[3.25] The Warbringer Slaming Serker [League Starter | Cheap | Smash the Atlas | MELEE BUFFED]

"
Hillfigger wrote:
Hello guys,

i have a few questions to this build. (Yet without gear linked, but maybe you can watch it in my Profile...)
I am lvl 84 and my skill tree is a mix from pob and the online skill tree (page 1).

I am using a 5 link Tidebreaker, 6 link armor, all 3 warcries and yet molten shell and steelskin for additional defenses.
I am using one health potion, 3 magic potions for 10%dodge and phasing, 3k armor and 40% movement speed, still one mana potion in case i missed hitting a mob.
I am using pride, blood and sand and herald of purity for mana reservation.

My char has actually about 4,3k health (yet mana on rings instead of health)
Resists are maxed, i think i have -13 chaos res.

Short telling: i feel squishy af, Ground Slam lvl 20 (13% quality) has under 100k dps and because of feeling squishy i don’t feel safe in low tier maps.

1. What is better? 20% quality Ground Slam or 0% quality Vaal Ground Slam?

1.1. Which GS support gems should i use? PoB gem links (rutheless, pulverise) or online gem links (page one)?

2. What should i improve? More health? (Even on low tier maps?)

3. Should i stick to one skill tree (online version or pob version)

4. How can i improve my dmg most (without the 40% belt and 6 link Tidebreaker)

Thank you!

vaal Gs is much better

check pob for most dps for your build

life is usually the best way to scale defensively
"
glocked wrote:
Hi, it's my first league and i'm lvl 90 and it seems impossible to do 12-15 rare maps without dying at all. I'm even dying occasionally on 11s as well depending on the rolls.

Every time I make like 70% exp i'm downed to 0 regardless how careful I am. It just makes me feel like to scrap this build and try something else.

Any upgrade at this point costs at least 3 exalts (skills) and 7 exalts (eq), but none of those improve survivability only dmg. I know having more dmg and oneshotting screens on higher maps would probably prevent some deaths, but some are instant kills where I did not even had a chance to fire anything. Not sure if it's general melee characters problem or something is wrong with my build / flasks.

Should I run lower tier maps and lvlup slowly? Or focus on money making for now and upgrade eq/skills before i even consider lvling up to 91+ ?

check my profile for build, thanks

some of your gear has bad life rolls

consider soul tether if you want more tankiness/overleech
fail
Last edited by EddieAries on May 4, 2021, 9:18:12 PM
Is it viable to play this build on console? There seems to be a lot of button upkeep with all the "Cry" gems and with console you can fit them all it is just much harder to activate them.
Doing pretty well on mobs, but bosses often give me problems. You use your flasks, do some damage, they still live, you're out of flask charges and then it's like you barely do any damage at all and you're doomed. Even though according to POB I do a total of 594k without flasks selected.

Not sure how those 'stunlocks' are achieved, but for me a boss is stunned for a few seconds maybe and then just runs around happily :-P

Saving up to get 6 links, but apart from that my gear is like this now:

With Pride, Blood and Sand, and Flesh and Stone active I only have 31 unreserved mana left, maybe that's a bit too low?
"
frawrst wrote:
"
BestRandom wrote:
First time I try this build, can anyone tell me why I die so fast?

Also if I have all my spells with reserved mana up, I have 5% mana and i'm out of mana if instantly if flask is not up

use herald of purity instead of flesh and stone

your rings and gaunts has bad life rolls

your wep is very bad

Herald of Purity solved my mana problem.

What weapon should I use? The guide recommended this unique one early, and I can't purchase tidebreaker for multiple exalts.

I will try to find better rings with better life rolls as well, ty.
"
BestRandom wrote:
"
frawrst wrote:

What weapon should I use? The guide recommended this unique one early, and I can't purchase tidebreaker for multiple exalts.

It costs much less if you add sockets and links yourself
Last edited by DieselThe on May 5, 2021, 8:02:53 AM
"
BestRandom wrote:
"
frawrst wrote:
"
BestRandom wrote:
First time I try this build, can anyone tell me why I die so fast?

Also if I have all my spells with reserved mana up, I have 5% mana and i'm out of mana if instantly if flask is not up

use herald of purity instead of flesh and stone

your rings and gaunts has bad life rolls

your wep is very bad

your weapon literally has 140 dps

get a rare one with 300-400

get a tidebreaker and 5 link it yourself with prophecies or harvest craft
Yea with Flesh and Stone's bump up in reservation it's difficult to run all the auras. I've been running some different POB iterations and found that even w/ Enlighten 3 or 4 in a 6 socket w/ B&S, F&S, Pride, HoP the reservation was too much for my comfort (and F&S Maim out of the question)-- you could also try the Lifetap approach w/ cries but I wasn't as comfortable with that.

I instead went Impale focus and today added Divergent Dread Banner for 20 c-- my Mana res is about 16% (117 mana) which with Mana leech and mana regen incidentally on gear is quite sufficient-- with 95% impale chance my VGS DPS is listed at 19M & 14.5M additional DPS from Impale-- given that you can impale on a big VGS and then have your minions proc that damage with their small hits, it adds up really fast. I walked into t15 Veritania and 3 VGS in a row later she popped :)

I also bought my Coil yesterday, ran uber-uber-lab, and was lucky enough to get the Life on kill w/ Rage enchant :D

https://pastebin.com/ZYJCxa2D
Last edited by MagaFortOss on May 5, 2021, 12:38:43 PM
"
frawrst wrote:
"
BestRandom wrote:
"
frawrst wrote:

your weapon literally has 140 dps

get a rare one with 300-400

get a tidebreaker and 5 link it yourself with prophecies or harvest craft

thx for your help, I came up with this now, what do you say?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info