[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

I want to join the discussion about reservation. I saw PoB recommends the use of a Cluster Jewel with Uncompromising and Self-Control, but I think the use of both is not necessary.

I am using 6-Link HoP as recommended, Determination, Discipline and a Level 1 Clarity in preparation for the Watcher's Eye. At the moment, I am using Uncompromising but not Self-Control. I had too much unreserved mana, so I did refund Sovereignty (was the cheapest Node for testing). My ideas:

1) Looking for a good Cluster Jewel with Uncompromising and either high elemental resistances or another useful Skill (any recommendations, maybe Stalwart Commander)?
2) Totally refund the influence Cluster and use Sovereignty again, or is the Aura effect worth the skillpoints? Could use both, anyway.
3) I guess I will not anoint Charisma (I simply do not need at the moment), maybe I will go for Soul of Steel (Armour and max. Res).

Can somebody confirm the reservation of HoP with all increases/reductions including the Helmet Enchantment?
"
Grimgust wrote:
Currently using this build at level 92. Awesome experience so far, but there's one thing that I can't for the life of me figure out. PoB shows that spiders seem to be inflicting bleed? How is this made possible?

That is due to Vulnerability.
Last edited by Vatinas on Apr 27, 2021, 10:42:47 AM
i'm following this build but i realize this build is lack a huge of damage..... just fought conquerer aw 3 and the spider disappear so fast and i have to fight the conquer for nearly 5 min.... any advice ...?
"
echevierra wrote:
"
PunkSviin wrote:
What belt is the best? PoB you use Cyclopean Coil and guide says Darkness Enthroned? All and all realy fun build, closing in to being done but i realy struggle maxing resist.

Darkness Enthroned is still better until you can solve elemental resist problem, Even if you solve elemental resist problem, darkness enthroned still recommended because it provided a lot of ES + armour while cyclopean belt give anti-ignite/shock which is kinda nice but not must to have.

"
Mr_Neocronic wrote:
Whats gems i should put here?

Right colored chests costs a lot and i even cant buy it, because there only 2-3 all time on trade.

Also we can use any alternative for this chest? Or it BiS?
And where we stack resistances on these items?

You could try HoP + Ruthless + Bloodlust + Predator + Empower + Impale, only downside to efficiently use impale is to fit dread banner which add more dps, otherwise you could just add random green support that fit your style. I personally use HoP + Multistrike + Brutality + Predator + Empower + Impale, big dps but more mana reservation cost (need high rolled reduced reservation on circle of guilt). Also the body armour is BiS because we stack lot of defense (ES/Armor/Mana), without it i lose like 30% eHP/Armour(1.5k ES/12k armour) which is a lot, we're stacking resistance from abyss jewel (darkness enthroned) + passive tree, rest we get easily from rainbowstride/aegis/memory vault

I see you use timeless jewel instead of clusters, this better? Also 18% from rings will be enought for use dread banner with all auras?
Hey nice build, the playstyle is pretty chill and build is really tanky but still get a one shot here in there when I get cocky and dive into a pack or when there are really rippy mods on T16 Maps.

Damage wise, without the spiders is pretty mild, when we get 20 spiders tho is really good. Whoever, the spiders seems to die or just unspawn so often, no regen maps are nearly impossible.

I'm trying not to hit flasks to often to have charges for the spiders, also using desecrate two times before hitting flaks, usually get 18 spiders only for that.

Can anyone guide me to what upgrade next? most upgrades cost +1.5ex atm so i'm grinding for more money.

Oh also, I can only fit three auras with around 60 mana left.

I'm using determination, flesh and stone, and HoP.

Last edited by marquesini on Apr 27, 2021, 6:49:32 PM
"
marquesini wrote:

Can anyone guide me to what upgrade next? most upgrades cost +1.5ex atm so i'm grinding for more money.

- Use vaal discipline => T15-16 corrupted work fine for me with 10K ES and 65k armour (7000 mana).
- use jewel on belt with 30ES/30mana/Res
- i think your bloodlust is useless... you cant bleed with this setup, you need vulnerability on hit on corrupted glove 1.5-3ex or cyclone with divergent maim.
- link flesh and stone and maim is a great damage boost
- Circle of guilt with 80%-100% increased damage for sentinel is a nice boost, you can use a good cerulean ring (10% mana / 50 intell / 70 mana / 35ES / 1 or 2 res) for more survivability.
- basalt flask instead of quartz for 15% additional damage reduction
- Watcher eye help a lot (block spell / damage reduction / armour / more ES)
- Memory vault with 30% reservation for herald
Thanks for the build, i enjoy it very much.

I managed to squeeze in some more defences with making some minor changes.

Lost small armour due to incandescent heart but i think the 25% ele dmg as chaos is very worth it ( the corruption solves the dps loss, +1 is best ofc). Also due to my helmet enchant i use Arctic armour (anomalous). Im literally vaal cycloning / stationary tanking every ultimatum i find.
To fit all the gems i switched to rallying cry on my belt, to regain the spell dmg block for not using the darkness enthorned i use the determ armour + discipline spell block watchers eye.

Last edited by Astroblack on Apr 27, 2021, 7:21:46 PM
"
Mr_Neocronic wrote:

I see you use timeless jewel instead of clusters, this better? Also 18% from rings will be enought for use dread banner with all auras?

elegant hubris is just a cheap replacement until clusters, because it's cheap and provide minion dmg 80~160% (depend on how lucky your roll is), later when i have money i'll buy clusters to fit more aura.

My ring are all 20%, and i link determination + discipline + war banner with enlighten 3, + Charisma annoint it left me with 96 mana. Without 20% mana reservation ring/Charisma/Englighten your best bet prob just drop dread banner, and do HoP + bloodlust + Predator + Empower + Culling Strike + Brutality (this is assuming you have money for at least for 20% reservation and can buy englighten lv2), otherwise go bloodlust + predator + red whatever + culling strike + ruthless).

"
marquesini wrote:

i personally would do like this:
1. upgrade circle of guilt into reservation and sentinels dmg
2. shaper's touch corrupt vulnerability
3. annoint charisma so you can fit more aura
4. cluster jewel so you can fit more aura with uncompromising/self-control
5. more cluster jewel for disciples/cult-leader cluster
6. Helmet lab enchant for sentinels mana reserve or straight +1 sentinels
7. Watcher's eye for (+armor/+spell block/+mana as ES)
this is the bare mininum of what you need for ~2-3ex/upgrade except last one prob cost ~5ex+

if you want to push further for dps(by sacrificing some of the Defense), you could buy rare amulet with +1 Phys/STr gems and lot of INT/ES stat as other affixes or if you want more DPS go +1 phys and +1 STR. Get corrupted skin loyal with the same socket for +2 socketed duration or +1 socketed gems, double corrupt of those two is better but more expensive (~30ex).

As i'm writing this, i'm actually surprised helmet enchant is actually cheap, ~3ex, ritual cost like 40ex for flesh and stone mana reserve and 100ex for +1 sentinels
https://pastebin.com/MD2LXVHT

Sitting on 6.4k ES in game, even though PoB says 6.6k.

Just wondering what I should focus on to upgrade for more ES.
Last edited by Ashman23 on Apr 28, 2021, 3:42:38 AM
Can i ask about the last aura flesh and stone? Is that true that i can use flesh and stone aura with right setup like u bro? right now can't use it hehe. Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info