[3.25] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, fun to play

I'm curious about the low investment viability as well. Let me put together a tree with budget gear at lvl 80. I'll be using poe.ninja data from day 1-5 of last league for gear choices
"
Baconade77 wrote:
"
Cyander wrote:
Taste of hate was a good reminder, we could add one of the #% of physical damage taken as [element/chaos] from one conquerors to the Grasping Mail chestpiece. This should assist a lot, with taken as chaos obviously being most effective combined with Divine Flesh. A similar mod could be added to the helmet. These would both be endgame crafts, I'd assume.
Aside from that trying to get some source of Endurance charges should be good too, extra 12% physical damage reduction should be helpful. Enduring Composure was a good source, but atm there's not much room left for it.

However I have checked the effectiviness of these mods using your PoB, these mods on the helmet and chest armour + endurance charges + Taste of Hate, bring effective physical health pool from 32k to 82k. Which is a significant increase. Nice improvement on the elemental effective health pools btw.

I have been looking into Wind Dancer still, despite the damage taken increase. Wind Dancer's more evasion chance seems to offset the increase in damage taken. Though the notable is bugged in POB, still uses old Wind Dancer effect so you would have to add it in configuration as a custom effect.

What do you think?

I agree that the Phys as mods are a possibility. You lose your life roll on helmet, and would be an absolute pain to craft on chest but doable. I personally see the tradeoff of any of the currents flasks being swapped for Taste being worth it. There is too much lost for a slight gain in phys. As for endurance charges I thought the same thing, nice life regen, more res, phys reduction, great, but it's not something we can get realistically without dropping an anoint. Great ideas all around though! I didn't want to make drastic changes to the gear to keep it apples to apples as much as possible to deathbeam's POB, and hadn't even looked for those mods yet.

I played last league with my char, which you can check out, at ~3k hp. I tanked uber elder to a victory. This was due to 75% phys to ele/chaos conversion + divine flesh + 89% chaos res thanks to 3x born of chaos. If you get phys to chaos on chest+helm your chaos becomes a bigger weakness than phys as you are taking 40% of phys as chaos and only taking ~10% of phys dmg as phys. Having 89% chaos res+divine flesh makes it so that your ele max res is ~83%. At this point you really don't benefit from endurance charges UNLESS you want to abuse immortal call alt qual which gives a bonus to less ele dmg per endurance charge.

The main downside of this build, especially in this league, is you need 3 small clusters(or some megalomaniacs) to get to 3 born of chaos. This means you can't run both malevolence + grace small clusters. This can probably be solved with enlighten, but I will look into it today.
"
"
Baconade77 wrote:

I actually checked the math at one point. The Full DPS is assuming every arrow from your main attack+totem and their pods hits. This is obviously unlikely in most scenarios, but gives you an idea of the top DPS. This also assumes everything triggered like focus, infecting, 15 withered stacks, all curses active, blood rage active etc etc. Basically this is top dmg possible for a few seconds, which is fine as that is enough to kill most bosses below endgame.

A bigger reminder is the POB DPS is a lie for poison as it assumes that you are spamming attacks until your first poison runs out, which is never true in practice. You can see this in the calc page in the "number of poisons" which is used as a multiplier. I would advise people focus more on how much each instance of poison does with a fully charged scourge arrow.

Well said. To be more precise - each spore pod can only add 1 poison stack (even if multiple arrows from a pod hits, all hits from 1 pod will only add 1 stack). Thats why head enchant is so important and thats why ballistas are very good.

This huge DPS is ofcourse an illusion, especially if you are scaling poison duration - thats why focus craft on helm and unbound ailments give so huge dps increase - personally i only use focus if i can easily craft it, and i usually replace unbound ailemnts with void manipulation or some other gem - this gives more burst damage - and i feel more comfortable with it.
Last edited by greenrasp on Oct 19, 2021, 1:37:20 PM
"
Taycent wrote:
Hows this build looking as a league starter so far? Do you think its worthwhile starting with it or should I try something else?

Here is a super quick and dirty, reasonable expectation POB

https://pastebin.com/KymXkmvi

Assuming damage per totem+mirage archer, if my math is right this is about 2m DPS on a low, no ward stacking budget.

I know my str is scuffed but I just stole someone's gear from poe.ninja and made my changes. I would add the mega res bismuth flask and drop all res on gear for str and other needed stats.

Damage is good, survivability is meh, but with gear that is reasonable to get by day 3 it's something I'll likely consider and play as my league starter.
Will anyone have any kind of update for the leveling skill tree by chance. I've been trying to move things around myself but was curious on what people are planning to do for the leveling part until you hit the end game which will be a while for me.
"
Baconade77 wrote:
"
Taycent wrote:
Hows this build looking as a league starter so far? Do you think its worthwhile starting with it or should I try something else?

Here is a super quick and dirty, reasonable expectation POB

https://pastebin.com/KymXkmvi

Assuming damage per totem+mirage archer, if my math is right this is about 2m DPS on a low, no ward stacking budget.

I know my str is scuffed but I just stole someone's gear from poe.ninja and made my changes. I would add the mega res bismuth flask and drop all res on gear for str and other needed stats.

Damage is good, survivability is meh, but with gear that is reasonable to get by day 3 it's something I'll likely consider and play as my league starter.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time deciding between this and toxic rain. Have you looked at running lioneye's paws boots to get a despair hextouch setup? You'd probably have to drop petrified blood because of the low life reduced ms on them?
@Baconade, nice stuff! That's a very good looking base with extremely reasonable gear and assumptions. I'm gonna work through it right now and see what changes we can make (mostly on life probably) to make it better. It's actually quite a lot higher DPS on that budget than I expected.
IGN: Dmillz
"
zaxium wrote:
Yeah, I'm having a hard time deciding between this and toxic rain. Have you looked at running lioneye's paws boots to get a despair hextouch setup? You'd probably have to drop petrified blood because of the low life reduced ms on them?

I can tell you TR is going to have an easier time gearing and leveling. In fact we level as TR with this build for most of the way through the game. I just like the smoothness and lower APM of SA in the end game.
"
Baconade77 wrote:
"
zaxium wrote:

I can tell you TR is going to have an easier time gearing and leveling. In fact we level as TR with this build for most of the way through the game. I just like the smoothness and lower APM of SA in the end game.

I was just thinking that getting a bow upgrade beyond quill rain is gonna be a lot more expensive for TR than darkscorn is for this build.
Oh sure but quil rain also goes a long way

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info