[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

80 lvl, 5.5k ES, 76k armor with flask. Attack/Spell block 75%/72%. I am constantly dying, literally on every second map. In the video, TS ignored all the attacks of Sirus, but I don’t feel that I can do the same. Is 3% Spell Block so important?

Damage to a single target is very low, even with Melee Physical Damage instead of Melee Splash. I didn’t take everything in the tree, but again I can’t imagine how to kill Sirus with such damage.

I'm not saying that the build is bad, but it feels like I'm doing something wrong. Character: DedPerdonix. Profile is open.

"
Deonix_ wrote:
80 lvl, 5.5k ES, 76k armor with flask. Attack/Spell block 75%/72%. I am constantly dying, literally on every second map. In the video, TS ignored all the attacks of Sirus, but I don’t feel that I can do the same. Is 3% Spell Block so important?

Damage to a single target is very low, even with Melee Physical Damage instead of Melee Splash. I didn’t take everything in the tree, but again I can’t imagine how to kill Sirus with such damage.

I'm not saying that the build is bad, but it feels like I'm doing something wrong. Character: DedPerdonix. Profile is open.

You shouldn't have both rings at 24% reduced mana reservation. It reduces your reserved mana and thus your energyshield (through ascendancy node). I have no idea how you are dying so often. When u start a map, pop your spiders and shielddash to the nearest pack. Make sure u cyclone a bit to activate fortify and zoom to next pack.
For you dmg, your gems are low level and without quality. Quality makes a huge difference. Also grab 'vulnerablity lvl 10/12 on hit' on gloves.
https://pastebin.com/1NL9k2Wr
Can someone tell me why i can't run HoP and the other auras? What am I missing?
Last edited by Wolfye01 on Jul 15, 2020, 2:07:57 PM
"
Wolfye01 wrote:
https://pastebin.com/1NL9k2Wr
Can someone tell me why i can't run HoP and the other auras? What am I missing?

Allocate this nodes.
First, a question: In your gems category, you have written "For hard boss fights, replace Melee Splash with Melee Physical Damage.". However, the image is a "Damage on Full Life Support". Can you clarify this for me?

Also, you can update the link for the medium cluster jewels, because of the update which changed cluster jewels.

You can have it like this instead: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/YymlR8bIY

Here is advice for anyone to create the jewel yourself relatively cheap.

You can buy the medium cluster jewel with just the correct enchants very cheap here: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/2nQ9GEohk

(note, I set item level to be between 68 and 74. 68 is required to roll Disciples. 74 is optional - it just eliminates the other possible prefixes from showing up from higher item levels, but if you have the augment from the seed it doesn't matter).

You need Wild Hellion Seeds (either keep an eye out for them as you play or just straight up buy them here):
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/mZ4mnEwf6

From the seeds, you want to save these if you see them, because the added physical modifier will always be Disciples (assuming you bought item level at or above 68):

"Augment a Magic or Rare item with a new Physical modifier"
"Augment a Magic or Rare item with a new Physical modifier with Lucky values"
"Remove a random non-Physical modifier from an item and add a new Physical modifier"

Starting with the jewel you buy, you:

1. Scouring it if it's rare and doesn't have cult-leader

2. Use orb of transmutation/alteration until the cluster jewel has cult-leader.

2.5. If it has cult-leader alone, use orb of augmentation.

3. When the jewel has both a prefix and suffix, use regal orb on it.

If a prefix is added:
If the prefix is Disciples, good job.
I the prefix is not Disciples, you need to either take a 50/50 gamble or start over with a scouring orb.

The 50/50 is, you use the "Remove a random non-Physical modifier from an item and add a new Physical modifier" to remove the prefix that isn't cult-leader. If cult-leader is removed, you need to start over (so the augment ends up being wasted).

If a suffix is added:
Use the "Augment a Magic or Rare item with a new Physical modifier"

You are done. You can keep it or you can sell it for 50c like I do.
"
eff_eff wrote:
First, a question: In your gems category, you have written "For hard boss fights, replace Melee Splash with Melee Physical Damage.". However, the image is a "Damage on Full Life Support". Can you clarify this for me?

Also, you can update the link for the medium cluster jewels, because of the update which changed cluster jewels.

Those two gems are interchangeable, since they have the same colour and same damage. I tend to use Melee Phys, since it has an awakened version, but before Awakened gems I used dmg on full life, hence the old gem link. Sorry!

And I will update the link to cluster jewels. :)
"
Deonix_ wrote:

I believe without the Vulnerabilty curse on hit gloves, you essentially have a 5l HoP since bloodlust requires a bleed ailment source. Also, this could be a weakness for a hexproof map. I switched out bloodlust for melee phys since I see a fair amount of hexproof maps. I don't think the build has another bleed ailment source from anywhere?
"
Novgov wrote:

I believe without the Vulnerabilty curse on hit gloves, you essentially have a 5l HoP since bloodlust requires a bleed ailment source. Also, this could be a weakness for a hexproof map. I switched out bloodlust for melee phys since I see a fair amount of hexproof maps. I don't think the build has another bleed ailment source from anywhere?

I hadn't slept for 16 hours by the time I finished buying gear for the build. I missed that I needed gloves with a curse. Already bought them.
Hello guys, trying to get all the gear needed for my Guardian. I´m looking for a pair of rings, but i have a question. How much each Fertile catalyst affect the "reduced mana reservation" mod of the ring?

Knowing that would be very helpful in order to check if the ring can reach the desired 23, and 22%.

Thanks!
"
MrWay wrote:
Hello guys, trying to get all the gear needed for my Guardian. I´m looking for a pair of rings, but i have a question. How much each Fertile catalyst affect the "reduced mana reservation" mod of the ring?

Knowing that would be very helpful in order to check if the ring can reach the desired 23, and 22%.

Thanks!

It's written in the guide, Gear section, ring subsection. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info