3.14 KING OF ALL SUMMONERS. Zombies & Skeletons & Spectres on STEROIDS! | League-Start to End-Game

@ Azrael Djerun

First i would focus on ur gems, get them to 20% quality, Also you really need a 6 link and use: Raise zombie, Empower (lvl 4) multistrike, melee physical damage, brutality and lastly either Minion damage or impale (impale if ur zombied need more life). Once you got that fixed i would recommend getting a better weapon, i posted my old 2 hander on the previous page, try getting something like that (without the 10% str implicit are alot cheaper) After that i would try getting more Cluster jewels (cheap option is Renewal, Vicious bite and Rotten claws) and the more expensive option is the clusters im using. Other then that try get T1 str rings with good life/es and res and i would use different flasks. You have a long way to go but we all started somewhere and with time and commitment you can reach insane goals!
Last edited by Cyrom on Mar 23, 2022, 6:11:45 PM
@Cyrom

Thank you very much for your tips.
PoE is sometimes a bit daunting for newcomers, with all its possibilities.
On the other hand this is what makes this game so unique and special.
Really falling in love with it all over again right now.

That said, I am really very thankful. Now I have something to work for, which is not way beyond my capabilities :-)
What are you guys using in the Pantheon?
They all seem quite underwhelming.
Almost finished min/maxing my zomby build. Currently sitting at 3.6k strength, 35k es + 5k life, capped all res and 25 zombies! Just need to finish my jewels with right corruptions to be bleed and poison immune, beside elemental ailments immunity from purity of elements.

Last edited by Akisailent on Apr 10, 2022, 10:11:22 AM
I saw this post and while it's two years old, it sounded fun so I thought I'd give it a whirl on Standard. It's amazing fun! (for me, your mileage may vary).

Has this been re-addressed later than March 2020 for any updated recommendations, equipment, etc? I'd LOVE to continue with this build, but so far I've gotten to T16 maps in which it's very tenuous, and that's likely because following the same process you only have 3 Spectres nowadays and about 10 skeletons.

I had hoped, with some input from the original author who might find it enjoyable to revisit this build for an update, I'd be able to push past T16 and into the uber-arena. Right now there's no plausibility to take down an Elder, shaper, etc.

Thanks if you're still out there and willing to update. I'll be playing this build for awhile (months, I still like it); it'd be fun to see if - while not OP any longer - it could still be sufficiently powerful for constant enjoyment.

Thanks & Happy Gaming!
For anyone who needs it, here's my plan (as a casual player whose primary motivation is the league rewards) for the 3.18 Sentinel League based on what I used for 3.17 and 3.16 and pretty much since 3.9.

The following is based on the page 1 Tanky/Geofri armour build by the original author.

Now before you start blindly allocating passive skill tree points, take note of the differences at each stage. If you want to simplify your life, just skip to the level 92 tree to minimize making changes to the tree using Orbs of Regret. Note also, that I only use Minion Instability for PVP, and you should allocate the skill point to something else for PVE. Also, do the Labyrinths and Pantheon (see page 1) as soon as able to get an added boost.

At level 28 (no ascendancy allocated yet)
Spoiler

I used this build primarily for PVP and limited my selection to uniques, and it can easily farm Izaro in the Labyrinth. You can use any junk gear while leveling, it is the number of sockets, socket links, and socket color that matters in the junk gear at this stage.

