[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

For Deonix:

You could add some +lightning / cold resist onto your cluster jewels (fairly easy with Harvest, and removing small jewels doesn't cost any orbs of regrets, so you can just drag them out & craft it & it give you the 2 points for free to re-allocate once crafting is done). This would hopefully allow you to get the spell block Abyss jewel (with +ES/mana of course)

For the small cluster jewel, although you have Stalwart Commander, the evasion base is pointless. Much better to swap for +armour or +ES base

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/GvlgRj8hb
or
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/ZKWDgJ6SQ

I don't mind manually summoning my golem, so put a level 1 clarity jewel in, meaning I can use https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/3WEM5t5 which adds a Huge amount of ES (about 1700), but use PoB to check what yours would be and make sure you aren't reserving too much or too little mana. I know Vatinas doesn't like using this with the manual summoning and lower armour though, so personal choice.
"
Zypherlol wrote:
Any way to get ailment immunity? Burning damage kinda hurts alot.

It's a problem indeed! The nodes we chose before Anointed Flesh grant us 20% reduced ignite duration, and Soul of Abberath grants us another 50% reduced, for a total of 70%, as well as making us immune to burning ground and reducing the fire damage taken while we move (which is basically all the time, due to the nature of Cyclone). I actually ended up using it permanently instead of Ralakesh, but haven't updated the guide about it yet, I'll do so soon. :)

For me, this is enough to very easily run everything, including the Enslaver who is infamous for inflicting a lot of powerful ignites. I'm planning to grab the small 30% reduced ignite duration before Anointed Flesh as my lvl 100 node, but if Abberath isn't enough for you, you can grab it before.
Last edited by Vatinas on Jul 23, 2020, 9:28:18 AM
Hey guys, so i just read the build guide and it looks really cool.

My only question is i hate cyclone as a skill, i saw that the leveling guide uses Dominating blow? is there a major reason why cyclone is better than this in mapping?

Any other skills people have swapped cyclone out for?
Vatinas states this in his OP.

This build stacks up a lot of defensive layers, and can therefore be in the melee pretty much all the time. We use this freedom to hit enemies in order to summon the Herald of Purity sentinels. In order to do so, we need a skill that’s usable with a dagger (since we use Arakaali’s Fang, see Gear section for more info) and that hits very frequently.

Cyclone is a great candidate for such a skill, and works perfectly, but ultimately, if there is another skill you prefer, feel free to experiment with it!

Maybe just experiment with lvl 1 skill gems to see if you get a skill you like?
Thanks for this truly awesome build ! I am very new to POE and just couldn't figure out how to stay alive until I tried this build.

I also didn't really care much for Cyclone either at first mostly due to the movement speed penalty. My solution was to swap out the boots with The Stampede annointed with Arcane Guarding and then I used a crazy harvest crafted Stygian Vise with T1 resists and ES/mana and then enchanted it with Armour/ES. I also use Dash for my movement skill. It feels really really smooth to me now.
"
Dobarn wrote:
For Deonix:

You could add some +lightning / cold resist onto your cluster jewels (fairly easy with Harvest, and removing small jewels doesn't cost any orbs of regrets, so you can just drag them out & craft it & it give you the 2 points for free to re-allocate once crafting is done). This would hopefully allow you to get the spell block Abyss jewel (with +ES/mana of course)

For the small cluster jewel, although you have Stalwart Commander, the evasion base is pointless. Much better to swap for +armour or +ES base

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/GvlgRj8hb
or
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/ZKWDgJ6SQ

I don't mind manually summoning my golem, so put a level 1 clarity jewel in, meaning I can use https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/3WEM5t5 which adds a Huge amount of ES (about 1700), but use PoB to check what yours would be and make sure you aren't reserving too much or too little mana. I know Vatinas doesn't like using this with the manual summoning and lower armour though, so personal choice.

I did 75% spell block with corrupted shield, so I don't need to take this mod on Abyss Jewels. I understand that I can take a shield with Phys Reduction, but in my opinion resists are a little more important on maps.

About Small Cluster Jewel. Thanks for pointing this out to me, I forgot I put a piece of garbage in there with the wrong base. Now I have this bad boy.

