

I'm working on upgrading the gems, currently leveling a 14% Vaal DS I dropped somewhere. Getting a 21/23 would require me to buy a simple DS, then make it to +20% and then corrupt with Vaal Orb hoping for the best?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info