Level 28 Gear and Gem links
Spoiler

*Queens Decree weapon: Raise Zombie, Melee Physical Damage, Ruthless Support, Maim Support, Minion Damage, Faster Attacks Support
*Mark of the Red Covenant helm: Raise Spectre, Minion Life, Minion Damage, Minion Speed
*Viper Scales or Tabula Rasa armour: Summon Skeletons, Summon Raging Spirit, Melee Physical Damage, Ruthless Support, Minion Damage, Faster Attacks Support
*Asenath's Gentle Touch gloves: Animate Guardian, Minion Life, Minion Damage, Withering Step
*Nomic's Storm boots: Discipline, Purity of Elements, Desecrate, Flesh Offering
*Astramentis amulet with Death Attunement anoint
*Le Heup of All rings
*Bated Breath belt
*Flasks

At level 40 (Necromancer)
Spoiler

I also used this build primarily for PVP and limited my selection to uniques. Note that I used the very-large-ring Thread of Hope jewel instead of the medium-ring. I wanted my minions to have more life and as much movement speed for PVP at this stage. They are blindingly fast, but the Thread of Hope jewel is expensive during the league start, and you should skip the jewel until later stages. Again, you can use any junk gear while leveling, it is the number of sockets, socket links, and socket color that matters in the junk gear at this stage.

Level 40 Gear and Gem links
Spoiler

*Queens Escape weapon: Raise Zombie, Melee Physical Damage, Brutality Support, Ruthless Support, Impale Support, Minions Speed or Alternatives: Feeding Frenzy, Multistrike Support, Minion Life, Minion Damage
*Mark of the Red Covenant or Wraithlord helm: Raise Spectre, Minion Life, Minion Speed, Meat Shield or Alternatives: Minion Damage, etc
*Bloodbond armour: Summon Skeletons, Minion Speed, Feeding Frenzy, Brutality Support, Ruthless Support, Impale Support. Alternative: Summon Raging Spirit instead of Skeletons
*Aukuna's Will gloves: Animate Guardian, Minion Life, Summon Carrion Golem, Discipline
*Seven-League Step or Ralakesh's Impatience boots: Dread Banner, Maim Support, Flesh and Stone (blood stance), Withering Step
*Astramentis amulet with Death Attunement anoint
*Le Heup of All rings
*The Magnate belt
*Flasks

*Other Gems to swap with: Summon Stone Golem, Desecrate, Flesh Offering, Spirit Offering, Purity of Elements, Flame Dash, Generosity Support.

At level 64 to 68ish...
Spoiler
You should have reached Karui Shores/Epilogue/Act 10+ (if you ran past most mobs and headed straight for the quests/waypoints) with pretty much all the recommended Tanky body gear (Femurs, Geofri, Baron, Shaper's Touch, Alberon's boots) found on page 1. You should also have been able to achieve 11-12 out of 40 league challenges (if the challenges are simple like in 3.17). See the gear and gem links below.

At level 72-73 (Necromancer, weapon: Femurs, all the entry level gear)
Spoiler

By level 72-73, you should be able to have at least 1 million total DPS, three of the labs done, and have your basic Tanky-Geofri-Baron entry level gear (refer to page 1), complete with the required 1000 minimum strength (Baron helm requirement). The most expensive gear would likely be the 5-link Femurs staff and Astramentis amulet with at least +110 total attributes at 15C each. Most items early in the league should cost between 1C to 5C. You can have this bare-minimum setup in 24 hours of total playtime without even getting your first EX drop. Use the Chaos Orb vendor recipe if necessary. Missing is the Thread of Hope jewel which would cost upwards of 60C. At this level, I normally have 5800 to 6400 eHP.

*Femurs weapon (5-link with 6th socket): Raise Zombie, Brutality Support, Melee Physical Damage, Impale Support. 6th Socket: Carrion Golem or Stone Golem.
*The Baron helm: Raise Spectre, Animate Guardian, Minion Life, Lifetap Support. Must have at least 1000 strength.
*Geofri's armour (5-link with 6th socket): Summon Skeletons, Melee Physical Damage, Minion Damage, Feeding Frenzy, Impale Support. 6th Socket: Molten Shell or Steelskin.
*Shaper's Touch gloves: Dread banner, Purity of Elements, Flesh and Stone (blood stance)+Maim Support.
*Alberon's boots: Flesh Offering (or Spirit Offering), Desecrate,
Discipline, Withering Step.
*Amulet: Astramentis or rare with elemental resistance and lots of strength attributes
*Rings: strength and elemental resistance (about 1C)
*Belt: rare with lots of strength, chaos resistance, elemental resistance
*Flasks
*Jewels: Efficient Training, 2x Brawn, and a rare that minions can taunt and or leech life.
*Zombies: 10
*Skeletons: 9-10
*Spectres: Carnage Chieftain, Host Chieftain, They of Tul (my preference)
*Animated Guardian: I prefer to start giving the AG proper gear (refer to page 1) once the AG gem is at level 20.
*Auras: Discipline or Purity of Elements, Dread Banner, Flesh and Stone (blood stance) linked to Maim Support.
*Flame Dash (in inventory)

