[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
markuskanada wrote:
Hello,

I skipped Harvest but played a lot of ED in the past. Also having used your build as a general guide. Love ED.

My question is, whats up with all the Spellslinger stuff?
When I started to do some research today, I bumped into many vids\guides\people saying its the best ED experience ever. What are the advantages?
Would you recommend it for leveling and then going back to normal ED later in end game?

I bet this has been discussed tons of times in here, im sorry!

You are great!

Spellslinger ED is great, but the damage falls of significantly in the endgame.
It's a very satisfying playstyle, and is insane for leveling.
If you can just overgear like crazy, you may also be able to clear endgame content with it, but it's a much heavier investment. I'd recommend playing it if you're the type of player that usually quits after yellow maps/basic experience with league mechanics. If you wanna continue further, switching to selfcast ED to easily clear the whole game is very doable too.

Also, you woun't be able to clear the most juiced 100% delirium-t19-turbo-beyond maps, you'll just get turbo-fisted there. But to be fair, most regular builds can't anyways, and ED is definitely a skill you'll struggle to make work for this kind of content, on any setup.

Anyways. Spellslinger's fun, that's about it.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
markuskanada wrote:
Hello,

I skipped Harvest but played a lot of ED in the past. Also having used your build as a general guide. Love ED.

My question is, whats up with all the Spellslinger stuff?
When I started to do some research today, I bumped into many vids\guides\people saying its the best ED experience ever. What are the advantages?
Would you recommend it for leveling and then going back to normal ED later in end game?

I bet this has been discussed tons of times in here, im sorry!

You are great!

Spellslinger ED is great, but the damage falls of significantly in the endgame.
It's a very satisfying playstyle, and is insane for leveling.
If you can just overgear like crazy, you may also be able to clear endgame content with it, but it's a much heavier investment. I'd recommend playing it if you're the type of player that usually quits after yellow maps/basic experience with league mechanics. If you wanna continue further, switching to selfcast ED to easily clear the whole game is very doable too.

Also, you woun't be able to clear the most juiced 100% delirium-t19-turbo-beyond maps, you'll just get turbo-fisted there. But to be fair, most regular builds can't anyways, and ED is definitely a skill you'll struggle to make work for this kind of content, on any setup.

Anyways. Spellslinger's fun, that's about it.

Thanks for the reply. Very reliable and competent, exactly as I remembered you.
Since you talk about it, here is my take on a min-maxed life/ES ED/Soulrend Spellslinger in HSC.
Feels pretty good. Maxes out combined on about 2 million Sirus dps,
9K Life/Es, 37K evasion w flasks up, max spell dodge, 40% block, ailment immune, 200% movespeed. Does Simulacrum w.o. much problems, very good for Delving.
All gear is self crafted, except wand(3ex), amulet(3 ex), shield(1ex) and jewels.

Spoiler

PoB: https://pastebin.com/0XrxAEA2 (single target setup, I use GMP for mapping)

Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Sep 3, 2020, 6:31:13 PM
"
Dkodr wrote:
Since you talk about it, here is my take on a min-maxed life/ES ED/Soulrend Spellslinger in HSC.
Feels pretty good. Maxes out combined on about 2 million Sirus dps,
9K Life/Es, 37K evasion w flasks up, max spell dodge, 40% block, ailment immune, 200% movespeed. Does Simulacrum w.o. much problems, very good for Delving.
All gear is self crafted, except wand(3ex), amulet(3 ex), shield(1ex) and jewels.

Spoiler

PoB: https://pastebin.com/0XrxAEA2 (single target setup, I use GMP for mapping)

Thanks for the insight. This looks amazing.
I believe its easier for me to only league start with spellslinger, and later make the swap to classic ED. Not sure, lets see if GGG nerfs any of it. I save your PoB, thanks!
Very good build. Thanks for All the work. I have the Fun of my life in poe with it.
Big thanks again to OP. I just defeated Sirus for the first time, only A5 but it feels mighty fine.

Re: jewel crafting our x2 rares, I was thinking of fossil crafting with aberrant and pristine to sort those out, is that a reasonably effective approach or is there better?

My bad if this was already discussed recently (or distantly in the far reaches of the archive).

I guess my remaining goals are Delve bosses, Atziri, Shaper, Elder fights.

This will be my first fully realized char.
"
Galadcar wrote:

Re: jewel crafting our x2 rares, I was thinking of fossil crafting with aberrant and pristine to sort those out, is that a reasonably effective approach or is there better?

My bad if this was already discussed recently (or distantly in the far reaches of the archive).

Thanks!

If you have access to harvest crafting, that's a very easy way to make 4 props jewels.
If you don't the next best thing is buying them. Standard market is kinda messed up, and it's going to cost you ~20ex per jewel.

Fossil only modifiers can't appear on jewels anymore, despite weightings on poeDB (source: I tried myself) btw.
Spamming fossils will work, but will be a lengthy process.

That said, jewels mods don't have level requirements. This means you can just hop on a league hardcore dude, harvest a ton of insane low level crafts, and craft your jewels that way (act 6 tidal island? Maybe act 2 crossroads, idk). Then, just mule/death them to standard where they are almost unobtainable.

Whatever you do, try to check craftofexile to know your odds of hitting something ^^
Would you recommend this as a league starter for Heist?
"
rag100 wrote:

Hey, im not OP, but generally spoken ED is pretty much THE #1 best league starter in this game. And leveling it with spellslinger makes it even more fun (and faster), you just likely hit a wall with spellslinger maybe around yellow\red maps, where you make the swap to classic (self cast) ED.

This being said, patch notes including nerfs will be out soon.
Lets hope ED\contagion stays untouched. Spellslinger will be hit hard I guess, but maybe its still good enough for leveling with ED. Maybe they just nerf the cool down or something, which we do not really need anyways with the playstyle of this build

"
markuskanada wrote:
"
rag100 wrote:

Hey, im not OP, but generally spoken ED is pretty much THE #1 best league starter in this game. And leveling it with spellslinger makes it even more fun (and faster), you just likely hit a wall with spellslinger maybe around yellow\red maps, where you make the swap to classic (self cast) ED.

This being said, patch notes including nerfs will be out soon.
Lets hope ED\contagion stays untouched. Spellslinger will be hit hard I guess, but maybe its still good enough for leveling with ED. Maybe they just nerf the cool down or something, which we do not really need anyways with the playstyle of this build

ED's a safe bet if you want to pick something before patch notes indeed. It's always been reliably good.

Explody chests are on my nerf radar, maybe as much as aura stacking and spellslinger.
I really hope explo chests stay one more league, but I don't have high hopes...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info