[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
eatthepolice wrote:
For some reson 5 link Hyrr's price in the Ritual is about 20 chaoses, when Kintsugi without any decent links is 4ex. Is Hyrr's still the best in slot for the build?
Yep, Dark said so few pages ago. Go for Hyrri.

Kintsugi's prophecy is most likely bugged (there were 2 bug reports) so doesn't spawn for a lot of people which means suddenly you can't obtain it normally and what was 5c unique is now 5ex cuz maybe some lucker pulled it out of Ritual or Heist.

It was never "needed" for this build (or other builds that use it like Octavian's Toxic Rain mines), it was just recommended cuz cheap and nice defensives. When it's no longer cheap, it loses any incentive.

EDIT: Here's the post, halfway the page: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2581551/page/678
Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 22, 2021, 5:59:21 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
Yep, Dark said so few pages ago. Go for Hyrri.

Kintsugi's prophecy is most likely bugged (there were 2 bug reports) so doesn't spawn for a lot of people which means suddenly you can't obtain it normally and what was 5c unique is now 5ex cuz maybe some lucker pulled it out of Ritual or Heist.

It was never "needed" for this build (or other builds that use it like Octavian's Toxic Rain mines), it was just recommended cuz cheap and nice defensives. When it's no longer cheap, it loses any incentive.

EDIT: Here's the post, halfway the page: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2581551/page/678

Great, thank you!
First of all, allow me to thank you for an incredibly wholesome post. When I first dropped a contagion gem a couple of months ago, i thought "well this is a thing to do in a pandemic lockdown"; i had no idea what ride am i in for.
The first build guide for ED i found was extremely weak, leaving me feeling like role-playing a character named "sir squishy mc butter bullets" - little did I know the build was more of a ssf diary. Nearly turned me off contagion, left me wishing I could squeeze more out of it... Lucky i found your post and discovered that yes, i can.

I am now rocking your 100ex version and -thanks to harvest - steadily working towards the mirror gear. This brings up a couple of min maxing questions I'd like to ask before committing towards a very steep crafting path.
I'd like to state that while I did read a lot of the ~700 comments here, i by far did not read all of them, so my apologies if I'm asking something that has been discussed. I did the best I could. Also, while being able to somewhat understand the inner working in the game, i have been onlz playing for a couple of months and might be overlooking something you guys consider common knowledge. in that case, id like to apologize as well.

1) auras. Did anyone figure out a reliable way to run flesh and stone and aspect of the spider together? If I'm not missing anything, and discounting the vaal implicit (putting corrupting a mirror worthy item to the realm of impossible straight away), with both shapers and hunters reservation reductions only rolling on shields, the only way would be sacrificing at least two amulet affixes for crusaders and hunters specific reductions.
Thanks to the aspects not being affected by enlighten tho, this would be still too close for comfort and might leave us needing a third affix, the shapers global reduction - needing three influences effectively pushing us into rolling an astrolabe.

Is there anything I'm missing? Because it seems to me the sacrifices are way too high for me and i should rather roll an abyssal socket on the helmet, exiling flame dash to the quiver and getting a whole lot of buck for the suffix.

2) having 5 mil dps on ed, is there ever a point we could safely divest from blight or reduce it's links, only using it to get infusion or stack up wither? Would that save some passives that might get a better use?
I know you guys really hate even thinking about multilinking contagion, but from what I hear, the game thinks contagion (rather than ED) kills most the mobs - does that not mean we'd be benefiting greatly from linking in item find gems?
Or is there not anything else, whatsoever, we could use? Would cast speed buff our totem and make berserk actually work on lmb? Anything?

3) the bow. seems like having a 6ex bow in a mirror setup is an oversight, what do i do to improve there?
my 1st guess would be annuling the multimod, freeing a suffix. then shapers frenzy charge? pierce for quality of life over allies cannot die aura? elders aoe to mitigate the nerf?
2nd guess would be onslaught corruption, freeing a suffix and an influence, but considering the point made at 2) about contagion killing the mobs, would that even work? if not, going for frenzy charge generation?

I had more stupid questions but already forgot where i am, might edit the post later.
Thanks for your guys patience.
Last edited by ErnestGaskin on Jan 23, 2021, 7:22:23 AM
Any tips on crafting simple all res and +1 chaos amulet? nothing good on the market, so thinking to try crafting one myself
Possibly a dumb question, but how am I meant to have Malevolence, Discipline and Spider active at the same time?

I have Vertex with lvl 3 Enlighten, but that's still not enough for me to use Spider
Finished my occultist body :)

just have to divine
Nice build by the way, I had an easy time leveling and getting through white and yellow maps despite bosses taking a long time to kill. I feel like I've invested a lot of chaos into my build (ive made about 6ex thus far) and yet I am getting absolutely destroyed in red maps..it feels like my damage is really low.

Can someone give me some pointers on my gear/skill points, or what I should work towards next?
"
LotusJuice wrote:
Nice build by the way, I had an easy time leveling and getting through white and yellow maps despite bosses taking a long time to kill. I feel like I've invested a lot of chaos into my build (ive made about 6ex thus far) and yet I am getting absolutely destroyed in red maps..it feels like my damage is really low.

Can someone give me some pointers on my gear/skill points, or what I should work towards next?
fix your flask they look very random dont forget
Quartz Flask is big part of your def
the 5 ex bow would give you alot of dmg
spec out of perfect agony till you get divergent bersker its doing notthing
and taking the jewel socket near quick recovery is better than quick recovry for one less point so spec out of that too
Last edited by FiskZero on Jan 23, 2021, 8:46:33 AM
"
ErnestGaskin wrote:
3) the bow. seems like having a 6ex bow in a mirror setup is an oversight, what do i do to improve there?
You can look into synthesized implicits, that's one way to invent a more expensive bow that actually does something useful.

I think there's +1 to socketed support gems, increased chaos damage and maybe a few other useful mods.

However synthesized items cannot be conq orb slammed, and corrupting them would ruin the implicit, so it's an "either or" commitment.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 23, 2021, 12:01:06 PM
What do you guys think about this talisman as a budget option until a decent crafted one? Bought it for 20c, and awesome build, this is my 4th league enjoying this, thank you for creating such an awesome guide :))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info