[3.25] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, fun to play

You guys reckon than Purity of elements + Enlighten support is better than Arctic armour + Elemental proliferation?

Wondering if a change in the gems I use would add to DPS...

I can now kill Sirus A9 (yay), but he definitely takes his damn time to die...

Survivability is good, tho.

Thanks!

"
You guys reckon than Purity of elements + Enlighten support is better than Arctic armour + Elemental proliferation?

Wondering if a change in the gems I use would add to DPS...

I can now kill Sirus A9 (yay), but he definitely takes his damn time to die...

Survivability is good, tho.

Thanks!

IMO it depends on how much dmg vs survivability you want. Purity of elements is bad unless you have a dual mod watcher's eye for it. This obviously makes you much tankier. IIRC Deathbeam mentioned you can run Malevolence with an Enlighten 4 along with petrified blood and herald of agony and can also get a watcher's eye with malevolence mods. This would boost your dps a decent amount, and a page or 2 back deathbeam put out a POB with some really high DPS numbers that sacrifices a large chunk of the build's max tankiness for REALLY high DPS numbers. IIRC it has 1 Mil DPS per poison per second at max SA stages.

So it is your call! If you want to go really tanky you can also equip a bunch of Born of Chaos to get to 89% chaos res + divine flesh which gives you effective ele resists of 82% and then run purity + watcher's eye+taste of hate+darkscorn which gives about 70-75% phys hit->ele/chaos conversion. At 3k hp I could do most endgame content deathless with this setup, but was doing about 1/3 of the DPS as deathbeam's insane DPS setup. My build was struggling to quickly clear high delirium maps, but didn't usually die unless multiple speed rares turned a boss into sonic.
"
sirdond wrote:
"
Superloveman wrote:

It's a very active build, you're managing cooldowns and pressing a lot of buttons. Anomalous withering step with enhance support gives 11 stacks of withered that lasts for 3 seconds. Eternal suffering is enough, don't forget ballista and mirage archer are also spamming attacks, boss will never drop below 5. That means 1 press of withering step and it's at 15 for next 3 seconds.

You're right in that you probably can't keep it up 100% of the time, but you do so much damage it doesn't really matter. This build actually relies on properly setting up burst windows to get some really nice numbers.

The activity of this builds playstyle has nothing to do with this, you can either stack the 5 or not. It depends on how much you can attack in a given time window. And also if it works with ballistas and MA or not (probably yes, but until someone will test it in PVP nothing is sure as we have seen numerous examples of something being worded incorrectly).

Anomalous withering step is 10 stacks with Enhance level 4, not 11.

How much damage you have or don't have has nothing to do with this. A good guide is about being honest with numbers to players and I think this is great build guide.

I'm not here to scuff, I just wanted to remark something about the current build as I think @thedeathbeam cares about the build and the pob.

It's 11 stacks at level 21, but you're right, in the POB it's only level 20.

You're also forgetting about temporal chains making effects expire slower.
Last edited by Superloveman on Sep 15, 2021, 8:49:10 PM
Quick video of my first ever Cortex fight, I play like an absolute pepega but you can see how many big hits I'm just tanking while still doing pretty good damage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFvp6Kwgm5Q
Last edited by Superloveman on Sep 15, 2021, 11:52:50 PM
That was damn sexy super. Really shows off everything great about this build, covering the screen with thorn arrows, tanking boss hits that should kill you, and stupid dps.
"
That was damn sexy super. Really shows off everything great about this build, covering the screen with thorn arrows, tanking boss hits that should kill you, and stupid dps.

Dropped a bottled faith for me too, very generous. I'm testing it at the moment, here's me running a rare Hidden invitation with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpiWvUdHqfw

Please, don't play like I do, I eat way more damage than I need to by just standing in absolutely every attack. Good way to show off how tanky the build is though XD
"
Superloveman wrote:

You are right, sorry, I didn't test lvl21 gem. I was using the gems in the PoB, and also me being in ssf I never even considered a lvl21/20 anomalous withering step.

Temp chains could help with the sustain, that's right too. I'm just not sure how realistic is the uptime of 15 stacks, because it's a bit clunky the way you have to do it, imo (stack 5 fast with attacks -> wither).
"
sirdond wrote:
"
Superloveman wrote:

You are right, sorry, I didn't test lvl21 gem. I was using the gems in the PoB, and also me being in ssf I never even considered a lvl21/20 anomalous withering step.

Temp chains could help with the sustain, that's right too. I'm just not sure how realistic is the uptime of 15 stacks, because it's a bit clunky the way you have to do it, imo (stack 5 fast with attacks -> wither).

You're correct mate, I don't think 100% uptime of 15 stacks is realistic. If you're just looking at POB, you also don't have 100% uptime of focus for the 140% extra duration on ailments.

It's also impossible to tell, since wither doesn't actually show on the boss. All that being said, you can pretty easily stack 15 right at the start of the fight and from there will probably never drop below 10.
Thanks, Maddest_Scientist! Found it.

Wow, Superloveman, lovely vid! :)
Quick Minotaur kill with guardians aid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q94HvR1Xxg

Honestly I'm still having trouble with Tropical Island deli farming, admittedly I have no idea how to juice it properly but towards the end my damage feels a little low. I might experiment with squeezing enlighten + malevolence on, but I'm kinda scared that I'll get insta-popped.
Last edited by Superloveman on Sep 16, 2021, 11:02:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info