[3.25] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, fun to play

How are you supposed to reserve mana for Malevolence, Grace, Petrified Blood, and Herald of Agony? Just curious, I honestly have no idea.
"
Kinjax wrote:
How are you supposed to reserve mana for Malevolence, Grace, Petrified Blood, and Herald of Agony? Just curious, I honestly have no idea.

Grace reservation efficiency with evasion clusters + charisma cluster + mana efficiency on charisma cluster
Last edited by zitounlou on Oct 19, 2021, 3:44:10 PM
Here's a super quick mockup of going Toxic Rain for leveling/early mapping for currency that wouldn't be hard to respec once you farmed up a bunch of currency. Will probably go with this until I can get a Darkscorn and a bunch of levels. https://pastebin.com/zaCW96V9
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Oct 19, 2021, 4:05:35 PM
"
Dmillz wrote:
Here's a super quick mockup of going Toxic Rain for leveling/early mapping for currency that wouldn't be hard to respec once you farmed up a bunch of currency. Will probably go with this until I can get a Darkscorn and a bunch of levels. https://pastebin.com/zaCW96V9

I hate how TR get's to double down on scaling with proj damage getting added to the dot. I will also be leveling with this until I can get the ward based gear for SA most likely. Changed my mind, just swapping Vitality for Petrified blood, plenty of mana to do so.
Last edited by Baconade77 on Oct 19, 2021, 4:21:29 PM
Ya I'm not sure about Vitality vs Petrified. I had it as Raider originally so didn't want Petrified but now that I'm back to PF for leveling it's probably better. I might take Replenishing Remedies as well to keep life flask sustain higher.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Baconade77 wrote:
@thedeathbeam OK, so I slept on it, woke up and decided to play around some more and I'm pretty happy with this one. let me know what changes you would make or if I'm missing anything.

https://pastebin.com/wA6BWAv5

The upsides

-Current evasion values come out to about 69-71% evasion against T16 map mobs
-82% Spell suppression chance at 53% effect
-Same 44M full DPS as the current 3.16 tree

The changes

-Noticed that there was a custom modifier for Magebane adding extra spell suppression that we didn't actually have, removed that
-Moved some life nodes out of the lower part of the tree and into the top part of the tree, more damage, same life, more strength
-Removed the wither and flask charge medium cluster jewel as well as some flask charge gain on the tree (I feel like we have enough charge generation even with that is left, correct me if I'm wrong)
-To replace the wither node (which really seemed for clearing) picked up the new and fun 300% poison damage against non-poisoned targets mastery
-Kept the claw node to not be crit by things we have poisoned because that sounds great
-Picked up the Inveterate cluster for a good amount of spell suppression
-Added the new quartz flask for additional spell suppression
-Added spell suppression Watcher's Eye for more spell suppression
-Capped chaos res and picked up the juicy 20% chaos dot multi mastery thanks to the Withering node
-Need a teeny tiny bit of accuracy from some piece of gear, seems reasonable to get
-Physical damage still hurts but what can you do

Let me know if you guys have any pointers. Obviously this is a level 100 tree and we really kinda need every point. But I think it serves as a good proof of concept that we can still be quite tanky with really high damage, and certainly could drop some of that damage for more life/evasion/suppression nodes pretty easily. Also maybe swap out malevolence for a defensive aura would be possible, not 100% sure yet. Thanks!

Well the biggest downside I see here that your attack speed dropped massively from the original setup what is huge loss for both qol and stacking withers (and also defense because you have to stand still for longer of course). I value attack speed on SA very highly, its one of the most important stats for the skill to feel good to play. I like the idea of dropping some flask sustain stuff as its probably unnecessary, especially with survival instincts.

But for the Wither medium cluster, nah it is actually very important for ramping up wither stacks quickly even on single target. The ramp from ballistas is otherwise slow as they dont attack super fast, with with eternal suffering you get 5 stacks basically instantly + bunch of extra stacks from divergent withering touch, it feels rly nice. Def dont want to drop that one and I dont think its worth it even. Dropping damage nodes is probably fine e.g just dropping wasting back for medium cluster is probs better. But also, total life recovery from flasks is important.

