[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
woefulwabbit wrote:
RIP leveling with chaos spellslinger...

So, back to leveling with Bane?
Has anyone tried leveling with Soulrend?

Why not ED\Cont + Spellslinger, and Blight (no SS) for Single Target?
"
Viktranka wrote:
I guess good news for Heist when it comes to bow crafting:

"
From 3.12.0 onwards the tags displayed when holding alt (which were previously used for fossil and Harvest crafting) will also be used by catalysts, the “Cannot roll Attack Mods” and “Cannot roll Caster Mods” meta-crafts.

https://www.pathofexile.com/public/news/2020-09-15/mods.html

"
2 to Level of Socketed Bow Gems
Attack, Gem

So "Cannot roll attack mods" should still result in +1 to socketed gems guaranteed, right?

How did you get this page?

I was going to say: wait for league launch to make sur +1/2 bow gems has the attack tag, but I suppose it's fine, then...
Welp, that changes absolutely nothing, bow crafting will be how it's always been.

"
markuskanada wrote:
"
woefulwabbit wrote:

Chaos slinger levelling is pretty much fine. Just plan your mana reservation beforehand, but 30% should be fine. The cooldown recovery means nothing.

"
obierice wrote:
Hello - I am fairly new as I started playing this game about a month ago. I'm trying your build out and so far it's been great, I'm lvl 45 currently.

However, I'm finding that while I can kill quite easily, I get hurt pretty easily too. Should I be focusing on gaining evasion or energy shield?

I also am confused by Eldritch Battery. I allocated that node and it converts my ES to mana but I'm confused as to why we should do that? It basically gives me unlimited mana but I haven't needed much mana anyways with bane.

And doing so takes away my ES to protect my life which makes it even easier to die.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your build!

If you have at least 1.5k hp (at level 45), you're good to go even without ES. Make SURE you have 75% elemental resistances for all 3, that's what can kill you.
If you can easily sustain mana, sure, you may keep your ES as a defensive layer early. I just like the QoL it provides.

"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
markuskanada wrote:
"
woefulwabbit wrote:

Chaos slinger levelling is pretty much fine. Just plan your mana reservation beforehand, but 30% should be fine. The cooldown recovery means nothing.
[/quote]

You think 3 Spellslingers to level ED at league start is possible?
Even with 4link Soulrend including GMP? Not sure, sounds hard to reach.
On the passive tree if I see correctly, we only have 12% less mana reserved from Charisma on the tree. Dont know if thats enough
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
How did you get this page?

It's linked in the Heist Balance Manifesto (3'rd line from the bottom)

With regards to Spellslinger i just tried leveling with a 2x 4link 1x 2 link setup (which was a blast, first time trying SS):
SS, ED, Cont. Dest, Efficacy - 33% reserved
SS, Soulrend, Cont. Dest, Efficacy - 33% reserved
SS, Contagion - 20% reserved.
86% total reserved.

With a new override of 30% instead of 20% at level 1 i suppose this would be completely impossible. Since the mana multiplier of Cont. Dest and Efficacy are both 130% it would now be 30*1.3*1.3 = 50.7.

So the same setup would take up 50+50+30=130% mana if i understand it correctly.
I guess you could fire ED manually and get down to 80% reserved, but that might be costly on speed and diminish the point of running SS IMO.

edit: If anyone has ideas for a chaoslinger leveling setup i'd be happy to hear

Last edited by Kalmish on Sep 15, 2020, 10:14:45 AM
"
Kalmish wrote:

edit: If anyone has ideas for a chaoslinger leveling setup i'd be happy to hear

I'm not sure putting a bane in a spellslinger setup would be good, because it might kill targets before ED hits.
If you can, you may do the following setup:

Contagion + SS = 30%
bane/soulrend + SS + Void manip = 36%
ED + SS + Void manip + swift aff = 45%

The charisma wheel gives 12% reduced mana reserved, which makes the total reservation of this setup 27 + 40 + 32 = 99% mana reserved, at spellslinger gem level 1. With EB you can easily sustain casts, tho getting EB very early might mean stretching your tree and not doing much damage.
To be honnest, I don't even understand why spellslinger setups use soulrend, as ed+cont usually kills everything before soulrend can do anything. You could just run a ed+cont spellslinger and enable bane reservation on bosses, I guess? Or just remove the soulrend and work with that.

Edit: Can't apply curses with spellslinged bane, my bad.
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Sep 15, 2020, 11:01:40 AM
Thanks for the info re spellslinger and the work done on this thread - I had this planned for leveling, running through some early maps before swapping to the main build, it looked like a lot of fun - going to be interesting to see how effective we can make it.