At level 90 (Necromancer, weapon: Femurs), same tree used in 3.17 and 3.16.
Spoiler

This level 90 build allowed me to finish 24 out of 40 league challenges in 4 days of total playtime in 3.17. I didn't want to bother going to 36 out of 40 league challenges in 3.17 as the grind usually burns me out, especially if I don't really want the league reward. Accomplishing 36/37 out of 40 challenges can take me 17 to 25 days of playtime (lots of grinding) and reach a level 94-95 necromancer.

Level 90 Gear and Gem links
Spoiler

This is still the entry-level Tanky-Geofri-Baron build (refer to page 1). However, you should already have a 6-link Femurs staff at minimum, and many of your gems have quality, prioritizing your minion gems. You should probably have swapped out the regular gems for the their vaal version. Your strength rings, amulet, belt should also have some kind of elemental resistance and chaos resistance.

*Femurs weapon: Raise Zombie, Minion Speed, Brutality Support, Multistrike, Empower 3 or 4, Impale Support. Alternatives: Melee Physical Damage, Minion Damage, Feeding Frenzy, Minion Life
*The Baron helm: Raise Spectre, Animate Guardian, Minion Life, Lifetap Support. Must have at least 1000 strength.

*Geofri's armour
*Shaper's Touch gloves
*Alberon's boots
I normally swap the following gems among the 3 gears.

Flesh Offering, Desecrate
Discipline
Summon Stone Golem
Summon Carrion Golem
Withering Step
Dread Banner with Generosity Support
Flesh and Stone (blood stance) with Maim Support
v.Molten Shell or Steelskin
v.Summon Skeletons, Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike, Minion Damage, Feeding Frenzy
Flame Dash

*Amulet anointed with Death Attunement: Astramentis or rare with elemental resistance and lots of strength attributes
*Rings: preferably with sockets, strength, chaos resistance, elemental resistance
*Belt: rare with lots of strength, chaos resistance, elemental resistance
*Flasks

At level 90++ (Necromancer, weapon: Minion bow), same tree used in 3.17 and 3.16.
Spoiler

This build at level 92 can do at most 6 million DPS total (makes you feel bad when some builds can do 80+ million DPS). You can achieve more DPS by investing more EX into your build. However, I usually only use an empower support level 3 gem, no enlighten support gem and no awakened gems due to cost considerations. The most expensive item in this build is the minion bow, which could cost you upwards of 7EX in the league, but if you compare the DPS with the level 90 Femurs build, you can see a huge difference. At this stage, I normally have at least 8000 eHP.

Level 90++ Gear and Gem links
Spoiler

Pretty much the same as the level 90 gear and gem links, except the weapon is a minion bow, preferably with a +1 socket level implicit.

*Minion bow weapon, this seems to give higher POB numbers: Raise Zombie+Brutality Support+Multistrike Support+Minion Damage Support+Impale Support+Empower Support (level 3 or better).

