[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Hi , i usually use writting jar after i use desecrate, then it can spawn spiders and sometime when you fight bosses you can use the signal prey on the bosses and go somewhere a liitle bit far away to spawn your spiders so the minions do not accidentally kill the worms,
Moreover sometime your minions, like heral of purity (or holy relic if you still use it) can kill the worms before you can spawn spiders, so be carefully about this.

Sorry for my bad english, hope this can help you. :D
"
Margambro wrote:
Hi, hope this is not a daft question, but I'm having great trouble reliably casting up 20 spiders, especially going into boss fights. Desecrate, desecrate, Writhing Jar, kill does not always generate spiders. Does anyone have any ideas?

Any help wouuld be appreciated.

The biggest issue is that our minions kill the worms, so it is always best to do this when you have no minions left before a boss fight.

The sentinals have a short life so just wait for them to vanish. If you have any spiders up, press X twice (assuming you have a weapon equipped in the back up slot) and all spiders will disappear.

Once you have no minions on the screen, it should be super easy to spawn your spiders from the worms.
"
The way it was explained to me, was link Bloodlust instead of Multistrike. Awakened Multistrike is what is worth the effort, the base one is not.

But to answer your question, I think it's involved with a level 4 Enlighten, in your +1 corrupted boots.

Great catch. I just got a level 4 Enlighten and 1 boots. I can enable everything now. Thanks!

"
There is a very simple fix for this.

You have one ring that has 18% Herald of Purity Reservation. Change that out for one that has 20% reservation and you will have plenty of mana left over for (Awakened) Multistrike.

When I make that change in your POB you end up with 110 mana unreserved.

======

You may already be aware of this but just in case, that Skin of the Lords you are using does not help the build. The Impaler Keystone you have on it does not work when Minions are the ones applying the impales. The keystone only works when it is your character that applies the impales, which we don't do in this build.

I totally forgot about that. Sometimes I just miss those things and start looking in other places. I'll also get a new ring with 20% reservation. Thanks!

I know The Impaler doesn't help, but I had a live search going within my budget and that came up. I'm saving for a chest with +1 socketed gems or +1 duration gems. This is just a placeholder until that endgame chest.
Last edited by Kadosh on Jun 21, 2021, 1:24:29 AM
"
Kadosh wrote:

I've seen a video of this build pop up here and there. The prices on things show it, too. I used to get the 3B2R1G chest for about 15c. Now they're 100c. Same with the Rainbow boots and 2% Life Regen.

That being said, by far most solid build I've ever played. Definitely will be my league starter for now on. Setting this guy aside and dubbing around with some other builds for the time being.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
"
Kadosh wrote:

I've seen a video of this build pop up here and there. The prices on things show it, too. I used to get the 3B2R1G chest for about 15c. Now they're 100c. Same with the Rainbow boots and 2% Life Regen.

That being said, by far most solid build I've ever played. Definitely will be my league starter for now on. Setting this guy aside and dubbing around with some other builds for the time being.

That is a slightly different version than our build. It does not employ the spiders and focuses entirely on just the sentinels.

I am so happy with our version. With the original build designer no longer in the thread, I wish there was a way to add the impale version to the first post since it is better than the original build.

The only item to watch for imo in the next league is if GGG decides to nerf "recovery on block". That one mechanic makes this build thrive defensively.
I'm still checking the thread now and then, but since I'm taking overall a break from PoE, I'm less present than usual. I apologise for that. :) Would someone mind giving me a summary of the impale version Andy mentioned?
what do you think is better
6red (in your pob)
herald of purity
awakened brutality
bloodlust
ruthless
empower
awakened multistrike

or (my current chest) 5red 1blue
herald of purity
empower
bloodlust
awakened minion damage
ruthless
multistrike (im also considdering getting awakened multi but its 30ex)

so brutality or minion damage i suppose is the question
"
Vatinas wrote:
I'm still checking the thread now and then, but since I'm taking overall a break from PoE, I'm less present than usual. I apologise for that. :) Would someone mind giving me a summary of the impale version Andy mentioned?

It is very very similar to the fabulous original build you created (thank you for that!).

@dextrelame was the first I saw in the thread with the Impale version and most of us have been using that this league.

Main difference is that we get a little more damage from focusing on Impale as we use different support gems in the HOP setup.

We also use more/different auras (more mana reservation)

And we use a different cluster jewel set up

Here is my POB if you want to peak at the details

https://pastebin.com/LaNfp0zj

This is just an example. Others have much stronger versions as mine is not yet complete. If you go backwards in the thread and find posts from @dextrelame you will see his final version of the Impale build which is super OP.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jun 23, 2021, 9:04:58 AM
"
mad_man_moose wrote:
what do you think is better
6red (in your pob)
herald of purity
awakened brutality
bloodlust
ruthless
empower
awakened multistrike

or (my current chest) 5red 1blue
herald of purity
empower
bloodlust
awakened minion damage
ruthless
multistrike (im also considdering getting awakened multi but its 30ex)

so brutality or minion damage i suppose is the question

The top version is significantly better because Aw Multistrike is so strong.

However, if you keep apples to apples comparison and use Aw Multistrike in the bottom set up, it has a little more dps than the top setup according to POB.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info