3.14 KING OF ALL SUMMONERS. Zombies & Skeletons & Spectres on STEROIDS! | League-Start to End-Game

Wanted to try the speed build after watching couples of OP's videos, but i think i'm doing something wrong, can't run the 8 auras at the same time and my overall DPS seems pretty low. If someone could please have a look and tell me the directions maybe to take to run the auras all at once and upping my dps. Thank you!

PoB: https://pastebin.com/DsmgZ4BD

"
amkronos wrote:
"
MaYzE69 wrote:

I am still trying to figure out how people are getting 1 mil per zombie. Maybe Im reading my POB wrong, but Im hitting a wall around 27k DPS (average damage). I cant seem to bump it and dont know what Im missing. I dont think it's the build guide as many folks havent had issues with it working so I think Im just missing something critical.

Still a fun build, but I really want to try and take on some of the end game bosses. Hard for me to compare against any other builds though since Im a casual off an on player. Maybe this one is overly dated now and I need to find something similar.

I've been following this build, and here's where I am at currently. It's taken some investment, and I still only have an 80% damage Elegant Hubris. Plenty of room to grow, and around 560k+ DPS with zombies. If I switch to specs, I'll get up to 1.4m, but requires switching to Aegis. Either way check out the PoB see if you find what you're missing.

I use 3 specs with the zombies. 2 Stygian Silverbacks, and 1 Host Chieftain linked with blood magic to spam power and frenzy. Guardian has a kingmaker/leer cast as well. Just those changes alone is like 200k dps. Putting this build together is like a jigsaw puzzle, miss one piece and it's crap.

https://pastebin.com/ytFq9Sde

You rock. How critical is it to have the animated guardian and the correct specters? I removed my guardian and have been working strictly with the Zoms and specs.

I also was using Lethal Pride in place of Hubris. It was the only way I could seem to break 1k Str.

Thanks for sharing. Ill take a look at what your POB is and see what I can adjust. Mine is below just in case you wanted to see the mess that it is.

POB: https://pastebin.com/eta9vZd2
"
MaYzE69 wrote:

You rock. How critical is it to have the animated guardian and the correct specters? I removed my guardian and have been working strictly with the Zoms and specs.

I also was using Lethal Pride in place of Hubris. It was the only way I could seem to break 1k Str.

Thanks for sharing. Ill take a look at what your POB is and see what I can adjust. Mine is below just in case you wanted to see the mess that it is.

POB: https://pastebin.com/eta9vZd2

I upgraded to the speed version last night, and here's what that PoB looks:

https://pastebin.com/xqQb0MEX

875K dps per zom

In order to get all the aura's going you'll need a level 4 Enlighten, and an Aul's Uprising that removes mana cost for Pride.

For you zombie build, I'd drop Minion Speed for Ruthless or Brutality. I found with stacking Ghastly Eye Jewel's with the "Minions have X% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you or your minions have killed Recently" to be as effective as Minion Speed (2 or 3 of them), get some that also buff minion damage if you've killed.

A guardian with Kingmaker, Leer Cast, and Victario's Flight adds +50% to critical strike damage, culling strike, fortify, 15% increased damage, and +10% movement speed to every minion, and you.

If you spread some +str items across your jewelry, belt and gloves you should be able to get over 1000 str without using Lethal Pride, and then add in an Elegant Hubris. Even an 80% inc damage one is worth it while you divine/shop for a better one.

Last edited by amkronos on Aug 6, 2020, 11:31:42 AM
"
amkronos wrote:

I upgraded to the speed version last night, and here's what that PoB looks:

https://pastebin.com/xqQb0MEX

875K dps per zom

In order to get all the aura's going you'll need a level 4 Enlighten, and an Aul's Uprising that removes mana cost for Pride.

For you zombie build, I'd drop Minion Speed for Ruthless or Brutality. I found with stacking Ghastly Eye Jewel's with the "Minions have X% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you or your minions have killed Recently" to be as effective as Minion Speed (2 or 3 of them), get some that also buff minion damage if you've killed.

A guardian with Kingmaker, Leer Cast, and Victario's Flight adds +50% to critical strike damage, culling strike, fortify, 15% increased damage, and +10% movement speed to every minion, and you.

If you spread some +str items across your jewelry, belt and gloves you should be able to get over 1000 str without using Lethal Pride, and then add in an Elegant Hubris. Even an 80% inc damage one is worth it while you divine/shop for a better one.

Thanks for the tips. I did some tweaking. My guys are hitting harder now, but I sacrificed my strength and cant seem to find gear to make it over 1k (at 950 now). I also no longer cap my resistances, but use a potion to help that out. Gonna need some more tuning I think but I'm getting real poor. Animated guardian is out of the question as the axe alone is selling for over 1ex. Id hate to drop that and have it die. Pretty sure Ive spent like 20ex on this build so far and am no where near where it needs to be. Next time I find a budget build that is newbie friendly. :P

Even with my bastardized version I can still clear T16 maps and im still having fun. Just not as efficient as the veterans putting this one together.

Edit: Eradicator one shots me now. Gonna need to beef up the res again.
Last edited by MaYzE69 on Aug 6, 2020, 10:48:38 PM
N/A
Last edited by thefloydian on Aug 6, 2020, 11:00:16 PM
"
thefloydian wrote:
Hi, I'm looking at the POBs int he main thread, and I can't tell what the Thread of Hope is supposed to be doing. Which nodes is it helping to allocate in this build?

