[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Thanks for the look at my Xbox craziness, Vatinas!

The combination of what you recommended seems like it'll work great: Sentinel is cheap and will help resists enough to swap in another ring (hopefully another Circle of Guilt if I can find someone selling one) which in turn can help mana reservation enough to swap in Vile Toxins instead of Faster Attacks. Which all in all should be a 10-15% DPS boost--still a far cry from where it could end up but it'll be very welcomed for clear speed.

"
how much of a damage boost is empower 4 ?

From scrutinizing all my hypotheticals, the thing about Empower is that it gets progressively more valuable the higher your base level otherwise is.

Quick theorycrafting on my Frankenbuild:

• Adding Empower 3/4 to an effective level 20 HoP (19+1) is 11/16% DPS vs Ruthless having 9%
  • Adding Empower 3/4 to effective level 21 (20+1) is 12/17% vs. 10%
  • Finally, effective level 23 (21+2) is 20/27 (!!) vs. 12

So if you have a corrupted L21 HoP and the +2 from Skin of the Lords, the relative value of Empower 4 is pretty dang big -- but the more +level pieces you're missing, the less of an upgrade it'll be (though it's still a significant one).
Nothing sorry :/
Last edited by LOKAPANDA on Nov 17, 2021, 5:37:06 PM
just one little thing about tempest shield nowadays.
with normal 20/20 we have 74 spellblock and more chance to shock (does it help us reliably in overall dmg shocking something with tempest?)
if we use normal TS level 21 we will be also spellcapped and is much cheaper than divergent
(level 20 TS have 25 spell block, lvl 21 hase 26 spellblock)
is any reason to use anomalous for + chains? does it help us except hitting more creatures or some further away and applying curse that way?
Hi, thank you for sharing and updating this amazing build.

You can add Versatile Combatant to list of forbidden mods on Skin of the Lords. That mod ruined my block and spellblock yesterday.
glad to see you finally caved on the stampede being a better choice than rainbowstride :)
"
RagingT wrote:
glad to see you finally caved on the stampede being a better choice than rainbowstride :)

Can you explain this a bit more? See my question above.
"
sunbm wrote:
with normal 20/20 we have 74 spellblock and more chance to shock (does it help us reliably in overall dmg shocking something with tempest?)
if we use normal TS level 21 we will be also spellcapped and is much cheaper than divergent
is any reason to use anomalous for + chains? does it help us except hitting more creatures or some further away and applying curse that way?

You're right! I'll update the guide when I get the time. :) Thanks for letting me know!

"
Gurbon wrote:

You can add Versatile Combatant to list of forbidden mods on Skin of the Lords. That mod ruined my block and spellblock yesterday.

I didn't even know it could appear on Skins! I'll update the guide when I get the time. Thanks!

"
RagingT wrote:

With the progressive changes over the leagues (most notably, mana not being that OP for us any more), I believe it's earned its place, indeed. :)
"
Vatinas wrote:
Spoiler
"
sunbm wrote:

You're right! I'll update the guide when I get the time. :) Thanks for letting me know!

"
Gurbon wrote:

I didn't even know it could appear on Skins! I'll update the guide when I get the time. Thanks!
Spoiler
"
RagingT wrote:

With the progressive changes over the leagues (most notably, mana not being that OP for us any more), I believe it's earned its place, indeed. :)

When you will be doing it, maybe also add GHOST DANCE and SOLIPSISM because those does not help us either :o)

JUST A GOOD WORK with the guide and everything. Thanks a lot really good work!
Was first experimenting with this build during delirium. Then played it in heist (even as a starter) and playing it also now as a second and been breezing through scourge with ease
Loving this build! If you are struggling to hit your resists like I was, here's a small tip for the scourge league:

Darkness Enthroned is a good place to pick up some extra resistance. Just search for one that has the modifiers that don't affect our build at all like

% reduced maximum life
-# maximum life
-% chaos resistance

and then add an additional mod group for total elemental resistance.

I was able to pick up an additional 30% cold resistance this way which is huge. This takes a lot of pressure off of your jewels which can allow you to get better stats in the belt

Here's an example on poe.trade because I don't think the mods exist in pathofexile.com/trade yet:

https://poe.trade/search/yakominiyutita

Thanks again!
fixed my issue. Ty
Last edited by sedenko on Nov 18, 2021, 6:13:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info