[3.25] The Warbringer Slaming Serker [League Starter | Cheap | Smash the Atlas | MELEE BUFFED]

"
R4g3qu1t wrote:
I don't post here very much. However I have to say this build is a BLAST!!

I normally only play a Witch summoner, have since way before release. An Army of minions was the only way I played.

I wanted to do something completely different this league. Since I haven't played in a league since before Delve. I decided to go with a Marauder and see what life is like up front.

Been tweaking this and that, used GS then I'm playing around with Tectonic Slam. So I added a ton of fire damage and support. TBH I will probably be going back to GS. Even though the TS is fun!

Thanks again for the guide and to everyone for sharing their thoughts, ideas and tips in this thread. This is a blast!

really glad to hear you are enjoying the build :)

welcome back to poe
Hey there. Just wanted to say thanks for the build.

This was the first build that i played seriously (tried Arc witch on Ultimatum, didn't go well).

Last league managed to kill Awakener on trade, fully geared in tidebreaker and stuff. And yesterday killed my first SSF Awakener in a pretty basic yellow gear.

Shows how little this build needs, to be extremely viable in endgame.

Thanks again, this is a great build even for first-time players. Gonna try it on the Maven next.
Hello, thank you for the build guide. I'm a noob at this game and have tried a few different characters and this one is definitely the most fun.

Hopefully you don't mind if I ask some questions (again, take this from a very noob perspective).

- There's quite a lot going on with the skills on this build. I've found the previous characters I rolled to be right click only whereas I seem to be doing a combination of ground-slam, various war cries, berserk, auras, etc. Could you possibly explain what the actual gameplay should be for this character please (for the benefit of people like me who just don't understand / new to the game).

-- I'll attempt to answer my own question but basically, as I understand it. War Cries generate Endurance Charges which last around 10 seconds, as such we want to maintain those Endurance Charges and so should cast a War Cry every ~8 seconds.

-- Thanks to War Bringer, War cries generate rage. War Bringer will also sacrifice rage to exert the next few attacks? Alternatively, Berserk can be used (say, on unique mobs / bosses) to increase our DPS, but sacrifice rage.

-- Blood Rage should be maintained full-time too because it provides a DPS increase and is maintained by killing enemies.

So the gameplay style should be to maintain warcry buffs, but either use the warcry again to provide exerted attacks, or use berserk for a large DPS increase on difficult mobs, and maintain Blood Rage? Auras should be used throughout? Hopefully somewhat understood this.

- In the Quick Guide and 3. Gems and Links , you use asterisk to mark various gems. What do these actually mean? I appreciate that it probably means they can be interchanged but is there a significance to their order? Also for example:

"
(Vaal*) Ground Slam – (Awakened) Brutality – Ruthless - Concentrated Effect/(Awakened) Increased Area of Effect – (Awakened) Melee Physical Damage – Fortify - (Pulverize** – Shockwave*** - Multistrike**** - Rage***** - Fist of War******)

Isn't that Seven gems here?
1. Ground Slam
2. Brutality
3. Ruthless
4. Concentrated Effect or Increased Area of Effect
5. Melee Physical Damage
6. Fortify
7???. Pulverize or Shockwave or Multistrike or Rage or Fist of War)

I notice that Fortify appears in some of the other gem links. Does that mean to ignore Fortify and proceed to the list of interchangeable gems instead?

I do not mean to come across as picking apart your guide at all; I find a lot of this a bit difficult to understand (might be obvious to most people).

Thank you
"
ShayeFaletha wrote:
"
frawrst wrote:
"
ShayeFaletha wrote:
Hello @frawst, thank you for the great build.

Small request: could you update PoB with brinkmanship + champion of cause and with suggested earthshatter links?

I know its minor, but I'm a noob and it would be super convenient. Thank you, much appreciated :)

yeah ill do a update for first page and do new pob info in the next few days

Thank you, I love you.

update on first page done and new pob!!!

for earthshatter go

earthshatter, pulverize, fist of war, brutality, melee phys, swap between conc effect and increased aoe or just shockwave if no int

Week one Scourge SC PoB

https://pastebin.com/KYwAkL5V

2.3million GS dps, 1million Shockwve, 4.3million Vaal Ground Slam

This build blew away all expectations again as a league starter. THe perfect combo of cheap + powerful with very fast berserker mapping and very strong single target bossing to clear t16 reds on just a 6 link tidebreaker and ryslathas coil.

The new tree changes made this build extremely smooth and easy to level, giving us all the cluster jewel QoL all on our tree (making it very SSF powerful and viable).

I will be working on a full rewrite; as most of the guide was written in 3.6, and updated to the new Slams in 3.11

Now we are post the 3.15 nerf fest and gained so much in 3.16, I will try my best to work on it.

Thank you to everyone trying out slams and keeping this guide active and posting their versions and gears. Its very fun to discuss my favourite arch type with you all.

Much love <3
Frost
Last edited by frawrst on Nov 1, 2021, 9:52:16 AM
"
kaisen123 wrote:
Hey there. Just wanted to say thanks for the build.

This was the first build that i played seriously (tried Arc witch on Ultimatum, didn't go well).

Last league managed to kill Awakener on trade, fully geared in tidebreaker and stuff. And yesterday killed my first SSF Awakener in a pretty basic yellow gear.

Shows how little this build needs, to be extremely viable in endgame.

