[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Just to contribute. I am playing this build in 3.13, currently level 93. Here's my PoB if anyone would like a look:
https://pastebin.com/bX3Te8wf

While I find the build very tanky and the dps is "fine" for most things, the damage for a lot of encounters like the Maven or even legion content is too low. With many exalts invested, I'm really struggling to push this build further. I have done Sirus AW9 deathless, but that's not the point. The Maven fight was... painful from a dps perspective and the arena got covered in dots, and you're praying to dodge the stuff or block it while the sentinels pitifully chip away at her HP.

The damage is perfectly fine for maps however, and I find the defensive capabilities pretty insane - I've tanked a Sirus die beam to the face, I can sit in dense enemy groups, I've completed a full simulacrum with this build.

Just a bit disappointed in the dps, especially since you can have millions more dps for similar investment into a golemancer.
Not sure if anyone knows, but does the "You take 20% of damage from blocked hits" implicit interact with Glancing Blows? Could be a good way to mitigate the 65% penalty (even though blocked hits still ultimately heal us, they'd heal us a fair bit more with this).

So sitting at 10k ES, 64k armour and 1,9 million damage per sentinel.

Build is really fun, more or less dies only to degen and its actually quite nice in group play. You give everyone 500 base ES, armour and by jumping in packs first you make it a lot safer for everyone else. Spiders get turbocharged from Aurabots to the point where they can carry a 6 man group alone.

"
King_Haart wrote:
Not sure if anyone knows, but does the "You take 20% of damage from blocked hits" implicit interact with Glancing Blows? Could be a good way to mitigate the 65% penalty (even though blocked hits still ultimately heal us, they'd heal us a fair bit more with this).

Nobody really knows how those boots interact with glancing blows. A lot of people think it adds up, so you take 85% instead of 65% damage from blocked hits.
Last edited by Zerber on Feb 18, 2021, 5:00:56 AM
"
Zerber wrote:
So sitting at 10k ES, 64k armour and 1,9 million damage per sentinel.

Build is really fun, more or less dies only to degen and its actually quite nice in group play. You give everyone 500 base ES, armour and by jumping in packs first you make it a lot safer for everyone else. Spiders get turbocharged from Aurabots to the point where they can carry a 6 man group alone.

"
King_Haart wrote:

Nobody really knows how those boots interact with glancing blows. A lot of people think it adds up, so you take 85% instead of 65% damage from blocked hits.

Could you post your PoB please? I'm having a hard time breaking the 1m dps per sentinel, never mind 1.9m.
"
piszczel wrote:
Just to contribute. I am playing this build in 3.13, currently level 93. Here's my PoB if anyone would like a look:

Ive looked at your tree. Firstoff you dont need resolute technique with shapers touch equiped.

You get roughly 250k dps per sentinel more by just 20% quality your gems, using a divergent dread banner & divergent flesh offering instead of a normal one and putting maim into your cyclone links (you need to enable "enemy is maimed" in the config to show the dps boost).

Here is my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/munVuA50
"
Zerber wrote:
"
piszczel wrote:

Ive looked at your tree. Firstoff you dont need resolute technique with shapers touch equiped.

You get roughly 250k dps per sentinel more by just 20% quality your gems, using a divergent dread banner & divergent flesh offering instead of a normal one and putting maim into your cyclone links (you need to enable "enemy is maimed" in the config to show the dps boost).

Here is my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/munVuA50

Ok thanks, will update my gems. I was running without maim for the longest time because I was having trouble colouring my helmet 2r2g (spent hundreds of chromes on this). I have now just outright bought a 2r2g helmet for 30c.

Without resolute technique my chance to hit is only about 88%, it didn't feel super smooth since I don't have the accuracy enchant.

What about that Elegant Hubris, do you know if the 27400 is the specific seed to get the 80% minion damage nodes?
"
piszczel wrote:

What about that Elegant Hubris, do you know if the 27400 is the specific seed to get the 80% minion damage nodes?

One or two pages ago I posted some seeds that have 2x 80% minion damage for 4 or 5 points.
I bought one Elegant Hubris for cheap and decided to experiment on it by divining it a couple of times and seeing what kind of stuff can I get from it.

After 3 divines, I ended up with

which gives me the "Slumlord" passive opposite Pain Attunement. I'll settle for that!
Hi i really like this build but i feel i dont have enough damage, can someone help me? what should i change? this is my pob

https://pastebin.com/6uWX3Q4r

thanks
Last edited by Willy94inh on Feb 19, 2021, 1:00:42 PM
"
Zerber wrote:
"
Frostlord10 wrote:
Hi there how do you use all the auras, I can use Herald of purity 5 link and the other auras but when I put empower lvl 4 on the sixth link it becomes 0 and I cant use clarity aswell.

I got both the reserve mana reduction nodes on tree and the herald reservation nodes with perfect rolled mana reservation on the guilty rings. im lvl 78 atm.

I looked at your build and you need to switch out melee phys in your HoP setup with ruthless because it has a less mana multiplier.
If you want to run a higher dps gem setup + another small aura like a banner you need to annoint charisma on your amulet.

"
For timeless jewels there are several ways to get what you want:

So im kinda collecting 160% minion damage Timeless Jewels:

Gem socket left of the witch start:
85900 Coins gives 160% for 4 points. (This one is really good because one of the pathing nodes is the small mana/life nodes that gets converted to mana with healthy mind so you could argue it only costs 3 points.

Gem socket right of the witch start:
27400 Coins gives 160% for 4 points.
84820 Coins gives 160% for 5 points.

Im constantly spamming divines on those jewels cause I want to find one with 240% for 7 points. Im like 70 divines deep... should be really hard to get.

So regarding gems is there a specific number of coins i need to get minion damage on PASSIVE or there is bracket for it ?
Sorry for being noob.. couldnt find the answer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info