Last edited by Deonix_ on Jul 24, 2020, 7:21:46 AM
I feel like the sentinels of purity don't do any damage, I was fighting Sirus and just wanted to see the sentinel damage but without the spiders the life bar doesn't even move.. :|

I also have issues with Legion Monoliths, Blights and Delirium when they appear in my maps. I only farm t16 chiseled, alch and corrupted maps with A8.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it because of the lvl 3 Empower? Should I just upgrade it ? Idk what to do, map clearing it's still amazing but if I get a 30%+ more monster life on the map mods it's impossible to clear Alva, Blight, Legion, Delirium and it's annoying because I'm losing a lot of money.

And btw this build is still not tanky enough for the T3+ harvest monsters, I got one shoted with 6.680es and 90k armour. GGG should really look at those dmg numbers, I found harvest mobs that have more hp and dmg than Sirus xD
I also wonder what exactly HoPs do. As far as I can understand, they are here only for ES and the damage buff with Cluster Jewel. But why is Empower 4 needed in this case? Why do we need to increase their damage? As far as I understand, they do not directly buff spiders.

But I still really like the build. Yes, you won't be able to do all the activities, but the build quickly cleans up the maps, kills bosses and almost never dies.

P.S. Harvest mobs are tough. They kill me more often than Sirus. :D
As a question to everyone, does anyone know any other (nearly) invincible build that clear as well as this one?
"
Seraphgrim wrote:
"
Vatinas wrote:

"
Seraphgrim wrote:

The build stipulates a total of 45% reduced mana reservation across two Circle of Guilt rings, and I have 48% on the one ring there. As such, I can run all three auras without needing the second Circle. I'm wondering if, as a result, I would be best served to go ahead and invest in a second Circle (further reduce mana reservation and buff my sentinels' damage) or if there's another ring that might be a better option.

I'm glad you're enjoying the build! :)

A 40% (or 48%) reduced HoP mana reservation ring is definitely a godsend! There are three main things that you could do.

1) Use a Dream Fragments to get immunity to freeze and chill; it's what I used to do, but since we now grab Anointed Flesh, I don't think it's worth a ring slot.

2) Use a second Circle ring, and use a rare belt with Aspect of the Spider. You would lose a lot of minion movement speed, and would "only" have 72% spell block, but you'd gain around 10% global DPS.

3) Use a rare ring with Aspect of the Spider, a lot of flat mana, and other stats you might want. I remember I used a "reduced effect of curses on you" ring a few leagues back, which is a dirt cheap mod that greatly increases quality of life and survivability in curse maps. (It also allowed to me to do Atziri and her curse reflection more easily).

Hey hey, Vatinas! I went ahead and did option #3, crafted myself a ring with Reduced Curses, Flat Mana (not as high a roll as I would've liked), and Aspect of the Spider. I don't have enough unreserved mana to run the Aspect of the Spider though - I have 15% unreserved mana available, and the tooltip shows that Aspect of the Spider requires 23% mana. What am I missing here?

I'm only level 90 (chugging along!) but I have the Enlighten Lvl4 on my Determination/Discipline auras, and all of the "reduced mana reservation" nodes on the Path of Building. I can see where I could get some "1% reduced mana reserved" on some jewels and such that might help - is that actually what I need, or is there something I missed here to need to be able to use the Aspect of the Spider?

Man, this build is a lot of fun, Vatinas. I've done Sirus A8 for the first time, I'm doing lots of T16's, even a few with 100% delirium, and I'm chugging along knocking out Elder/Shaper guardians. It's a little fiddly to get started (especially playing in a group sometimes) but once I get going, it's like a runaway train. This is the best time I've had playing PoE. Up to level 93, and chugging my way along!

I see that the build has changed a bit from when I purchased all my gear and built my character about a month ago - Vulnerability instead of Despair on gloves, no more Enlighten on auras, etc. I'm still wanting to get this Aspect of the Spider ring up and working, since I did spend about 7 ex of currency on it. Would changing to the new version of the build help with that? Keep in mind, I'm using a single Circle of Guilt, at 48% mana reduction on HoP. Aside from swapping the Despair gloves for Vulnerability, it looks like the new version swaps the Enlighten on the auras for an Increased Duration Support on the other buffs (Molten Shell, Spirit Offering, Rallying Cry).
Last edited by Seraphgrim on Jul 25, 2020, 4:24:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info