[3.25] The Warbringer Slaming Serker [League Starter | Cheap | Smash the Atlas | MELEE BUFFED]

Hi sir,
How is your skill setup? Because I count as much as 11 skills...
8 on main skill bar, but what about the other 3.. How did you set em up.

Also, 4 warcries, do you use them all? Or situational?

Greets
Hello frawrst,
Just wanna say that I'm having a fun time with this build.
I'm used to play easy 1-3 spell builds so its a bit overwhelming for me to use all those abilities, therefore I'm playing non-Vaal ground slam, rarely using all war cry (90% using only intimidating cry for extra boss dps), but still going thru red maps with ease (T11-T14 for now).
I'm on mid budget gear, maybe 2 ex invested and there is a lot of room to upgrade.
Just want to say that in my opinion biggest upgrade in survivability and clear speed was Kaom's Roots for its stun and knockback immunity (in some cases I would die before I could swing due to knockbacks).
My main concern is survivability, as I'm progressing red maps I feel that I'm getting too squishy and many times I get bursted down to like 5% HP in 0,5 sec. Feel like I should find 1 more defensive layer somewhere (maybe losing dodge chance using Kaom's is too big of a drawback?).
Anyway, any recommendation what to upgrade next? :)

"
Genji084 wrote:
Hi sir,
How is your skill setup? Because I count as much as 11 skills...
8 on main skill bar, but what about the other 3.. How did you set em up.

Also, 4 warcries, do you use them all? Or situational?

Greets

you have 2 sets of skill bars, you can use ctrl to view second set and map them to whatever key you want

i use enduring cry, rallying cry, intmdating cry. rotate all 3 while mapping and bossing
"
Denyken wrote:
Hello frawrst,
Just wanna say that I'm having a fun time with this build.
I'm used to play easy 1-3 spell builds so its a bit overwhelming for me to use all those abilities, therefore I'm playing non-Vaal ground slam, rarely using all war cry (90% using only intimidating cry for extra boss dps), but still going thru red maps with ease (T11-T14 for now).
I'm on mid budget gear, maybe 2 ex invested and there is a lot of room to upgrade.
Just want to say that in my opinion biggest upgrade in survivability and clear speed was Kaom's Roots for its stun and knockback immunity (in some cases I would die before I could swing due to knockbacks).
My main concern is survivability, as I'm progressing red maps I feel that I'm getting too squishy and many times I get bursted down to like 5% HP in 0,5 sec. Feel like I should find 1 more defensive layer somewhere (maybe losing dodge chance using Kaom's is too big of a drawback?).
Anyway, any recommendation what to upgrade next? :)

looks like a solid start!

get t1 life rolls on all rares

swap out carcass jack for a big life astral with big res (110+ life and %max life for example, with chaos res)

get berserk effect enchant helm

drop faster attacks in tidebreaker and go either impale or a red dps support

drop seimic cry for infernal cry or rallying cry

get maim linked to flesh and stone for more inc damage taken by enemies in blood stance
Hiya.

I decided to play a melee this league for the first time in ages and selected this Tidal Slammer for funsies. Taking on the basic content in red maps is OK but I'm finding the single target damage is weak. Where am I going wrong here? And what equipment upgrades should I be aiming for? (Although cash is an issue)

"
Sabahl wrote:
Hiya.

I decided to play a melee this league for the first time in ages and selected this Tidal Slammer for funsies. Taking on the basic content in red maps is OK but I'm finding the single target damage is weak. Where am I going wrong here? And what equipment upgrades should I be aiming for? (Although cash is an issue)

some pretty easy upgrades at a quick glance

drop fortify in tidebreaker, you should be getting it from fortify master on tree

swap devotos for a big life rare with berserk 30% inc effect enchant. can also look for maximum fortify or increased phys dmg taken by enemies

chest is good :)

gloves are nice for rampage but does 0 for bossing dps. get vuln on hit gloves

boots are decent starters but look for big rares with big ms, big life, res etc can also find +1 endurance charge on warlord boots i believe

use 20 abrasive catalysts on rystlaths for easy cheap huge dps increase

ring neck all need t1 life

Thanks for that. Oops on the fortify gem. Should have noticed that :D

The chest was a lucky harvest craft. And the gloves DO have vuln on hit. I copied yours ;)
So first off, thanks for the build, it's been a lot of fun experimenting with the different cries and slams. Im bad and die a lot and found its hard to stand still this league so I found fist of war to be useful regardless of sheet dps.

Is it possible this build could benefit from inflicting massive impales? I found today that there seems to be some benefit from using impales + impaler keystone.

Using intimidating cry, rallying cry, plus the multi-totems and HoP minions like the above poster suggested, it seems like its possible to inflict a very chunky impale with vaal ground slam right off the hop on most bosses. Or a massive impale with regular ground slam + fist of war. I started one shotting or insta-phasing t15 bosses for the first time when I tried this.

Only issue I see is the interaction with Dread banner, HoP minions/totems, which could potentially impale first and cause your "Impaler" to proc and not allow you to apply your massive impale for 4 seconds. Still trying to confirm if this happens but if anyone could confirm I would super appreciate it.

Thanks again for the build!
has to be one of the worst melee builds i've played and I've played my fair share of melee builds. The damage is just not there. Yes its tanky but whats the point when everything survives lol. Was really hoping this would clear bosses with ease but it feels horrible for it. Even mapping is a chore. Wouldn't recommend this build for scourge
"
NeggyK wrote:
has to be one of the worst melee builds i've played and I've played my fair share of melee builds. The damage is just not there. Yes its tanky but whats the point when everything survives lol. Was really hoping this would clear bosses with ease but it feels horrible for it. Even mapping is a chore. Wouldn't recommend this build for scourge

is this a troll post? lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info