[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Sounds great. League starter picked)
"
Huntersyava wrote:

Like I said in the 3.19 notes, I would advise against league starting with this build. Last league, the Fang + Aegis combo cost around 10ex for the first week or two. But if you're confident you can farm this up quickly, sure :)
Doh. Melding of the Flesh nerfed... Is it possible to overcap frost max res with new 4%-6% penalti?
"
Huntersyava wrote:
Doh. Melding of the Flesh nerfed... Is it possible to overcap frost max res with new 4%-6% penalti?

Not in realistic way I can think of, especially with the removal of the mana reservation mastery making it even harder to fit in a Purity. I removed it from the guide altogether (which means I spent an entire day making the Melding version of the guide for nothing, yaaay)
"
Huntersyava wrote:

If you want to leaguestart something close to this, you can use a guardian dominating blow build, though it's probably also pretty heavily affected by the minion changes
Is there an updated POB for 3.19 ? Still following the 3.18 for now (though it still has Enduring Composure instead of Self Control/Uncompromising in the tree)

The nerf to the Mana reservation mastery sucks, though I'm still able to just squeak in running Discipline+Discipline+Tempest Shield+HoP with a small cluster jewel with Self Control. Curious to know if there is any other way to improve Mana reservation (I'm running in Standard so I have everything needed for the build) and see if Brutality can be slotted in some where
Last edited by BowWizard on Aug 20, 2022, 2:49:36 PM
"
BowWizard wrote:
Is there an updated POB for 3.19 ? Still following the 3.18 for now (though it still has Enduring Composure instead of Self Control/Uncompromising in the tree)

The nerf to the Mana reservation mastery sucks, though I'm still able to just squeak in running Discipline+Discipline+Tempest Shield+HoP with a small cluster jewel with Self Control. Curious to know if there is any other way to improve Mana reservation (I'm running in Standard so I have everything needed for the build) and see if Brutality can be slotted in some where

The current PoB uses Charisma to fit in all the auras, although small clusters are a good alternative.
Thanks - I missed Charisma, which replaces Soul of Steel on the Amulet (which I'm still running with at this stage).

In the jewels section you mention the small cluster jewel should have either Self Control or Uncompromising, but in the POB the small cluster jewel is showing Enduring composure. What should the small cluster jewel passive be - Enduring composure, Self Control or Uncompromising ?

If I use Self control or Uncompromising I don't need to use Charisma to get the mana reservation but I lose the benefits of Enduring composure and don't get the 6% gain for non-aura curses. Is the 6% significant enough to switch to Charisma on the amulet and is it better to have the 30% armour benefit of Enduring composure and ditch the Self control/uncompromising or does it not really matter and it's just personal preference ?
"
BowWizard wrote:
Thanks - I missed Charisma, which replaces Soul of Steel on the Amulet (which I'm still running with at this stage).

In the jewels section you mention the small cluster jewel should have either Self Control or Uncompromising, but in the POB the small cluster jewel is showing Enduring composure. What should the small cluster jewel passive be - Enduring composure, Self Control or Uncompromising ?

If I use Self control or Uncompromising I don't need to use Charisma to get the mana reservation but I lose the benefits of Enduring composure and don't get the 6% gain for non-aura curses. Is the 6% significant enough to switch to Charisma on the amulet and is it better to have the 30% armour benefit of Enduring composure and ditch the Self control/uncompromising or does it not really matter and it's just personal preference ?

Sorry about the discrepancy, I'll fix it.

As for the choice you describe, the version I intended for the guide was Charisma + Enduring Composure, but if a Self-Control / Uncompromising small cluster allows us to use all auras, I'll actually go for that. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Edit: I just checked, and Self-Control / Uncompromising are enough to be on positive mana, but not enough to use all our skills, even with 48% efficiency on the rings. Sadly, we'll have to stick with Charisma.
Last edited by Vatinas on Aug 22, 2022, 10:26:11 AM
Is this build able to clear lvl 30 simulacrum? is it viable in 3.19?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info