[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
Is that item better then a six link ED thought?

I also don't really know at what point to switch from spellslinger to the normal build. Wondering when it will fall off.

ofc its not better... there is a reason why u switch to selfcast ED/C around red maps... sure u can force the spellslinger playstyle out of lazyness but normal ED/C is way stronger in the end.

this is a 5c craft (4c for the essence and 1c for the base) and for that its more then fine...

edit: and to clarify the justification, this "fith-link" reserves no additional mana with spellslinger (every real 5 or 6link would do so and would make the spellslinger combo of soulrend/ED/contagion with one button click impossible or realy hard to pull off -> reduced mana reservation everywhere)
Last edited by sasori1337 on Jun 21, 2020, 5:42:29 AM
"
aKrychek wrote:
"
nanukotu wrote:
So far i'm following the guide to the letter and sitting at lvl 68 with 2.5k hp
I don't see how we are supposed to live through anything even a freaking white mob in t2 maps hit you for 30-40% of your hp and we can't take mind over matter before we get hyrri's ire so i don't see how it's possible to live through anything at this point, i have roughly 40-60 hp on my current items so i guess the only way forward is to just off screen enemies 1 by 1 and hope exalts drop so i can buy hyrri's ire.

I agree a lot with this.

This is my second league, I played Brand Archmage and Necro last league. Going from Act 1 to maps was a breeze.

Now, I followed this Leveling guide for this build as starter. This leveling guide is fucked up. In acts 8-10 you get one shooted by any boss. I died like a shitload of times. And I'm not a clueless guy, I know how to play. I repeat, the leveling guide is completely trash for those acts.

This is not a “facetank trololol” build during leveling. If you stand in front of a boss’s telegraphed slam, yes you will die.

Many builds brute force their way through bosses by bursting them down instantly with single target dps. This build can’t do that (especially not in the midgame) so you will have to dodge the boss attacks while you wait for them to die to your DOTs. Snipe them with Blight when you get an opening but *dont* just stand there channeling while the boss changes up a huge slam.
Last edited by evouga on Jun 21, 2020, 5:45:54 AM
For bosses, unless you make a point of maxing resists and having life on every piece of gear, you should just dodge. I leveled with a chaos spellslinger variant but the playing style is the same. You tag them with your chaos skill, prioritize not getting hit and damage further when it is safe - IN THIS ORDER.

I died once during leveling and once in 50 maps, both times due to extreme overconfidence (which made me play in the heavily lagging instances instead of creating new ones).

I'd say you should switch out from spellslinger after you've done some white maps, around level 72-75. It is a very pleasant style but the damage is lacking once you move past tier 2-3 maps. You could extend that with good crafts a bit but not by much and I'd say it's not worth investing in it.
"
I'd say you should switch out from spellslinger after you've done some white maps, around level 72-75. It is a very pleasant style but the damage is lacking once you move past tier 2-3 maps. You could extend that with good crafts a bit but not by much and I'd say it's not worth investing in it.

while i agree that you should not "invest" in it, i would say 10c is totally fine and hardly a investment... if u like the playstyle those 10c carrie u into red maps and u can resell them 100% (probably for more then 10c lol).

in the end it comes down to -> how lazy am i?!

anyway, since this is a ED/C guide i agree... guys, switch to selfcast when u hit maps!

we dont take the chaos nodes "corruption" and "atrophy" anymore? and is 'wind dancer" worth pathing down to since its so far away?
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Jun 21, 2020, 7:42:25 AM
I've been lvling with this and it is awesome. lvl 84 atm and owning maps.
I use a 4 link bane, despair, efficacy and swift affliction. It melts creeps - but i want to know whether contagion setup would be stronger?
Would you still recommend ED for this league, or are other setups stronger for tricksters this league?
I noticed you are running bane+blight, what are the pros of those 2 skills?
Hi,

can guide me with the mana reserve issue? where can i get the reduced mana reserve to achieve this build thanks
Is there a guide for the chaoslinger version? Couldn't find one.
"
Gnorakir wrote:
Would you still recommend ED for this league, or are other setups stronger for tricksters this league?
I noticed you are running bane+blight, what are the pros of those 2 skills?

"
Krist90 wrote:
I've been lvling with this and it is awesome. lvl 84 atm and owning maps.
I use a 4 link bane, despair, efficacy and swift affliction. It melts creeps - but i want to know whether contagion setup would be stronger?

Bane is imo a better clearing skill for as long as you don't have enough cast speed+aoe. Personally, I like playing ED from the point I get both onslaught and witchfire brew.
Bane is super pog for early mapping, as it freely applies despair, doesn't suffer from the lower cast speed, and early maps aren't dense enough. Ed's better later, because of the insane chains of course.
This is why you'll see me with bane + blight. Blight's op singletarget, and I don't mind the few death to channel it despite missing key defense layers.

"
ktankw wrote:
Hi,

can guide me with the mana reserve issue? where can i get the reduced mana reserve to achieve this build thanks

Enlighten 3 in the vertex, or enlighten 4. Needs to be linked to discipline and malev. Fleshandstone / aspect can be unlinked. You only use either aspect of F&S, not both (unless you are runing diadem setup).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info