NOTE: The jewels in the tree are Fortress Covenant, Efficient Training, Thread of Hope (I used medium instead of very-large ring), 1x Brawn, and a rare that minions can taunt and or leech life. All gems are at least 20% quality, prioritizing minion skills and damage inflicting gems. Once again, did not use any enlighten support gems due to cost. Also did not use empower support level 4 due to cost, and no awakened gems due to cost. Auras that I normally run/swap: Discipline, Flesh and Stone (blood stance), Dread Banner, Purity of Elements (if needing more elemental resistance) OR Aspect of Avian, Haste (if running speed setup), Pride. Spectres: Carnage Chieftain, Host Chieftain, for 3rd I prefer They of Tul, for 4th I prefer Merveil's Retainer. Animated Guardian gear - see page 1.

Good luck, see you in 3.18.
Last edited by 10011001 on May 22, 2022, 1:49:29 PM
Can anybody help me with my build?

https://pastebin.com/9Eq2ecXA

I seem to be lacking in damage, I also sometimes get killed by some bosses like some delirium bosses or huge blight encounters. I also ended up rerolling maps with decreases to non-curse aura effects because I just get stomped out of nowhere suddenly in those maps.

With that said, I just don't know what else to change on my build, changing something makes me lose strength.
"

I seem to be lacking in damage, I also sometimes get killed by some bosses like some delirium bosses or huge blight encounters. I also ended up rerolling maps with decreases to non-curse aura effects because I just get stomped out of nowhere suddenly in those maps.

With that said, I just don't know what else to change on my build, changing something makes me lose strength.

Looks really solid to me.
The only thing that seems a bit off, compared to other high end builds I have seen, are your boots, belt and especially the rings.
They don't match the high quality of your other gear.

Your damage should be sufficient for any content I think. (25 Million DPS
I would kill for such numbers :-D
"
Azrael Djerun wrote:
"

Looks really solid to me.
The only thing that seems a bit off, compared to other high end builds I have seen, are your boots, belt and especially the rings.
They don't match the high quality of your other gear.

Your damage should be sufficient for any content I think. (25 Million DPS
I would kill for such numbers :-D

Wait, 25m dps?? The pob only shows a combined dps of 600k for the minions.(I don't know the techincalities of POB, I basically just use it to view peoples builds and check the skill trees)Is there a settings in POB to change that? What am I missing? (Noob alert)

I agree with the boots, belts and rings. I've been meaning to change them, I just don't know what or how to change them because for now they're giving me some good strength, I tried changing my boots and belt but ended up losing a bit of strength or losing some defense. Or when I did find an upgrade, it was a small upgrade. I just don't know what upgrade I can replace them with to make it tankier. Because I'm a bit concerned that I can get killed so suddenly sometimes. But the rings though, yeah I could definitely change them to a different base, but I'll be losing out on an aura, specifically, I placed clarity and flame dash on those unset rings. You think I should just change those rings and not bother with clarity and flame dash?
"
Wait, 25m dps?? The pob only shows a combined dps of 600k for the minions.(I don't know the techincalities of POB, I basically just use it to view peoples builds and check the skill trees)Is there a settings in POB to change that? What am I missing? (Noob alert)

I agree with the boots, belts and rings. I've been meaning to change them, I just don't know what or how to change them because for now they're giving me some good strength, I tried changing my boots and belt but ended up losing a bit of strength or losing some defense. Or when I did find an upgrade, it was a small upgrade. I just don't know what upgrade I can replace them with to make it tankier. Because I'm a bit concerned that I can get killed so suddenly sometimes. But the rings though, yeah I could definitely change them to a different base, but I'll be losing out on an aura, specifically, I placed clarity and flame dash on those unset rings. You think I should just change those rings and not bother with clarity and flame dash?

You forgot to activate Power Charges, Frenzy Charges and Feedinz Frenzy under "Configuration".
That boosted your numbers to around 1.5m DPS if I remember correctly.
But this is just the damage of ONE zombie ;-)
1.5m times 17 equals around 25m.

You can also let POB calculate your Full DPS by clicking the box at the top in "Skills". It's called "Include in Full DPS".

Hope this helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info