[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Oh yeah, I'm playing this build for the 4th time ^^.
Now I'm using the watcher's eye with 10% mana as ES and -% crit determination, running at 7.8k ES, 90% phys mitigation and 75/75 all block.
I have a question to Vatinas - do we really need a shield mastery? Seems like we getting 75/75 block chances without it. With it we get attack damage block chance overcap.

And don't forget that you can get corrupted blood immunity from jewel. According to this we can get +12% all res from free resistance and ailment protection mastery.
Last edited by lethorn_ekb on Nov 4, 2021, 4:52:06 AM
Hi, anyone tried to change shield for a Squire?
I cannot check it right now but i wonder how defense downgrades (less armour, no ES recovery) vs offense (spiders buff) could Work.
"
dadek182 wrote:
Hey guys, it's time to upgrade to skin of the lords.

Just wondering are there any other useful keystones except the ones mentioned in the guide?

The only skin on sale with 3R3B and mentioned keystone is 20ex...

You can get one with a "neutral" keystone - one that's not useful, but doesn't beak the build. Mine has Conduit, it works just fine.

"
lethorn_ekb wrote:
Oh yeah, I'm playing this build for the 4th time ^^.
Now I'm using the watcher's eye with 10% mana as ES and -% crit determination, running at 7.8k ES, 90% phys mitigation and 75/75 all block.
I have a question to Vatinas - do we really need a shield mastery? Seems like we getting 75/75 block chances without it. With it we get attack damage block chance overcap.

And don't forget that you can get corrupted blood immunity from jewel. According to this we can get +12% all res from free resistance and ailment protection mastery.

I'm currently using the "counterattacks debilitate" mastery, with Reckoning linked to the same supports as Cyclone, it's working nice. I'll probably add it to the guide when I get the time.

"
AivaPL wrote:
Hi, anyone tried to change shield for a Squire?
I cannot check it right now but i wonder how defense downgrades (less armour, no ES recovery) vs offense (spiders buff) could Work.

It's a terrible idea. Our shield is literally the core of our defensive mechanics.
"
Vatinas wrote:

I'm currently using the "counterattacks debilitate" mastery, with Reckoning linked to the same supports as Cyclone, it's working nice. I'll probably add it to the guide when I get the time.

Nah, I'm using this socket for clarity, so I think I can drop this mastery at all.
Trying to min-max my build, but omg - crafting the helmet was so freaking expensive in my case, spent about 10ex now and all that I got is in my profile
Hey guys, really like the build, it's probably my tankiest character yet.

Unfortunately, I currently do not have the currency to complete the build (am just missing Arakaali's Fang but its like 2.5 - 3ex atm)so I had to adapt the build slightly.

I did not like the play style of Dominating Blow so I am playing a lazy spin-to-win build where I use SRS with infernal legion triggered by CWC cyclone which in turn triggers my holy relic AOE damage for good clear speed. For bosses, I have my HOP & SRS minions for tons of damage.

I am no expert but would love for some feedback on what I can improve on.
E.G is there a better weapon I can get or use another skill gems to help complement HOP.
I have made due with the gear I could cobble together and have not paid more then 1 ex for a piece of gear (was one of my rings) but it does not mean that they aren't worth any less - I just got lucky.

POB Link
https://pastebin.com/vKZQWC72

and hopefully one day I can get the fang and complete this build :D
Last edited by moonish on Nov 4, 2021, 8:08:12 AM
I'm confused about Blue Nightmare. In the guide you say it caps the Spell Block, but on your PoB there's only one logical jewel slot for it (the first
SW from the start) as there are Elemental Resistance nodes close by being used. However, this only adds 20 to my Spell Block, resulting in 42 total.

Maybe I'm missing something elsewhere...
"
lakmethemud wrote:
I'm confused about Blue Nightmare. In the guide you say it caps the Spell Block, but on your PoB there's only one logical jewel slot for it (the first
SW from the start) as there are Elemental Resistance nodes close by being used. However, this only adds 20 to my Spell Block, resulting in 42 total.

Maybe I'm missing something elsewhere...

We don't use a Blue Nightmare any more. It was an oversight on my part to have left it in the Levelling section. My bad :)
Last edited by Vatinas on Nov 4, 2021, 5:56:31 PM
Am I missing how we have enough to reserve Tempest Shield as a final aura?

I currently have all the correct HoP supports, the right reservation nodes, Conqueror's Efficiency, and 1 ring at 20% from fertile catalysts. The only thing I have left is to get my 2nd ring to 20%, but that won't net me enough to reserve TS. I'm at 255 unreserved and would need 405. Am I missing something?
Can someone take a quick glance at my gear and let me know if there's some obvious reason cast when damage taken isn't resummoning the holy relic? Nothing happens, even when I stop cycloning and just let monsters wail on me for long periods of time. They're both level 20 so I don't get the issue. Is it because I only have 49 unreserved mana and the multiplied cost of the cast when damage taken + summon holy relic is 69?
Last edited by Kwyjibo20 on Nov 4, 2021, 7:39:04 PM
"
Travesty9090 wrote:
Am I missing how we have enough to reserve Tempest Shield as a final aura?

I currently have all the correct HoP supports, the right reservation nodes, Conqueror's Efficiency, and 1 ring at 20% from fertile catalysts. The only thing I have left is to get my 2nd ring to 20%, but that won't net me enough to reserve TS. I'm at 255 unreserved and would need 405. Am I missing something?

It looks like you have Memory Vault equipped. You can't run Memory Vault unless you anoint Charisma.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info