[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Just made lvl98 :)
Highest char before was lvl96 so good improvement. The good thing about PoE is that everyone can do small or big tweaks to a build to their own liking but in it's core this build is just amazing. It will be hard to play a different build afte this as that will probably feel weak :)
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
Vatinas wrote:

Predator is an amazing gem, even if you already have one on another minion. On top of the ability to focus an enemy, which is life changing, the gem grants more damage that Minion Damage on marked enemies. And remember also that you don't need 5 million DPS on white mobs, so not having 100% of your insane DPS on monsters that die in one hit is no big deal, what matters is how hard you hit on tanky stuff, which you should be marking anyway. :)

So in my opinion, there isn't really a better alternative, but you can feel free to experiment with other gems!

I guess you are right, I change it back to double predator. It is only important for tanky stuff - so I do not need to spam it, this is fine for me. Also I go with holy relic now - feels good.
Last edited by Homer77 on Oct 17, 2020, 6:01:57 AM
"
gelion228 wrote:
Yep, I know about ur position, but faced with high-level content like dilirium and 5-orbs maps, I have to look for something, which can givie me more damage, even to the detriment over defence.
but losing more than 10k armor is not a good solution either, so I rush from one PoB to the next, while continue to collect currency for awakened multistrike ^_^

Alright :) I just wanted to make sure you were aware ^^ But once again, that doesn't mean I don't believe in other ways to do it! Like I've said before in this thread, tweaking and experimenting on stuff is 1) the best way to find improvements (some parts of this build weren't originally my idea! Like going CI for example), and 2) important for people to enjoy it in their own way! And of course I'll do my best to help you in whatever direction you decide to go. :)

As for high-end content, I ran a 100% delirious T16 map with beyond and some nasty mods, and I agree that it could be nice to clear faster. I mean, we can't die, but it took me a while to take Kosis down. That being said, I had a friend with me in the map who was picking up items veeery far away from the fight while I was hitting stuff (*cough cough*), so I guess a one man fight would've been faster, but still. ^^

"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Just made lvl98 :)
Highest char before was lvl96 so good improvement. The good thing about PoE is that everyone can do small or big tweaks to a build to their own liking but in it's core this build is just amazing. It will be hard to play a different build afte this as that will probably feel weak :)

Congrats on your level 98! ^^
How do sentinels of purity benefit from vile toxin?
"
anguyen wrote:
How do sentinels of purity benefit from vile toxin?

The Spiders apply a lot of poisons stacks, and Vile Toxins grants up to 50% more damage against targets afflicted with enough poison stacks (at level 21, which is achieved by a level 20 gem in the Skin of the Loyal).
"
daflipp wrote:
"

OMG,Thanks for the detailed answer .
and for the fact that they did not send me to read, and for the fact that they did not declare themselves "this is an obvious problem, blah blah blah"
I didn't understand because of the language barrier, but after you wrote down in more detail, I understood everything
you're cool

Sure, language barrier, and because of the language barrier you put in Impale, which isn't mentioned in the guide. I gave you a hint.

From the FAQ in the guide:

"
and use HoP along with whatever support gems allow you to use HoP.

You didn’t help me, you looked at the support stones, didn’t understand anything, not everyone plays in English, your answer is extremely useless to me. And I changed the stones either because of an experiment, or because at this stage I wanted to save on armor, in any case, be smarter elsewhere (this is an obvious mistake, lol), do not write to me, you are a very unpleasant person with inappropriate sarcasm
So far loving the build. Question tho, would switching to Skin of the Lords that gives a beneficial passive that can save a few passive points be ideal or do we stick to Skin of the Loyal?
"
Question tho, would switching to Skin of the Lords that gives a beneficial passive that can save a few passive points be ideal or do we stick to Skin of the Loyal?

I would say no Skin of the Lords can beat Skin of the Loyal since the latter can get very benefitial corruptions (+1 to socketed gems / +2 to duration gems). IMO it will always outperform Skin of the Lords.

I actually got very lucky today doing uber lab for the Pale Court frag.
Got myself the top enchant for the helmet and probably the best for the boots as well in 3 tries (darkshrine + twice enchanted):

Very happy day so far!
Just a quick note on the Annoint, Exceptional Performance can be a little bit cheaper (2c less) to annoint than Potency of Will, both are 25% Increased Skill effect duration.
Anyone experimented with any alternatives to the carrion golem link in shield?

I've noticed the guide author seems to have anomalous holy relic > divergent feeding frenzy > anomalous CwDT in their shield too, curious if that's working out better than the golem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info