[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Can we somehow utilize Rotblood Promise with Time of need ascendency?
"
"
SwiftyOwns wrote:
How do i pump my ES?
i kinda tried many things
My best bet is the shield, right?
Atm i got my fang and going for the shield

Sitting on 2865 ES and 1347 Life..

Assuming you have enough mana reservation, the biggest upgrade for you ES wise (excluding the shield) is a Skin of the Loyal -- I believe it'll give you about 1k total ES but at day 3 it's probably really expensive to get the colors (4R2B) required. A search shows only 1 listed for 4 ex and there are no 6 white socket ones available atm. Next would be ES based gloves, the best option here would be Shaper's Touch which gives accuracy and ES for the build; with enough strength, it would beat ~120 ES based gloves. These two plus an Aegis Aurora will bring you to about 4.6k ES.

Memory Vault will also be huge (mana, ES, armor) but there doesn't appear to be any on the market right now. And working around the 10% increased reservation without the synthesis rings may be tricky since you'll be removing links on the HoP. You could use Dominating Blow/Holy Relics in a combo link with them for more damage.

For now you should probably spec into more life nodes. I think you should unspec Glancing Blows until an Aegis Aurora and work with a Rumi's Concoction to cap block temporarily. You can also grab a Skullhead Secutor helm for easy resists, life, and mana too. Your right ring also has an open prefix for life so craft some on it.

Thanks man!
Fixed both my rings

i'm running HoP with 3L only.. can't do 4L coz of mana res :(

Will get shield soon and then save for armors :)

Edit: Got Skin of the loyal, feels much better now ! 4.5k ES too

And i'm doing 4 link HoP
Last edited by SwiftyOwns on Jan 17, 2021, 5:40:43 PM
Hello and thanks for the build! It seems very fun but I have a big problem with dying right now. I started mapping today and it was a very bad experience, couldn't get past a tier 3. I don't have the fang yet. I tried to increase my defences, I am sitting on 3.9k ES and 1.6k HP or something like that, yet I die super easily and dominating blow isn't clearing very well (my res are capped).

I also only have ES gear now, should I have mixed up some armor gear as well because I am relying on the granite flask as pretty much my only source of armor

Let me know what you think I'm doing wrong!
"
Kragen28 wrote:
Hello and thanks for the build! It seems very fun but I have a big problem with dying right now. I started mapping today and it was a very bad experience, couldn't get past a tier 3. I don't have the fang yet. I tried to increase my defences, I am sitting on 3.9k ES and 1.6k HP or something like that, yet I die super easily and dominating blow isn't clearing very well (my res are capped).

I also only have ES gear now, should I have mixed up some armor gear as well because I am relying on the granite flask as pretty much my only source of armor

In my experience it won't get much better till you get the weapon. So I just grinded (while dieing) till I had the fang. After that the spiders kill everything and u die a lot less
"
Kragen28 wrote:

Dom blow and Herald of Purity shouldnt be your focus imo. I leveled with zombies as a 5 link, dom a 4, Herald a 2, and even with having fang and the shield, herald is still 2. even with faster attacks and multi strike i wasnt getting uptime on Herald with dom blow 90% of the time. Id also put less focus on mana. Health, Res, ES. And id find abetter 1 hander. You just want a higher number. Youre running so many pieces you dont need dps stats on you can go for chaos res too. I had my Res over 90 and chaos at 10%. 2k life 4k ES. Didnt really die that much outside of some rippy 1 shots.
Last edited by Truhls on Jan 18, 2021, 12:15:03 AM
Also going through a bit of a rough start. No significant drops yet and higher prices than last league causing me to use mainly self found items so far. Found a decent 1h so also switched to cyclone with a 5L HoP setup. Is a 5L holy relic better than a 5L HoP?

Also, I think that last league I used a certain armor until I got the skin but can't remember which one. I think it was the kingsguard but not sure. I got a jeweller's touch prophecy from ritual so can make it 5L. I found a kingsguard so can do that or get an ES body armor with a lot of ES on it so it's easier to switch to CI early. What would be better?

Saving up every chaos orb I can for the fang but prices aren't dropping yet
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Like a few of the previous posters, I just hit maps and I'm really struggling with staying alive. In addition, my minions seem to die extremely quickly... Im using holy relic, stone golem, herald of purity, and zombies. They all die really quickly. I tried with and without chaos inoculation and CI seemed to help a bit but I still die quickly to other non-chaos stuff.. dominating blow seemed super slow and awkward so i switched to cyclone early (without fang) and fortify with it. still die a lot but it feels a little smoother. i have shield, boots, and the loyal skin.

i dont mind farming lower maps for currency to get some of the higher stuff but right now i can barely do t1/t2, and with all my dying my leveling has also slowed significantly.
"
Vatinas wrote:
Welcome to my guide, exile!

Just a quick note, you have Meat Shield listed as Act 6 but you can get it at Act 3 from Siosa (reward).

Hopefully by the time I'm mapping some of the mentioned kinks in the build have been sorted out. Or maybe I can transition to some other build - what I mostly want is something fairly unkillable since, frankly, I'm not much of a twitch gamer and die a lot.
Been having lots of fun with this in standard, doing the new Maven content. Really makes me want to keep upgrading the build to deal with those bossfights.

Are there any obvious areas to put additional skillpoints? In standard you can get legacy rings for very cheap with increased rmr, so I refunded some of the herald mana reduction nodes.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Also going through a bit of a rough start. No significant drops yet and higher prices than last league causing me to use mainly self found items so far. Found a decent 1h so also switched to cyclone with a 5L HoP setup. Is a 5L holy relic better than a 5L HoP?

Also, I think that last league I used a certain armor until I got the skin but can't remember which one. I think it was the kingsguard but not sure. I got a jeweller's touch prophecy from ritual so can make it 5L. I found a kingsguard so can do that or get an ES body armor with a lot of ES on it so it's easier to switch to CI early. What would be better?

Saving up every chaos orb I can for the fang but prices aren't dropping yet

I was using the same skills and it was also a difficult world to buy Arakaali, after buying the dagger the build took a big leap of damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info