[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Veni1979MC wrote:

So regarding gems is there a specific number of coins i need to get minion damage on PASSIVE or there is bracket for it ?
Sorry for being noob.. couldnt find the answer

Truth is people don't really know and it's not well understood how these jewels work.

I think if you get the EXACT same coins it should be the same jewel. But keep in mind the passives will be different not only depending on the coin number, but also where you slot in the jewel. So for example the one I listed above (63640 for Caspiro) gives me a single 80% inc minion damage node opposite Pain Attunement if I slot it in that area. However if I slot it near the Elemental Equilibrium side, I get no minion nodes. So it's trial and error really. If you can't get a specific number then you'll have to buy a jewel and divine it a few times.

Often times people know what they've got, so it's unlikely you'll be able to nab one for cheap. From what I've seen, the ones with confirmed minion nodes can go for anywhere from 100ex to 1-2 mirrors.

"
piszczel wrote:
"
Veni1979MC wrote:

So regarding gems is there a specific number of coins i need to get minion damage on PASSIVE or there is bracket for it ?
Sorry for being noob.. couldnt find the answer

Truth is people don't really know and it's not well understood how these jewels work.

I think if you get the EXACT same coins it should be the same jewel. But keep in mind the passives will be different not only depending on the coin number, but also where you slot in the jewel. So for example the one I listed above (63640 for Caspiro) gives me a single 80% inc minion damage node opposite Pain Attunement if I slot it in that area. However if I slot it near the Elemental Equilibrium side, I get no minion nodes. So it's trial and error really. If you can't get a specific number then you'll have to buy a jewel and divine it a few times.

Often times people know what they've got, so it's unlikely you'll be able to nab one for cheap. From what I've seen, the ones with confirmed minion nodes can go for anywhere from 100ex to 1-2 mirrors.

Thank you for that info.
The spot i'd like to put my jewel is this: https://ibb.co/d0drs08 Kinda still confused about it lol
"
Sark0t wrote:

jewels are what really unleash this build. looking at your pob I was at the same spot a few days ago and really getting the cluster jewels is what makes the difference but it costs a few exalts to get there. check Zerber's build in last pages and get something similar. or check my build, its a bit more budget friendly (ignore the hubris it is not needed, no +3 chest, no insane rare gloves) https://pastebin.com/epUGSibA. everything besides the eternal hubris is around 50c-1ex per item.

Following up here: I ended up going more the route of Zerber's build (so cluster jewels) and I am a lot happier with the single target now. By which I mean, it's adequate - but that's okay, because the survivability is top-tier (currently sat at 8k ES, 60k Armour, 75/75 block with 1200ES on block)

A few of things I've done differently that others might find of interest:

* An aura-effect jewel with Stalwart Commander and First Among Equals rather than the second Megalomaniac.
* I've slipped in a Split Personality in the new jewel slot from the aura-effect jewel, as the tree is quite good for it - 63 INT and 510 Armour, which turns in to 300ES and 5k Armour according to PoB when all is said and done. Haven't properly checked whether a Mana or ES Split Personality would be better, but this was good enough for now and they're cheap to replace if I got it wrong.
* Spell block when affected by Clarity Watcher's Eye, rather than a corrupted Aegis Aurora to max out the spell block.
* A weapon switch to another Aegis and a Cold Iron Point when single targets really need to die and I've run out of spiders.

I've got my eye on getting a corrupted Aegis Aurora (or rather, two, thanks to the weapon switch...) in addition to that Watcher's Eye, which would mean I could get rid of the last Megalomaniac and replace it with another aura-effect cluster and get another jewel slot, which might be more attractive depending on what I could fit in there.
Last edited by Myrmios on Feb 18, 2021, 3:12:54 PM
"
kaorukensi wrote:
"
Deonix_ wrote:
HoP Guardian saves my day again! This is second league where I play this build. I can kill Sirus with my eyes closed. I thought Sirus A9 will be problem, but no, he still my bitch.

Maven and invitations doable i guess, but there is too much DoT/Degen which we can't block, so I prefer some gazillion-dps build.

If you are looking for a cheap build that will kill Sirus for you from time to time, then look no further. Don't stand in degen, use Vaal Molten Shell/Molten Shell when he casts "DIE!" and you will almost never die. For comfortable farming, you need 6200+ ES, but it's doable with ~5500.

