[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
Hey, this is my first league trying to craft items myself. wanted to post it somewhere to see how I did. (Yes someone else did crafts I didn't have in bench but the rest is myself) I was going to follow the ???EX guide but I thought I had to go through the 10esx then to that but I'm not too sure.

(Side note: I did have it at 30% but I dumbly thought "I got 8 more perfect fossils I can do better")
did not do better, and i couldn't find someone to help with 18% craft but did find an individual that helped me with 6 sockets, multi-mod, and cannot roll attack mod. didn't charge a fee either was pretty happy as some I asked wanted 50-70c.

I have only been playing POE off and on I think around legion. In this league, I decided to try and work for my own item instead of using people's old ones.
(I'm very new to alot of things so any criticism is well accepted)

been loving this build very much appreciate the work and effort into making this guide.

The only thing I'm having trouble with is survivability mostly against bosses, though I may have screwed up on my dodge % not sure been trying to figure it out.

And I have yet to kill sirus I'm only on awaker 5 I think. guardians are annoying I get one shot a few times sirus is more of a pain.
(Fought him once after watching a video on info on him<-thought i was prepared died horridly don't think I chipped off more than 25% by the end)

my current gear for anyone interested in giving me ANY type of tips to improve.
Spoiler

I know this was a long reply I apologize it was initially to see if I buggered my bow up and getting opinions here. figured I'd mention my survivability in one go too.

That bow is totally fine I think.

Regarding the rest of the gear I would first try to get better jewellery. The amulet and the rings aren't that good tbh. And you should try to get some quality on your gems in your ED bow. Harvest has some crafting options for that if you plant T2 Vivid razorleg seeds (add quality to gems or get gemcutter prisms from corrupted gems that have quality).

In general check the first page of this thread. Darkxellmc has a lot of explanations there (thx for that btw) what you should have on which item so you should be able to improve your gear step by step.
"
ElzerAdler wrote:
"
Hey, this is my first league trying to craft items myself. wanted to post it somewhere to see how I did. (Yes someone else did crafts I didn't have in bench but the rest is myself) I was going to follow the ???EX guide but I thought I had to go through the 10esx then to that but I'm not too sure.

(Side note: I did have it at 30% but I dumbly thought "I got 8 more perfect fossils I can do better")
did not do better, and i couldn't find someone to help with 18% craft but did find an individual that helped me with 6 sockets, multi-mod, and cannot roll attack mod. didn't charge a fee either was pretty happy as some I asked wanted 50-70c.

I have only been playing POE off and on I think around legion. In this league, I decided to try and work for my own item instead of using people's old ones.
(I'm very new to alot of things so any criticism is well accepted)

been loving this build very much appreciate the work and effort into making this guide.

The only thing I'm having trouble with is survivability mostly against bosses, though I may have screwed up on my dodge % not sure been trying to figure it out.

And I have yet to kill sirus I'm only on awaker 5 I think. guardians are annoying I get one shot a few times sirus is more of a pain.
(Fought him once after watching a video on info on him<-thought i was prepared died horridly don't think I chipped off more than 25% by the end)

my current gear for anyone interested in giving me ANY type of tips to improve.
Spoiler

I know this was a long reply I apologize it was initially to see if I buggered my bow up and getting opinions here. figured I'd mention my survivability in one go too.

That bow is totally fine I think.

Regarding the rest of the gear I would first try to get better jewellery. The amulet and the rings aren't that good tbh. And you should try to get some quality on your gems in your ED bow. Harvest has some crafting options for that if you plant T2 Vivid razorleg seeds (add quality to gems or get gemcutter prisms from corrupted gems that have quality).

In general check the first page of this thread. Darkxellmc has a lot of explanations there (thx for that btw) what you should have on which item so you should be able to improve your gear step by step.

Thanks for that, I'll read more thoroughly. Wasn't sure if there were things mainly pointed at experienced players, and I know the rings weren't the best but my previous ones were godawful, I'll look around for decent rings.
Could I hear your opinions if I should remove cold res from helmet and add aspect of spider (do not have it in any gear) OR remove cold res from boots and try to slam redeemers exa for spell dodge? Is it possible to swap redeemers mod to another redeemer mod through harvest crafting if I end up getting wrong mod?
Last edited by Tarzanlepa on Jul 21, 2020, 8:41:03 AM
"
Tarzanlepa wrote:
Could I hear your opinions if I should remove cold res from helmet and add aspect of spider (do not have it in any gear) OR remove cold res from boots and try to slam redeemers exa for spell dodge? Is it possible to swap redeemers mod to another redeemer mod through harvest crafting if I end up getting wrong mod?

Regarding boots:
There are only 4 suffixes that redeemer orb can hit:
Chance to dodge attacks
Chance to dodge spells
Increase effect of non dmg ailments
Chance to get onslaught on kill.
Only onslaught has a tag so you And you can target remove it. First 3 can only be rerooled with remove/add influence mod seeds.
"
Valk_d wrote:
"
Tarzanlepa wrote:

Regarding boots:
Chance to dodge attacks
Chance to dodge spells
Only onslaught has a tag so you And you can target remove it. First 3 can only be rerooled with remove/add influence mod seeds.

