[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Yeah I'm considering trying occultist.
I don't know if it's worth going for 2 curses if there's nothing worthwhile using.
What is the need for nerf that way? It is a good construction, but without absurd damage, ggg is getting lost.
Here's where I'm at on occultist for now

https://pastebin.com/JBePbp7k

Pretty much just took my stacked trickster and redid the tree a bit. Don't think we can take malediction over vile bastion.

Obviously losing some defense but gaining some offense.
Last edited by Shuggananas on Jan 11, 2021, 6:53:52 PM
@Darkxellmc

-60% dot
-10% spell dodge
-10% movement speed

??

Heeeeeelp I don't want to lose this build!
"
Shuggananas wrote:
Yeah I'm considering trying occultist.
I don't know if it's worth going for 2 curses if there's nothing worthwhile using.
Can use defensive curse but otherwise Vile Bastion for stun immunity + profane bloom for pops seems ok, esp. after buff from 25% chance to explode to 40%. Since it worked with bane, it should work with any dot skill.

I heard some people don't like profane bloom because it ruins ED prolif, is that true?

Then maybe the power charge route + that templar gem that increased damage per power charge would make sense.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 11, 2021, 10:18:08 PM
"
Alkatraz_BR wrote:
What is the need for nerf that way? It is a good construction, but without absurd damage, ggg is getting lost.

I guess the reason ist that we get Harvest crafting back so that we now are able to craft that crazy stuff again like the +1 Int / +1 Chaos Skill gems Amulet (and other nice gear).

Sure, we will not get that many chances to craft as in Harvest but compared to the almost impossible chance in Heist to get that Amulet done it is now a realistic option again.

Can't say that I like the changes but I understand why they made that decisions.

"
goozaan wrote:
@Darkxellmc

-60% dot
-10% spell dodge
-10% movement speed

??

Heeeeeelp I don't want to lose this build!

TL/DR: build's fine. Slight nerfs but not enough to offset heist buffs, and ED is an extremely fitting choice for the upcoming league mechanic.

There's really nothing to worry about. Trickster has been top meta for years now, getting nerfed a bit back in line is to be expected at this point.
- Trivial movement speed sources are globally nerfed across the board for all characters. Assassin lost 30%. Honnestly this isn't a problem for tricksters, as this just offset the absurd movementspeed mechanics we gained over the past 3 leagues (berserk, rage, elusive). Since they are additive, this is barely noticeable. If you care, just get 10% back on your quiver using harvest, idk.
- Loosing spell dodge is annoying, but unless you're farming sirus in hardcore, this is a forgetable loss. Spells extremely rarely shotgun, and the ones that oneshot you will still do no matter your dodge rate. Boot enchants can counter this, but I personally never bothered, I prefer the movementspeed. Spelldodge just isn't very valuable imo.

Loosing 50% inc damage on patient reaper is more problematic. Not only is this a 8% damage loss in endgame, but it was a great tool that made early gearing less strained. There's nothing to do about this, sadly.

That said, I'd like to remind the extreme buffs for the build in heist league. Divergent berserk is a far greater buff than these nerfs combined, and chaos dots can use many influence modifiers that were just made easier to get from harvest. We also still have to see if there are strong maven modifiers for the build in the endgame.

There's something else I'd like to point out here.
Ritual is going to be a mapping juice league, and trickster is a consistent very good choice for this. Clearing maps fast will be insanely valuable as there are a lot of atlas rewards on map completion.
While EDtrickster was mechanicly stronger in heist, there's wasn't really a point to play it, as there is no synergy between the build and the league mechanic. There's no need to clear fast if you're waiting doors every 10 seconds. Ritual is going to be VERY different.
The only thing I'm apprehensive about is the life on the new maven encounters, as ED isn't a great damage tool. Having multiple ED debuffs on bosses means you have 10k+ regen/sec tho, so there's most likely nothing to worry about. At worst, just use RF.
Occultist seems viable btw. Lose a bit of defense (which you can offset with blasphemy enfeeble) and some cast speed (ymmv). You gain some damage though. You can drop wither totems for blasphemy for instance.

Profane bloom seems unplayable with contagion but that's fine now that you can skip it to get maledict.
Hyrri's ire is kind of unplayable though so you have to craft a big boy chest (fine now that we have harvest back)

The biggest problem I'm encountering is getting enough ES for MOM.
Last edited by Shuggananas on Jan 12, 2021, 5:14:42 AM
@ Darkxellmc

I started the game in the middle of the Delirium league and I can say that I am still a noob on many subjects.

I met this guide in the Heist league and I can say "the most fun and satisfying build I have ever followed". I would like to thank you for that.

Especially loved the crafting steps you mentioned in detail.

Do you plan to update the structure for 3.13, especially with crafting steps?

Thank you again.
"
Loosing 50% inc damage on patient reaper is more problematic. Not only is this a 8% damage loss in endgame, but it was a great tool that made early gearing less strained. There's nothing to do about this, sadly.

"
That said, I'd like to remind the extreme buffs for the build in heist league. Divergent berserk is a far greater buff than these nerfs combined, and chaos dots can use many influence modifiers that were just made easier to get from harvest. We also still have to see if there are strong maven modifiers for the build in the endgame.

This.

People are just not understanding the mechanics of the game. They see 50% damage over time loss and think "yeah okay I lose half my damage". It is additive Damage, not a dot multi. Can u guys relax for once? :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info