[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Would a Pure Agony jewel be worth it?

It is, but only if you manage to go above 45 Virulence, which isn't easy. Check if you manage to reach 40 consistently, and if you do, you can try to use a Pure Agony. :)

"
DK_Nani wrote:
Hello, thanks for amazing build! :)

I have question about HoP / HoA. You recommend for first time HoA. Is there some differencies in dmg or survivability?
Thanks for answer :)

If I'm not mistaken, I recommend HoP in the guide :o If I do recommend HoA somewhere, can you please let me know where it is, and I'll fix it? :)

As for the differences, HoA can help during the clear, but it's really not needed, and HoP has more damage, its damage is more consistent, and doesn't require you to hit 24/7 to deal full damage. That's why I'm planning to retire the HoA version when people are used to HoP. :)

"
Sudo22 wrote:
do u really need Carrion golem? its a pain to summon spiders with carrion. and switching weapons isnt that great :D

anyone knows the numbers or alternative for the golem?

regards

The huge buff that the golem grants is not the added phys damage itself, it's Feeding Frenzy, which is really powerful. It grants 10% more minion damage, and 10% increased minion attack speed, cast speed, and move speed. I really don't recommend taking it out. If you need help summoning the spiders, check the FAQ, or the videos I recorded.

"
IceLancerSR wrote:
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
Anyone else having issues with being unable to consistently spawn spiders with writhing jar due to carrion golem and HoP often sniping them? I've had a few boss fights where I go in with 1-2 hop or my carrion golem up and they just kill the worms before I can even reach them with cyclone, then I am sitting there dumbfounded with 0 spiders up.

Yeah that happens. But there is a way around it. Use death mark on target and while ur minions chase that target u step away slightly then pop jar flasks. If you are between zoning to fight boss and with just golem alive, quickly remove golem gem to unsomon him then put it back in.
Or use swap weapons if golem is in shield.

Indeed, that's the first thing that made me want to socket the golem in the shield, and the main reason why I specify where gems to in the items. If you need more help with summoning the spiders, check the FAQ or the videos I recorded. :)
Pure agony would also add a sentinel right? for HoP

edit: nvm, they removed it
Last edited by Lunethzz on Jul 3, 2020, 6:37:31 AM
@Vatinas
Death mark. its suppose to work only to linked minions? But guess what, death mark "tries to attack marked target" works for all minions. bonus damage is not ,because obviously they arent linked but force targeting works!
I have HoP with DM and have put feeding frenzy on dagger instead of second DM. Mapping is twice faster now, i had trouble clearing pure chayula runs ,because timer ran out and aoe wasnt good enough. But with FF in spiders and DM on HoP, things are killing/moving twice faster!
spiders are extremely aggressive and super fast with ff constantly on them. Its so much better that i totally dont care about rare mobs any more. They just vanish

I might try DM out of HoP as well, but no reason for that now,HoP is not that fast and no other better gem to put there anyway. I am yet to try how better or not it is for bosses.
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jul 3, 2020, 10:20:33 AM
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
@Vatinas
Death mark. its suppose to work only to linked minions? But guess what, death mark "tries to attack marked target" works for all minions. bonus damage is not ,because obviously they arent linked but force targeting works!
I have HoP with DM and have put feeding frenzy on dagger instead of second DM. Mapping is twice faster now, i had trouble clearing pure chayula runs ,because timer ran out and aoe wasnt good enough. But with FF in spiders and DM on HoP, things are killing/moving twice faster!
spiders are extremely aggressive and super fast with ff constantly on them. Its so much better that i totally dont care about rare mobs any more. They just vanish

I might try DM out of HoP as well, but no reason for that now,HoP is not that fast and no other better gem to put there anyway. I am yet to try how better or not it is for bosses.

The way I see it, Melee Splash is a huge quality of life for mapping (or breachstones, which have the same base principle). However, I forget to swap Melee Splash back in now and then, and sometimes notice only after half a map, because the Spider's Viper Strike is a strike, so has a small inherent AoE, and the Sentinels have a larger AoE than it seems and clear better than HoA. So I'm going to give your idea a try - especially since I got a white socket on my red one on the Fang, so I can do so easily.

However, I still think having FF on the golem and Melee Physical / Damage on Full Life on the spiders will remain the best for bossing. :)

Edit: I'm stupid, I just realised it's Deathmark you're replacing and not Melee Splash. :p I'll still give both replacements a try though, see how it goes. Maybe the aggressivity of the spiders will compensate the loss of AoE? We'll see!

Like always, thanks for experimenting with me!

Small news: I recorded several new videos, including an A8 Sirus carry and the Elder fight. :)
Last edited by Vatinas on Jul 3, 2020, 10:46:41 AM
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
@Vatinas

The way I see it, Melee Splash is a huge quality of life for mapping (or breachstones, which have the same base principle). However, I forget to swap Melee Splash back in now and then, and sometimes notice only after half a map, because the Spider's Viper Strike is a strike, so has a small inherent AoE, and the Sentinels have a larger AoE than it seems and clear better than HoA. So I'm going to give your idea a try - especially since I got a white socket on my red one on the Fang, so I can do so easily.

However, I still think having FF on the golem and Melee Physical / Damage on Full Life on the spiders will remain the best for bossing. :)

Edit: I'm stupid, I just realised it's Deathmark you're replacing and not Melee Splash. :p I'll still give both replacements a try though, see how it goes. Maybe the aggressivity of the spiders will compensate the loss of AoE? We'll see!

Like always, thanks for experimenting with me!

Small news: I recorded several new videos, including an A8 Sirus carry and the Elder fight. :)

Yes FF on golem for boss fights is better. Targets dont die easy , so golem has time to attack before it dies, loss is when golem dies and u need to wait to get stunned again
Hi, amazing guide
I've used Energised armor and I only get 2557 armor and not 6k, I used it at same spot you did and got same POB
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
But with FF in spiders and DM on HoP, things are killing/moving twice faster!
spiders are extremely aggressive and super fast with ff constantly on them. Its so much better that i totally dont care about rare mobs any more. They just vanish.

So true. I've been playing with FF on dagger since I bought it. It's also useful on hard hitting/dot bosses because you can offscreen it for spiders duration.

P.S. I'm still on 120c budget build. It's comparable to 50ex "big zombies" build from delirium. T16 + 100% done. Let's see if I can do shaper :D
Last edited by IsabelleX on Jul 3, 2020, 11:30:12 AM
Just tested with full juiced max delirium map. Will upload later. It was a breeze. Change to dmg.on.full.life+FF+splash on dagger.
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jul 4, 2020, 5:35:09 PM
https://youtu.be/NMh0RQubvTo

@Vatinas
in Sirus fight, there are no flask charges gain for free once "split" phase begins.
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Jul 4, 2020, 5:38:53 AM
where do you get stun immunity now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info