[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
Vinsdvalh wrote:
What's the actual gameplay between totems, ED and contagion ?

Cast contagion on a pack (does nothing on its own), then cast ED on a mob of the pack.
ED kills that mob instantly, and since it was affected by contagion, it spreads both contagion and ed on death in a very large radius around him.
This chain reacts and clears the whole screen.

We use blight on much tougher targets to supplement lacking singletarget damage.

Wither totem is for bosses with a LOT of health, especially these where we can pre cast a few totems.

"
imalastso1 wrote:
can you play two EDtricksters together, does the ED stack on monsters with other players that use ED ?

Yes, EDs from two different players stack and each deal their own damage.
In fact, they'd boost each other, if you use a -9 chaos helmet.
Despair and wither don't stack, of course.

"
Viktranka wrote:

There's no "I win" button, herald stackers got nerfed, and even those needed 20-100x that budget to reach the "destroy everything, never die" status. And STILL you'd see so many posts on reddit in the poe builds section "I'm struggling with building my herald stacker, help!"

Cough cough Ball lightning mines Cough

Joke aside, I fully aggree with this, and I think there's a fatal flaw in the way we (build creators) present builds.
Why do I even have "2M dps" in my title? The build never deals 2M dps. I currently deal about 5M, but in 2 days in harvest, I'll be happy if I deal 300k... Poe's about progression after all.

We're missleading people by giving the entry budget for builds next to the endgame results, completely omitting the progression aspect, which is like, the whole game.

"
zcythustk wrote:
Most people don't know that 2m DOT DPS is solely another story with high melee dps, mostly people who never played boss killers or never rush to kill end game bosses early of the league, it's like why 800k dps stormbrand uber elder kill time is comparable melee's millions dps build.

Don't bother, you're loosing your time ^^'
@Darkxellmc
"We're missleading people by giving the entry budget for builds next to the endgame results, completely omitting the progression aspect, which is like, the whole game."

I don't think you are doing that at all. I just watched a youtube about 5 league starters plowing through content. One or them was an RF build, looked amazing... lol and behold.. chest piece 6 link shav +1 socket gems and +2 socketed Aoe gems. It goes for a mirror in standard.. no where in the video does it tell you how to progress. In your guide you have the breakdown at different cost points.
Ign = touchmytreestrees
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
Cough cough Ball lightning mines Cough
Won't the slower projectile nerf hit them?

Anyway even for a skill that can reach very high damage on a very low investment like ball mines, I've seen people complain about squishyness or slow map clear especially with starter gear, so I'm not sure if it's a "fool proof" build.

Also I wonder why popular streamers don't league start with ball mines then, while VD necro and ED contagion trickster are on the menu of a lot of them?

"
darkphalenxz1 wrote:
I just watched a youtube about 5 league starters plowing through content. One or them was an RF build,
RF build as a starter? And that's actually a new, up to date video after clusters nerf? Colour me very surprised. Even in 3.10 Fast AF youtuber did "budget" RF build as some form of community challenge and he said on a budget this build will get stuck in yellow maps. Can you link / PM the video I wanna see this...
Last edited by Viktranka on Jun 18, 2020, 12:47:51 PM
"
Also I wonder why popular streamers don't league start with ball mines then, while VD necro and ED contagion trickster are on the menu of a lot of them?

well, in a racing scenario with some kind of relevant price on the line, many would probably do so...

oos/fb/mine is still faster if u actually know what ur doing.

but lets be honest here... with spell slinger on the table, why would u go for such a carpaltunnel infusing playstyle when u can do a 100% viable leaguestart with a 1/2 button build that requires less respecc or no respecc at all and has asside from some links no gear requirement.

u would be kinda masochistic to not do it^^

Thanks a lot for the time and effort you put into this. I'm a noob, this will be my first league start and I'm really happy with the thorough guide, especially the gear progression section and flow charts!
Very detailed guide! I really love it, and this will be my league start. Though I'll level as chaos slinger and use bane to clear maps instead of contagion.

BTW, will you update the flow chart to 3.11 version? I think there should be very little changes, except the Brutal Restraint part?
Last edited by fangfang830617 on Jun 18, 2020, 3:06:13 PM
This is a fantastic guide. I've used ED/Contagion a bit for Legion league but will make this my bread and butter. I'm hoping this is viable for 36/36. First League I want to push for challenges. The Flowcharts are amazing.

Can't wait to get started. thank you!
Just wanted to add yet one more post of praise for the way this guide is put together. And the crafting tips for those who are new to that... invaluable!

Also really appreciate the feedback and responses you've given to so many in here. Most builds I look at don't do that and it's very nice to see here. Great stuff, keep up the amazing work!
I just read the whole guide, amazing work! I've never played PoE seriously, tried ED/C once in a Legion league i think.. But now I decided i should start from the 1st day of the Harvest league.. Once again, I enjoyed reading your guide, and can't wait for a complete PoB.. Tyvm! This will be my league starter! :)
I agree with all this "chaos dot dps is better than melee dps" and it's why I never bother with comparing different builds in PoB. A well written guide is a much better predictor of success than a number in PoB.

Shaper DPS is a bad unit anyway. I'm not blaming writers of build guides as it's a custom and it's about the only thing around. PoB just needs to measure things in Shapers per Minute. Or for build efficiency, Shapers per Exalt Minute or something, idk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info