I got the same gears with you but cannot reach to 5500 ES still working on everything. and btw how long it take you to kill sirius sorry this is my first time play this game I never reach to sirius but for the normal map boss it take me too long to kill them

~4-5 min for Sirus kill. This build is about survivability, not about insane damage output.

You need cluster jewels for more ES/Armour, also switch your belt and put 2 abyss jewels with +mana +ES and some resists. Darkness Enthroned gives you 140 mana/ES (70 each jewel) with perfect rolled T1 mods, Stygian Vise never provide this much. Balancing resists can be problem, but it worth it.

The higher the level of your gems, the more damage the minions do. Buy Empower 4 as soon as possible.

Tip: Use Soul of Ryslatha on Sirus. Writhing Jar counts as life flask, so you can regen your flask charges and spawn spiders without any problem.
Last edited by Deonix_ on Feb 18, 2021, 1:35:18 PM
Thoughts about Using Cold Point Dagger, I would guess that +3 levels to HOP would be insane dps, more so than the spiders. It could open up more utility for 3 gem spots? Maybe a Enlighten add an extra Banner or blood n sand or the other one.
"
Thoughts about Using Cold Point Dagger, I would guess that +3 levels to HOP would be insane dps, more so than the spiders. It could open up more utility for 3 gem spots? Maybe a Enlighten add an extra Banner or blood n sand or the other one.

You can use CIP for bossing, which is what I'm doing. I slot Carrion Golem - Empower - Feeding frenzy into the CIP. It gives a nice single target boost but spiders are way, way better for map clear so you end up using both and just alternating. I switch out for CIP only for big bosses like Sirus, map bosses I don't bother switching as the default loadout is fine.
"
Willy94inh wrote:
Hi i really like this build but i feel i dont have enough damage, can someone help me? what should i change? this is my pob

https://pastebin.com/6uWX3Q4r

thanks

Any help? i check my build in pob and my hop damge is 600k i dont know if i missing something :S
@Vatinas

Thanks for this amazing build, made couple changes over this week and now my char is beefy with amazing dps. Now I'll just min-max some stuff and any other skill points I earn are only gonna improve dps further.

@zerber Thanks for linking some of the elegant hubris.👍
The build is super amazing.
I copied your build with minor changes.
I added Vitality, with Zealot's Oath so I am literally immortal. I am facing problems with bossing. The spiders are doing the damage but the Sentinels are doing nothing; when the spiders die I notice the boss's life doesn't decrease by my dps or the sentinels.
I played Slayer Cyclone for the past 4 leagues and have been top 10 on ninja so I am used for 34M+ dps. With this Guardian build I am really facing problems with dps (It took half an hour to kill Sirus 8 lol)
> What am I missing? How to get dps from the sentinels?
> Is HoP a must for this build? can it be replaced with raise skeletons or specters?
> Why do you use Melee Splash for spiders? I am using Melee Damage since the spiders are my only dps for bossing.

Thank you very much <3
"
Kirkirgar wrote:
The build is super amazing.
I copied your build with minor changes.
I added Vitality, with Zealot's Oath so I am literally immortal. I am facing problems with bossing. The spiders are doing the damage but the Sentinels are doing nothing; when the spiders die I notice the boss's life doesn't decrease by my dps or the sentinels.
I played Slayer Cyclone for the past 4 leagues and have been top 10 on ninja so I am used for 34M+ dps. With this Guardian build I am really facing problems with dps (It took half an hour to kill Sirus 8 lol)
> What am I missing? How to get dps from the sentinels?
> Is HoP a must for this build? can it be replaced with raise skeletons or specters?
> Why do you use Melee Splash for spiders? I am using Melee Damage since the spiders are my only dps for bossing.

Thank you very much <3

as I know the spider will be your map clearing and HoP for bossing. the damge HoP came from the cluster jewel and all the minion damage nodes and especially from the gem level so empower level 4 is a must. I am having same dps with boss issue aswell but at least my sentinals do some damage to the boss but compare to other build it still very low. maybe because I am level 88 and only land a few point on my cluster jewel. we will see when I reach to sirius.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info