[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Westwood1121 wrote:
What ring enchants are yeas using for Blight towers?

I just can't hang on. I get wrecked. Wondering if I should switch to some DPS ones.

are you getting wrecked in the small blights that show up in the maps or are you getting wrecked in Full Blighted Maps?

The build guide mentioned that this build is very bad against Blighted Maps due to low AOE of our minions so I have never run a full blighted map, I just sell them. I have not noticed any problems with the smaller fights though when Cassia pops up every so often.

I don't have any blighted enchants on my rings.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jun 3, 2021, 8:23:22 AM
"
"
Westwood1121 wrote:

I just can't hang on. I get wrecked. Wondering if I should switch to some DPS ones.

are you getting wrecked in the small blights that show up in the maps or are you getting wrecked in Full Blighted Maps?

The build guide mentioned that this build is very bad against Blighted Maps due to low AOE of our minions so I have never run a full blighted map, I just sell them. I have not noticed any problems with the smaller fights though when Cassia pops up every so often.

Just the ones in maps. I do so poorly in them, I don't bother with Full Maps. I just can't keep up with the spawns.

Sucks too, because tower defense is my favorite things ever. haha
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
"
"
Westwood1121 wrote:

Just the ones in maps. I do so poorly in them, I don't bother with Full Maps. I just can't keep up with the spawns.

Sucks too, because tower defense is my favorite things ever. haha

Hmm. Not sure what to suggest here.

Typically I just let them pool up and then use Signal Prey to move the minions to what ever block I want wiped out. I don't focus on blights so I probably have not done more than 10 of them with this build so I may have just gotten lucky.

I always freeze if possible. I find slowing them down helps me get from pack to pack.
Blighted maps are fairly easy to do with almost any build. I win every map i go into. Got both rings enchanted with 25% range for scout towers. What you do is put a green tower and upgrade it to tier 3 (don't do final upgrade as it looses the buff). And as many winged purple scouts around with more green buff towers. Nothing comes even close to base. There is a Zizzaran video on this somewhere.

While I'm here, how does mana reservation multiplier works? I need 40 mana for the dread banner, but if i take, say, culling strike out (it has 110% multiplier and linked to determination), my total mana reserved doesn't change.
"
korneikov wrote:
Blighted maps are fairly easy to do with almost any build. I win every map i go into. Got both rings enchanted with 25% range for scout towers. What you do is put a green tower and upgrade it to tier 3 (don't do final upgrade as it looses the buff). And as many winged purple scouts around with more green buff towers. Nothing comes even close to base. There is a Zizzaran video on this somewhere.

While I'm here, how does mana reservation multiplier works? I need 40 mana for the dread banner, but if i take, say, culling strike out (it has 110% multiplier and linked to determination), my total mana reserved doesn't change.

If you want to go in depth with your reservation knowledge, you should read the official wiki.

TL;DR: Culling Strike can not support Determination, therefore your reservation doesn't change.

Be careful that you do not support anything by mistake what you didn't want, it'll increase the reservation. Check if increased duration support supports your Vaal Discipline as it has a Duration tag, if yes, un-link them to reduce the mana reserved.
So significant progress with the build. Got most of the tree setup and sorted out a number of alternate quality gems along with gear.

Now though I'm not sure what to upgrade. Everything is starting to get very pricey (as expected). I also can't spec out of Holy Dominion yet since I can't get enough resists on my Abyss jewels without hurting my mana/energy shield a fair bit. Appreciate any other suggestions on what to save up for next. The biggest single improvement I can see is a +1 Skin of Loyal but that's extremely expensive at 20 Ex right now.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/L1MnafEw
"
Chen93 wrote:
So significant progress with the build. Got most of the tree setup and sorted out a number of alternate quality gems along with gear.

Now though I'm not sure what to upgrade. Everything is starting to get very pricey (as expected). I also can't spec out of Holy Dominion yet since I can't get enough resists on my Abyss jewels without hurting my mana/energy shield a fair bit. Appreciate any other suggestions on what to save up for next. The biggest single improvement I can see is a +1 Skin of Loyal but that's extremely expensive at 20 Ex right now.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/L1MnafEw

Looks really good so far.

*Your two big dps upgrades will be chest corruption (+1 to all or +2 to duration) and awakened multistrike to replace bloodlust

*Don't forget to add quality to your Minion Damage Support gem

*Grab a cheap level 21 Determination (20c)

*Go to your managerie and check to see if you have the ability to craft 30% quality and if you do, craft it on your Shield

*As you acquire them, add Attribute Quality to your amulet and Defense Quality to your rings

*If you don't hate running lab, run it a few times to see if you can get the regen 2% of life if hit recently on boots. This is a nice help on DOT

*You can gain a chunk of ES by adding in Clarity and then getting the watcher's eye with the clarity mod Gain 10% of Mana as ES. If you are socket limited, remove Vitality for Clarity but only do this when you get the Watchers Eye.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jun 4, 2021, 8:42:15 AM
Got bold and used my Awakener's Orb last night.

That was a flop. I've got it up for 6ex in case someone wants it. In the meantime, I need to run Labs to unlock the prefixes cannot be changed mod. From there, lock the prefixes, scour, then maybe something with harvest craft or something.

I have the worst luck with crafting.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
Good build overall, but...

Impossible to complete HoGM.
Big downside. Makes it unplayable.
"
Prof549 wrote:
Good build overall, but...

Impossible to complete HoGM.
Big downside. Makes it unplayable.

I have not tried it myself but an earlier poster said the HOGM was extremely easy for this build if you bring the reduced block chance support gem.

I am going to assume the "makes it unplayable" was tongue in cheek :)
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jun 4, 2021, 9:47:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info