You want a thread of hope version that uses the Medium ring. Then place it up in the socket north of the witch starter, above Lord of the Dead.

Then once placed you can allocate any passive that falls within the medium ring without having to path there to get it. SO you can pick Ravenous Horde, and Cruel Preparation without pathing there through the tree.

Hi guys! Great guide.

I tried searching the thread but didn't really find an answer so I'm gonna ask anyway, sorry if it has been answered before:

How do I get enough mana/reduce mana reserve for aspect of avian? I'm running things just like the guide says:

- Dread Banner (+Generosity support)
-->in Gloves

- Flesh and Stone (+Maim)
- Purity of Elements
- Discipline (Vaal)
--> In Armor linked with a +4 enlighten gem

- Aspect of Avian (Weapon)

(also have passive Sovereignty)

Any ideas what I could further do? I'm using Blood Magic support with my Dread Banner in the meantime, which is not ideal :D

[e] I guess the answer is Saqawal's Nest unique armor? Just got one and now it all works out! Hope my survivability didn't suffer too much.
Last edited by clouds5 on Aug 8, 2020, 1:56:45 PM
[/quote]
"
clouds5 wrote:
Hi guys! Great guide.

I tried searching the thread but didn't really find an answer so I'm gonna ask anyway, sorry if it has been answered before:

How do I get enough mana/reduce mana reserve for aspect of avian? I'm running things just like the guide says:

- Dread Banner (+Generosity support)
-->in Gloves

- Flesh and Stone (+Maim)
- Purity of Elements
- Discipline (Vaal)
--> In Armor linked with a +4 enlighten gem

- Aspect of Avian (Weapon)

(also have passive Sovereignty)

Any ideas what I could further do? I'm using Blood Magic support with my Dread Banner in the meantime, which is not ideal :D

[e] I guess the answer is Saqawal's Nest unique armor? Just got one and now it all works out! Hope my survivability didn't suffer too much.

Well, unfortunately your survivability will take a hit. My minions are crushing it, but I get one shotted by Bosses on the regular since I made the swap. Unfortunately this is an outdated guide and the update that was done for Harvest League wasn't even in Harvest, looks like it was standard league with legacy gear - pre nerf. Long story short, I have wasted this entire league trying to make it work and having no luck. I have asked questions repeatedly for no answers, subscribed to the authors thread to ask questions, again no answers. What to do, this is 2 months of my life I will never get back, lol. Looks like Kays Spectres is the way to go for minion build, and she actually updates her thread on the regular. This build was probably awesome last league - its a waste of time for this one. I just cant see how it will work anymore - the 15 Zombies he is boasting in his "update" is NOT possible after the nerfed the Baron helm. I could go on for days, but I will leave it at that. Good Luck, maybe you will have better luck with the "balanced setup" i sure didnt - I miss my Geofri's... sigh, love the minion damage tho. Again, the Minions/Spectres/AG - have never died....its me that gets 1 shotted. :)
PoE Planner is down!! Can u upload skill build to pastebin?
"
LordDen120971 wrote:

Well, unfortunately your survivability will take a hit. My minions are crushing it, but I get one shotted by Bosses on the regular since I made the swap. Unfortunately this is an outdated guide and the update that was done for Harvest League wasn't even in Harvest, looks like it was standard league with legacy gear - pre nerf. Long story short, I have wasted this entire league trying to make it work and having no luck. I have asked questions repeatedly for no answers, subscribed to the authors thread to ask questions, again no answers. What to do, this is 2 months of my life I will never get back, lol. Looks like Kays Spectres is the way to go for minion build, and she actually updates her thread on the regular. This build was probably awesome last league - its a waste of time for this one. I just cant see how it will work anymore - the 15 Zombies he is boasting in his "update" is NOT possible after the nerfed the Baron helm. I could go on for days, but I will leave it at that. Good Luck, maybe you will have better luck with the "balanced setup" i sure didnt - I miss my Geofri's... sigh, love the minion damage tho. Again, the Minions/Spectres/AG - have never died....its me that gets 1 shotted. :)

Hm I guess it's not so bad for me so far :) I just killed Elder and Sirus on Awakening 7 and only died once because I Leap-Slam lagged through his Die-Beam. DPS was great.

My thoughts on it:
- By going from Goefri's to Saqawal's I lost about 1000 ES. On the other hand it's great to not be annoyed by chaos dmg anymore and you get extra dmg from Avian. It's a Tradeoff. You could take Zealot's Oath in the Passive Tree if that's what you liked about Geofris, or just use BloodMagic on Dread Banner so you loose ~1k life but keep ES regen.
- Another option could be to skip Avian Aura and go for another dmg boosting stat like double dmg on weapon.
- It's not too hard to get max res from gear with harvest crafting, so I use Bone Armor instead of Mistress of Sacrifice which boosts defence quite a bit.

I still don't undestand what has changed since one or two leagues ago though? Why do we have less mana/reduce mana reserved? Baron change only means less Zombies right?
Last edited by clouds5 on Aug 9, 2020, 5:27:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info