Thanks again, this is a great build even for first-time players. Gonna try it on the Maven next.

hey friend! so glad to hear you are able to take this build and complete some league goals!!!

awakener is no joke! hes a tough battle but once you know how to avoid dmg, this build has good recovery and dps to get him down!!!

ssf awakener is really nice! congrats dude!!!

good luck with maven :)
"
Crosshash wrote:
Hello, thank you for the build guide. I'm a noob at this game and have tried a few different characters and this one is definitely the most fun.

Hopefully you don't mind if I ask some questions (again, take this from a very noob perspective).

- There's quite a lot going on with the skills on this build. I've found the previous characters I rolled to be right click only whereas I seem to be doing a combination of ground-slam, various war cries, berserk, auras, etc. Could you possibly explain what the actual gameplay should be for this character please (for the benefit of people like me who just don't understand / new to the game).

-- I'll attempt to answer my own question but basically, as I understand it. War Cries generate Endurance Charges which last around 10 seconds, as such we want to maintain those Endurance Charges and so should cast a War Cry every ~8 seconds.

-- Thanks to War Bringer, War cries generate rage. War Bringer will also sacrifice rage to exert the next few attacks? Alternatively, Berserk can be used (say, on unique mobs / bosses) to increase our DPS, but sacrifice rage.

-- Blood Rage should be maintained full-time too because it provides a DPS increase and is maintained by killing enemies.

So the gameplay style should be to maintain warcry buffs, but either use the warcry again to provide exerted attacks, or use berserk for a large DPS increase on difficult mobs, and maintain Blood Rage? Auras should be used throughout? Hopefully somewhat understood this.

- In the Quick Guide and 3. Gems and Links , you use asterisk to mark various gems. What do these actually mean? I appreciate that it probably means they can be interchanged but is there a significance to their order? Also for example:

"
(Vaal*) Ground Slam – (Awakened) Brutality – Ruthless - Concentrated Effect/(Awakened) Increased Area of Effect – (Awakened) Melee Physical Damage – Fortify - (Pulverize** – Shockwave*** - Multistrike**** - Rage***** - Fist of War******)

1. Ground Slam
2. Brutality
3. Ruthless
5. Melee Physical Damage
6. Fortify

I notice that Fortify appears in some of the other gem links. Does that mean to ignore Fortify and proceed to the list of interchangeable gems instead?

I do not mean to come across as picking apart your guide at all; I find a lot of this a bit difficult to understand (might be obvious to most people).

Thank you

some great questions here, let me do my best to explain

1. the general idea is to always be using exerted attacks and berserk as much as possible, maintaining high rage via warbringer procs and 50% more procs, as well as boosting our slams QoL and dps

so think, rallying cry

slam slam slam

intimidating cry

slam slam slam

berserk

slam slam

intimidating cry

slam slam

rallying cry

slam slam

rinse and repeat until boss is dead!

2. only enduring cry and skills in our weapon generate endurance charges. we do want to be casting war cries often

3. correct on warbringer and berserk

4. correct, attack speed is free bonus and is good source of life leech

5. yes, use warcries liberally, use berserk as much as possible, use warcries to keep up berserk, slam all the time

6. asteriks are optional support you can try out. no significane to their order

i think you are right; there is 7 support listed. ill see if i can fix this formatting (its alot of code to fix hehe)

as long as we take fortify mastery (which is very early on for us) you skip fortify gem as we get fortify on ALL hits

hope i answered all your questions, and not seen as picking apart at all!

good luck friend
"
frawrst wrote:
"
Crosshash wrote:

"

1. Ground Slam
2. Brutality
3. Ruthless
5. Melee Physical Damage
6. Fortify

Thank you

some great questions here, let me do my best to explain

1. the general idea is to always be using exerted attacks and berserk as much as possible, maintaining high rage via warbringer procs and 50% more procs, as well as boosting our slams QoL and dps

so think, rallying cry

slam slam slam

intimidating cry

slam slam slam

berserk

slam slam

intimidating cry

slam slam

rallying cry

slam slam

rinse and repeat until boss is dead!

2. only enduring cry and skills in our weapon generate endurance charges. we do want to be casting war cries often

3. correct on warbringer and berserk

4. correct, attack speed is free bonus and is good source of life leech

5. yes, use warcries liberally, use berserk as much as possible, use warcries to keep up berserk, slam all the time

6. asteriks are optional support you can try out. no significane to their order

i think you are right; there is 7 support listed. ill see if i can fix this formatting (its alot of code to fix hehe)

as long as we take fortify mastery (which is very early on for us) you skip fortify gem as we get fortify on ALL hits

hope i answered all your questions, and not seen as picking apart at all!

good luck friend

Thank you so much for the comprehensive reply and thank you for an awesome build!
no problem, let me know if you have any more questions and glad you are enjoying the build
Hey man I have question I feel like i'm lacking damage even tho im capped on res got 5.3k HP 700+ life reg also use some life leech but i struggle to do some maps were i lack the damage to kill tanky bosses specially with regen litterly don't know were to improve ive even changed some nodes and i don't know if anointment will improve by alot but i really love the build if u wanna check my build what i do wrong check TacoRoto
Last edited by Spinzair1 on Nov 1, 2021, 3:04:43 PM
"
Spinzair1 wrote:
Hey man I have question I feel like i'm lacking damage even tho im capped on res got 5.3k HP 700+ life reg also use some life leech but i struggle to do some maps were i lack the damage to kill tanky bosses specially with regen litterly don't know were to improve ive even changed some nodes and i don't know if anointment will improve by alot but i really love the build

you seem to be using multistrike

you cannot exert slams that use multistrike

drop multistrike and ur dps will double/triple

also one of your rings has - channeling mana cost and we dont use any channeling skills
Last edited by frawrst on Nov 1, 2021, 3:05:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info