So there indeed is remove/add influence mod seeds. Does it reroll only mods of existing influence or does it reroll redeemers to warlord or whatever at random? I am totally fine if rerolling inside redeemer mod pool costs up to 2 ex per roll.
"
Tarzanlepa wrote:
"
Valk_d wrote:
"
Tarzanlepa wrote:

Regarding boots:
Chance to dodge attacks
Chance to dodge spells

So there indeed is remove/add influence mod seeds. Does it reroll only mods of existing influence or does it reroll redeemers to warlord or whatever at random? I am totally fine if rerolling inside redeemer mod pool costs up to 2 ex per roll.

it will only roll in the redeemer pool
Great, then I'll get me some extra chance to dodge :)

What would be bis cluster jewel now that jewel sockets are implicit instead of explicit?
"
Tarzanlepa wrote:
Great, then I'll get me some extra chance to dodge :)

What would be bis cluster jewel now that jewel sockets are implicit instead of explicit?

They're enchants, not implicit. Not that it changes much.

I went for Flow of life + exposure therapy, and double t1 ele res.

The absolute bis would be all elemental res + t1 eleres, but that's very hard to get. They're pretty easy to craft, btw:

- Get a ilvl84+ base
- alt spam flow of life
- regal annul (or harvest annul)
- augment any elemental twice. This can only roll suffixes.
- Augment chaos, -+ chaos if necessary. Exposure therapy is extremely common, shoud be very easy to get.
- -+ the elemental rolls for t1 resistances. 2 tries on average for both.
- Try to get ignite avoidance implicit
Hey there. After half-year absence of playing ED I've decided to play it once more in Harverst.
Over the years, pure endgame ED was always low life (due to free dmg and auras ofc). Could you tell me why are ppl shifting towards Life playstyle, even in endgame scenario?
"
Xenhil wrote:
Hey there. After half-year absence of playing ED I've decided to play it once more in Harverst.
Over the years, pure endgame ED was always low life (due to free dmg and auras ofc). Could you tell me why are ppl shifting towards Life playstyle, even in endgame scenario?

It really depends on what you're looking for in a build.
If you consider "true endgame" a damage test and just want to push singletarget to the maximum, Lowlife still is the best.

Past the point where I kill everything in less than 5 seconds, I prefer having a well rounded setup that scales other things than damage.

- A lowlife occultist is probably the best damage you can get. As in, double what I output with minmaxed gear here. But occultist is much slower than trickster (both movementspeed and castspeed), and a bit squishier. I overall don't like it at all, it's slow, that's not why I build an ED character.

- A lowlife trickster is a good compromise of speed and damage.
But shavs is awful synergy with the trickster ascendancy, having to travel to the far left from shadow's start is rough, mana sustain isn't trivial (ed+cont is a 150 mana cost cast). The almost mandatory of presence of chayula and soul strike (for es and stun immunity) means you loose on the opportunity of a +2/dotmulti amulet, which gives you as much damage as being lowlife in the first place. After the nerfs of glancing blows, it's hard to be really tanky on a pure es trickster. You have a decent ehp pool to avoid oneshots (~8-9k max), and good regen from ed. Being lowlife, zealotry and skitterbots access more than makes up for these cons in raw damage.
Also, never forget: More damage on ed is more regen, and less time for the enemies to kill you. This is especially true in the new extremely deadly t19 100% delirious maps.
Lowlife also hits damage spikes earlier, making it imo actually the best "medium budget" option. Lowlife fills the gear gap you need to start feeling good in t16 maps right away, life based relies more on gear for damage.
Havoc has a really good guide i recommend checking out. It's well informed and how I would build a lowlife edtrickster. TLDR: more damage, squishier, just as fast.

- This setup capitalises on how OP dodge has become lately. He have more and more access to dodge chance everywhere. Elusive on the tree, dodge boots, Hyrri's ire makes reaching the cap easy. Wind dancer is also extremely good at mitigating the inherent problems of dodge based builds (oneshots).
On top of that, hybrid EB+MoM is still omegastrong. I'm currently sitting at over 9k ehp on my setup. That's before my 20% phys mitigation, wind dancer or ghost shrouds. To put this into perspective, a shaper slam deals about 55% of my life when it hits me. If it hits me at all, since it has 91% chance to deal 0 damage. and I get all my es back instantly from ghost shrouds, so I could tank an other one immediately.
But it's not all bright. As I said, not only it's lower damage (slightly tho, honnestly), but the damage comes from gear, which means you get your dps powerspikes much later. It relies on blight to reach 5M+ dps, which is arguably clunky to use. Most ed setups use blight anyways because infused channeling is a thing, but it's still a con to rely on it imo.

Then, you need to know if you're ready to sacrifice gear space for quality of life.
Can you loose 3 jewelry suffixes for 3 endurance charges? Do you have space for reduces flask usage on your belt? Do you have a reliable (read: non flask relient) solution for mana sustain? Do you want to stack a ton of movement and cast speed? Do you even care about tankyness in the first place?
These are the questions you need to answer to pick your setup. Nowadays, even a spellslinger trickster clears all content (Don't try it unless you are very confident you know what you are doing tho). Pick what feels the most comfortable to you, that's what'll be fun in the end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info