[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
foma1234 wrote:
Was choosing between this build and baron zombie but going with this now :D, will be any POB uptade before start ? :)

I just finished updating everything, the PoB as well as the guide. :) Enjoy!
Long time listener, first time caller

I have played PoE for about 5 years now. Every character I had made never got past level 90 and made me grew to hate everything. I have zero clue what type of guide I was looking up and I stumbled upon my dream boat build. The paint picture you have depicting your character with the spiders had me rolling and I knew in my heart I found my homie. I have minions and not a glass cannon. My dream come true. This will be my 3rd league start using this amazing guide and I am excited for another league under my belt.

I have been looking at all the post replies trying to put a rough draft in my mind of what changes in the builds gear and gems.

~So far what I see is that we are changing from a carrion golem to the holy relic.
~We will be using 2 writhing flasks instead of 3. 1 granite, 1 quicksliver and 1 basalt? flask. The 3 flasks will need bleed, shock, and maybe burn.

I did see that you said you were planning to update the guide, but I just wanted to make sure I had a plan set for the league start in a few hours.

I know we have never met but I am pretty sure you are my best friend. Thanks for the awesome guide and renewing my hopes of not being a complete failure at this game.
Last edited by jerrythc on Jan 15, 2021, 10:21:35 AM
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
foma1234 wrote:
Was choosing between this build and baron zombie but going with this now :D, will be any POB uptade before start ? :)

on the pob it still says 3.12 tho
can you check? :P
"
jerrythc wrote:
Long time listener, first time caller

I have played PoE for about 5 years now. Every character I had made never got past level 90 and made me grew to hate everything. I have zero clue what type of guide I was looking up and I stumbled upon my dream boat build. The paint picture you have depicting your character with the spiders had me rolling and I knew in my heart I found my homie. I have minions and not a glass cannon. My dream come true. This will be my 3rd league start using this amazing guide and I am excited for another league under my belt.

I have been looking at all the post replies trying to put a rough draft in my mind of what changes in the builds gear and gems.

~So far what I see is that we are changing from a carrion golem to the holy relic.
~We will be using 2 writhing flasks instead of 3. 1 granite, 1 quicksliver and 1 basalt? flask. The 3 flasks will need bleed, shock, and maybe burn.

I did see that you said you were planning to update the guide, but I just wanted to make sure I had a plan set for the league start in a few hours.

I know we have never met but I am pretty sure you are my best friend. Thanks for the awesome guide and renewing my hopes of not being a complete failure at this game.

Homies know each other when they see other. <3

I'm really glad to know you're having a blast with it, and that you can enjoy the game with it.

As for the changes you mentioned:

~ Yep! Holy Relic has a lot of pros over any Golem, and once I tried it last league, I fell in love.
~ Yep again! Someone on this thread made me discover last league that the Soul of Ryslatha allows us to sustain worm flasks (I used to think hybrid flasks didn't count as life flasks for it, but they do). Which means we can afford to use two only.
I absolutely love Soul Ripper for the last flask slot, I spoke about it in the guide. Apart from that, the only mandatory anti-ailment flask is any bleed; the rest is optional. I changed the tree to grab the extra "reduced shock effect" node for 50% reduced, so that will help a lot. Our huge Guardian regen triggers ever 4 seconds instead of 5 now, so that will help a lot with ignite. And as usual, freeze is no bother at all. So it's up to preference I guess. :)

Have a nice league start friend! I'm here if you need a hand. :)

"
SwiftyOwns wrote:
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
foma1234 wrote:

on the pob it still says 3.12 tho
can you check? :P

I spent hours updating the guide, the PoB, everything, and then I literally forget to change "3.12" next to "3.13" next to the PoB link. I'm an idiot. :D Thanks for catching that! Everything should be fine now. :)
Just wanted to drop a quick 'thank you' for your work. This is one of the most comprehensive guides I've seen, and I'm really looking forward to giving this a whirl later today. The levelling progression within PoB is super neat, too. Cheers!
The PoB doesn't seem to work for me... PoB Com fork and up to date. Thanks for the build btw :)
1. Thanks for the awesome guide, enjoying the hell out if it and you put so much effort into it.

2. Is anyone possibly having issues getting enough tributes using Dominating blow? i feel like switching to smite to kill during rituals gives me way more tributes.
"
Truhls wrote:
1. Thanks for the awesome guide, enjoying the hell out if it and you put so much effort into it.

2. Is anyone possibly having issues getting enough tributes using Dominating blow? i feel like switching to smite to kill during rituals gives me way more tributes.

Yes thanks for the tip, I'll try smite
чет ничего не видно,спойлеры не открываются=(((
Starting the league with, level 47 and loving it so far. Thanks for all your work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info