[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
If this guide exists with updates for 3.11, I am going to league start with it. Thanks for all the 3.10 fun!

There's most likely going to be pretty large changes for 3.11.
My goal with this is to provide the best allround way to play ED trickster (for damage, survivability and progression path), and I feel like EB hybrid is not quite going to be it in 3.11.

You're welcome, glad you enjoyed 3.10 playing ED!
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Jun 10, 2020, 5:54:14 PM
Good or bad news?

Elusive is on the normal tree now next to soul thief / power charge.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2869570

I think that's pretty good since it's close to Shadow area already.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jun 10, 2020, 6:52:10 PM
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
If this guide exists with updates for 3.11, I am going to league start with it. Thanks for all the 3.10 fun!

There's most likely going to be pretty large changes for 3.11.
My goal with this is to provide the best allround way to play ED trickster (for damage, survivability and progression path), and I feel like EB hybrid is not quite going to be it in 3.11.

You're welcome, glad you enjoyed 3.10 playing ED!

"I feel like EB hybrid is not quite going to be it in 3.11."

Wait so you would recommend not to follow your skill tree and setup? Do you think pure ES is going to be better? Elusive is now its own node on the tree directly to the top left of Soul Thief too now. Nice buff?
"
Viktranka wrote:
Good or bad news?

This is a buff. In points, it's the equivalent of adding a 1 point jewel socket on our tree, since we got the node for 3 point and a socket last league. It also reduces costs, since you don't need a cluster jewel. Actually an insane node here, this is a very large buff to dodge based tricksters overall.

"

Wait so you would recommend not to follow your skill tree and setup? Do you think pure ES is going to be better? Elusive is now its own node on the tree directly to the top left of Soul Thief too now. Nice buff?

I still think hybrid maxdodge ED is going to be very strong.
It's just that the way to split the damage should probably change. MoM + EB is cute and works very well, but costs a lot of points. Corrupted soul is much lighter on the points requirements, and I think will be a superior choice. Pretty much nothing changes gear wise, but the tree would be significantly different. Over the leagues (since legion), there's more and more things that are worth picking up on the tree. I still think wind dancer is worth 5 points, so we need to get them from somewhere.

I'm just waiting for the last timeless jewel keystone reveals, maybe there's something so OP we don't want to use corrupted soul, but I doubt it.

Edit: btw, the nerf to glancing blow is a very hard hit to pure es, which typically went "maxblock" using it. It's still viable, bu certainly not the best defense wise anymore.
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Jun 11, 2020, 4:09:14 AM
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
Viktranka wrote:
Good or bad news?

This is a buff. In points, it's the equivalent of adding a 1 point jewel socket on our tree, since we got the node for 3 point and a socket last league. It also reduces costs, since you don't need a cluster jewel. Actually an insane node here, this is a very large buff to dodge based tricksters overall.

"

I still think hybrid maxdodge ED is going to be very strong.
It's just that the way to split the damage should probably change. MoM + EB is cute and works very well, but costs a lot of points. Corrupted soul is much lighter on the points requirements, and I think will be a superior choice. Pretty much nothing changes gear wise, but the tree would be significantly different. Over the leagues (since legion), there's more and more things that are worth picking up on the tree. I still think wind dancer is worth 5 points, so we need to get them from somewhere.

I'm just waiting for the last timeless jewel keystone reveals, maybe there's something so OP we don't want to use corrupted soul, but I doubt it.

Edit: btw, the nerf to glancing blow is a very hard hit to pure es, which typically went "maxblock" using it. It's still viable, but certainly not the best defense wise anymore.

Corrupted soul seems tricky. To me it reads something like "Take 50% more damage" since its going directly to your hp

Im wondering if wind dancer will still be available from the timeless jewel... have they said anything? Your mention of glancing blow nerfs makes me think that's the case, I didn't see any numbers nerfs.
Hello,

I have these gloves:

Any advice what to craft on them?

I thought about;

-save Suffix
-scour Prefixes
-craft Multi
-craft Life
-craft increased damage during flask effect (16-18%)

Your thoughts?

Thank you

"

Corrupted soul seems tricky. To me it reads something like "Take 50% more damage" since its going directly to your hp

Im wondering if wind dancer will still be available from the timeless jewel... have they said anything? Your mention of glancing blow nerfs makes me think that's the case, I didn't see any numbers nerfs.

Nah. If you take 50% of damage to life directly, you won't take it as es.
The main problem with traditional hybrid builds (and the reason why no one does them besides necros) is because you put too much of a strain on your ES recovery.
If you have 5k life and 4k es, you should be looking at 9k ehp. But often, the small hits you often take means the 4k shield barrier is down, and you're actually vulnerable sitting at barely 5-6k ehp instead of 9k.
If half the damage bypasses your ES, you can make use of life regen while your ES recover, and overall your EHP will be much higher. This is why we're going EB+MoM in the first place, splitting damage between health pools is much more effective than stacking them next to one another.

Wind dancer, and all keystones added to the tree are getting removed from timeless jewels. New timeless keystones are replacing them.
Re: changes to the guide in 3.11:
The quality of the guide you wrote is what made this so great, so really what I should have said is that if you make a guide next league, I'm going to play whatever the guide is. I guess it's impossible to have a guide this good without figuring out the good interactions too, so that's part of it. But as someone who only understands the interactions once they're explained to me (in a guide like this), in the end it's the guide I wind up appreciating.

Having said that, I'm glad you don't know me well enough to get a lot of delight out of trolling me by making a Righteous Fire Pathfinder guide or something.
Last edited by derpderpderpderpderp on Jun 11, 2020, 12:05:32 PM
"
trolling me by making a Righteous Fire Pathfinder guide or something.
Well someone already made one in the past! However I think he left it after it suffered some nerfs to flasks.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2653996/page/1 If you're curious...
"
Viktranka wrote:

LOL tyvm. I prefer RF builds that require at most one button, but that's a really interesting interaction.

Edit: The existence of this also shows that my suspicion earlier that I don't know what's going on in this game is correct. I don't actually know how to come up with an example of a build that isn't viable.
Last edited by derpderpderpderpderp on Jun 11, 2020, 3:05:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info