[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Is this build HC viable?
I just wanted to post one more time before this league starts dying down and give the OP a huge THANK YOU for this build, and the effort he has put into it!

This is my first league and first time playing POE. I am currently 39/40 challenges and this build has allowed me to complete ALL content. Every boss, every map, every challenge. I did this and I am not even NEAR min/maxed.

I understand that I could of pushed out more DPS with other variations but I LOVE the survive-ability, the dodge, and the overall balance this build has.

The guide has taught me to craft, even without harvest - I was using fossils, and essences, the crafting bench, and making all my gear "sell more to the vendor" ... just because the OP does it for fun. Twice the OP crafted a bow for me and I had very little currency at the time to tip him.

I probably won't be playing this build next league - because I want to test out other ascendancy and builds. But I have this guide bookmarked and I guarantee I'll be back to check out what is going on with this one!

Many Thanks,
#Nutrageous
"
Wes07 wrote:
Is this build HC viable?

Doable, but there's better.

This build uses mainly soft mitigation to not die. While it does have a large EHP pool to survive oneshots and become extremely durable, the hard defences only kick in later in the gearing process. So there's aan odd spot where you're very vulnerable in HC, between yelow tiers and late reds before you're fully geared. At this time, unlucky dodge procs on overlaps are very scary.
A few folks have found success doing this in HC, but CI glancing blows is a much popular choice for ED-C HC (I don't know if it's better, I don't play HC. But I'd guess).

In non leaguestart (also non ssf) scenarios where you can just by stuff (also, hyrri's, vertex and co are somehow cheap in hc), it's pretty good though.
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Sep 1, 2020, 3:48:57 AM
"
Wes07 wrote:
Is this build HC viable?

If you know what to reroll on maps (unlucky dodge, regen), you should be ok.
Threw together a basic setup on my old standard character in an hour as wanted to test the playstyle, feels a bit odd (ED on space/Cont Mouse2 - open to suggestions on better bindings) and will take some getting used to but even with utterly awful gems/gear it did alright. I've taken the last few leagues off so looking forward to jumping in on 3.12 and using this as a league starter.

Thanks for the time you have taken putting this all together.
"
dsxy wrote:
Threw together a basic setup on my old standard character in an hour as wanted to test the playstyle, feels a bit odd (ED on space/Cont Mouse2 - open to suggestions on better bindings) and will take some getting used to but even with utterly awful gems/gear it did alright. I've taken the last few leagues off so looking forward to jumping in on 3.12 and using this as a league starter.

Thanks for the time you have taken putting this all together.

I just let my fingers roll on W (cont) and E (ED) and use R for flame dash, I drop totems with right mouse, and Q for blight. Wheel is Vaal Blight.

And LOL, as Dark said, this build is pretty good!
Pretty good, that is hilarious, this is the most fun build I have ever played!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
I use right click for ED as that's what you don't want to miss. Use Q for contagion, then WERT for blight/totems/portal/vaal blight not in that order.
Mouse5 (side button) for flame dash.
Currently have these rings and amulet:

Is it worth losing the current crafts to pick up the 3 endurance charges?
"
saxisa wrote:
Currently have these rings and amulet:

Is it worth losing the current crafts to pick up the 3 endurance charges?

probably, yes. Note that endurance charge is a suffix, so you can only put it on your sapphire ring...
Still. Endurance charges give 12% phys reduction, which is for this build about 15% more ehp against physical damage (which is most the damage we take). It's really good.
Hello,

I skipped Harvest but played a lot of ED in the past. Also having used your build as a general guide. Love ED.

My question is, whats up with all the Spellslinger stuff?
When I started to do some research today, I bumped into many vids\guides\people saying its the best ED experience ever. What are the advantages?
Would you recommend it for leveling and then going back to normal ED later in end game?

I bet this has been discussed tons of times in here, im sorry!

You are great!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info