Hi I'm wondering if you can take a look at my build to work out obvious things I am missing or doing wrong. I'm a very new player learning mechanics of the game so I'm very happy for it to be absolutely ripped to shreds :)

Hopefully this pastebin works for POB: https://pastebin.com/3btSA6xU

Anyway I feel like for the currency invested the dps should be higher, but I think I'm bottlenecking it by lacking a lot of % dmg/chaos/dot multipliers.

Your guide is excellent, I really appreciate the time it must have taken to put everything together. It's presented very clearly. I'm trying to follow it but I'm not sure I'm where I should be. Any time you have would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Shortx on Sep 15, 2020, 2:13:48 PM
Dear Darkxellmc

Thank you for the very well put build guide. My Assassin Glancing Blow Spellslinger starter that I cooked for myself is being hit on from all sides by the manifesto so I want to fall back on security and I think it's time for me to finally try an ED build.

I have a few questions. They may seems like critics for your build, but they are not and I'm actually only willing to learn more from you about the build interactions. I'll give my understanding of the problem under spoiler for formatting and ask my question in a separate paragraph.

- Ghost shroud and Wind Dancer
Spoiler
While both mechanics are strong individually and still somehow work together by smoothing out ghost shroud rotation, they are a bit anti-synergistic.
Given the high evade / dodge chance of the build, I expect that you are mostly not "hit recently". Hence most of the time, the less evasion rating from wind dancer reduces the ES recovery from ghost shroud when you do get hit. Hence the anti-synergistic tag earlier.
Where the mechanics do smooth out together, is that even though your ghost shroud gives less ES on the first hit received, you do endure 20% less damage. And when you have been "hit recently", you get more evasion rating to go through these difficult times of ghost shroud recovery. And if you get hit again after 2 seconds, you have a single ghost shroud that recover more ES than usual, which is nice.

Is this indeed what happens, and are you actually happy about it?

- Escape artist, life/ES hybrid and Acrobatcis
Spoiler
30% less ES sound as a big downfall on an ascendy that scales ES through it's ascendy, and on a build where the evasion rating of Hyrri's Ire is a major turning point.
From a pure "effective hit pool" (PoB) perspective, the phase acro cluster is much stronger than 30% more ES. While 30% more ES is significantly better from the "maximum hit taken" perspective.
So on the long run, you gain from having that Acro cluster. It's just that you push your build towards a RNG based defense instead of capitalising on the life/es hybridness.

Does pushing the build on a "don't get hit by adding dodge to evade" is motivated by the perks of having ghost shroud up?
Would pushing more on the life/ES perks by droping the Acro cluster and using Corrupted soul for a 5.3K life 4.5K ES (your 10-15 ex PoB) would sound like a decent idea from your perspective (putting aside the MoM/EB/Discipline versus none of those problem that this question rise)?

Last edited by Rootsmann on Sep 15, 2020, 3:16:13 PM
"
Shortx wrote:
Hi I'm wondering if you can take a look at my build to work out obvious things I am missing or doing wrong. I'm a very new player learning mechanics of the game so I'm very happy for it to be absolutely ripped to shreds :)

Hopefully this pastebin works for POB: https://pastebin.com/3btSA6xU

Anyway I feel like for the currency invested the dps should be higher, but I think I'm bottlenecking it by lacking a lot of % dmg/chaos/dot multipliers.

Your guide is excellent, I really appreciate the time it must have taken to put everything together. It's presented very clearly. I'm trying to follow it but I'm not sure I'm where I should be. Any time you have would be greatly appreciated.

Your gear is decent, just pretty basic. It's pretty typical for new players to just get life+resistances on rare gear, and not know what they can do to further improve gear pieces. Especially when changing a single peace means solving the resistance puzzle on your character again. So don't worry, you're doing well!

In the guide, check out every gear slot for more expensive options. The first thing I'd do is get a quiver with life and dot multiplier.
Then probably a better bow with liquefaction suffix.
Then an amulet with +1gems, or even both +1 gems and dot multi.
Then damage on jewellery, and finally a better helm.

Also, don't forget to vendor your lvl20 0%quality gems with a gcp to get 20% quality ones. This is VERY important for your totems and contagion to get more placement speed and aoe.

I'm puting this last so you don't forget: FIX YOUR FLASKS.
Do you just die when you click a freeze strongbox, or when you kill a pack of mobs with corrupted blood? Do you run a snail speed on temporal chains maps?
You NEED a staunching flask AND a heat one. Atziri's promise does nothing for this build, chalice and forbidden taste are really meh.
Check the gear>flask section of the guide and do that.
Hello Darkxellmc,

this is one of the best Guides ever ive seen in POE. A little bit more details for the leveling section (example: when is the best time to start with the CwdT setup ? and stuff like that) and this guide will be perfect. I hope this guide will work in HEIST too.

Thx so much and keep up the work. Thumbs up <3
Last edited by PNgamerGER on Sep 15, 2020, 3:30:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info