And btw for Magebane, we actually have it, from Skin of the Lords ideally (best chest before Grasping now that it has actually useful keystone finally). Its just for some reason Magebane from skin of the lords do not works in pob so i had to calc and add the suppression from it manually.

Also for suppresion we have yet to see suppression mods on rares maybe tree investment wont be needed at all, idk.

Also without the reduced mana cost suffix on jade flask (or quartz even) mana magement gets really really annoying, i dont like dropping it.

Btw I am keeping my pastebin updated, you can check it here

https://pastebin.com/RW62xfM8

I optimized pathing a bit and also started working on no cluster tree (even though I think both will need changes still, the flask sustain is good idea but it needs actual in game testing before I commit to dropping it I think).

Oh and btw I noticed ppl here were also talking about POB DPS configurations. The DPS is configured for best case scenario yes, but also stuff that doesnt have forced limited uptime like focus is actually fully sustained. Alt Qual Blood Rage with enhance generates enough frenzy charges, I have this already tested as I was running it 2 leagues ago. Wither stacks are also consistently at 15 because of ballistas and increased ramp with eternal suffering.

The SA overlaps for single target can be inconsistent, rly depends on boss and positioning, but ballista overlaps are actually very consistent because of nice clustering thanks to rain of splinters, just the no ballista attack isnt giga consistent and very reliant on player position. What is fine, ballistas carry even when you cant :d

Also, for leveling:

I think Poisonous Concoction leveling will be very valid option next league and way to actually level as poison build instead of TR for 20th time in a row :d I am going to test it if I will league start with this build and then post the results. I dont think I will have enough time to update leveling trees before league starts tho, but I will try to at least update endgame and default lvl 100 and maybe 90 tree because all of this stuff also needs actual playtesting as mentioned beore and then it can be refined more than just by theorycrafting everything in PoB.

Also for league start we cant rly use Malevolence so plan your setups without it, as Malevolence requires small cluster with Malevolence efficiency (its new one so I have workaround for it in pob on random evasion small as pob do not supports them yet).

For phys mitigation sadly we dont have space for Enduring Composure anymore because of double small cluster, same applies to extra born of chaos jewels what is sad, but as someone alraedy mentioned megalos are very valid option so time to snipe some maybe, lul.

Only other thing I can think of for phys is taste of hate what would be the ultimate solution but also requires getting resists from elsewhere as we can only rly replace Bismuth flask.

And also yes pob do not takes into account defenses from ward, even when we only use 25% of it its still extra buffer.
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Thank you so much! So excited for this league and to play one of my favorite builds of all time!
Another update:

So maybe I found solution to phys damage with Taste of Hate. By simply skipping jade flask, we still stay at like 11k evasion what is still 64% evade chance with blind what is sufficient i think. And then grab double - mana cost affixes on jewellery and dropping circle of nostalgia. What is damage loss of course but I think its reasonable for getting actual phys mitigation into the build.

Updated PoB is here:

https://pastebin.com/RW62xfM8
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Only other thing I can think of for phys is taste of hate what would be the ultimate solution but also requires getting resists from elsewhere as we can only rly replace Bismuth flask.

Well, we could drop the quicksilver flask for Taste of Hate. It might not be a good option for mapping. But would it not be useful against bosses? Especially the bigger ones, such as Sirus and Shaper for example. Having 75% movespeed seems enough for most bosses, especially with dashes available.
Similarly it should be helpful with stuff like Heist, where you sometimes have to wait, making the movespeed less effective.
Maybe stuff like Delve and Expedition would benefit more from the defense than the movespeed as well.

I personally haven't really ever had chars go over 100% increased movespeed so I may not be the best judge on that part. But it seems like it is a viable option for certain content that doesn't benefit as much from going zoom.

edit:
Nvm, solution has been found while typing XD
Last edited by Cyander on Oct 19, 2021, 6:59:47 PM
Would love to be able to start with Poisonous Concoction over Toxic Rain!

Is there a discord for this specific build to keep track of updates and for easier communication in general?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info