"
Superloveman wrote:
"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qhfBW1KDoE

Got my nearly deathless Maven kill.

Gonna craft the focus helm, enchantment and find a good grasping mail

Nice kill, what clusters did you take?

I got
2x Large DOT with Bow ( Martial prowess, Feed of the fury, Fuel of the fight )

2x Medium DOT ( Circling Oblivion, Brewed for Potency )
1x Medium DOT ( Circling Oblivion, Internal Suffering)
1x Medium Flask duration ( Mender's wellspring, Spiked concoction )
1x Small armor ( Enduring Composure )
1x Small Chao Res (Antivenom) For capping chaos resistance.

Trying to fit the explosion Unspeakable Gifts
"
"
Superloveman wrote:
"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qhfBW1KDoE

Got my nearly deathless Maven kill.

Gonna craft the focus helm, enchantment and find a good grasping mail

Nice kill, what clusters did you take?

I got
2x Large DOT with Bow ( Martial prowess, Feed of the fury, Fuel of the fight )

2x Medium DOT ( Circling Oblivion, Brewed for Potency )
1x Medium DOT ( Circling Oblivion, Internal Suffering)
1x Medium Flask duration ( Mender's wellspring, Spiked concoction )
1x Small armor ( Enduring Composure )
1x Small Chao Res (Antivenom) For capping chaos resistance.

Trying to fit the explosion Unspeakable Gifts

I am personally a fan of megalomaniac cluster jewels for getting unspeakable gifts. They also tend to be cheaper than getting them in the large chaos cluster. Setting up the trade filters can be nasty though.
I just noticed the level 10 petrified blood, holy shit that's going to make gearing so much easier.

Got a good megalomaniac. Just don't know that Channeling Skills dead 20% increased Damage affects our poison damages.
Am I looking at something in POB wrong, or does using malevolence aul with appropriate watchers eye (dot multi) not actually add any damage?
"
Superloveman wrote:
Am I looking at something in POB wrong, or does using malevolence aul with appropriate watchers eye (dot multi) not actually add any damage?
Did you enable malevolence skill? The amulet doesn't give the skill by itself.
So I grabbed this build early on and have been casually playing since then( and really enjoying it), and only now I've come back to check on the thread to ask a question or two.. and see it's been totally revamped lol !

I'm in too deep with the currency I've casually built up and spent, so I'll keep going with the old POB and forgo the ward stuff.... but I maybe can afford to change the gem links?

Spoiler

my gears aren't great and I'm doing the divine flesh version and doing everything just fine with only 3.8k hp lol I have boomer mechanics so this build is pretty tanky i think. No problems with maven+t16 shaper guardians, about to go kill A5 Sirus. Have to get a better chest / boots and 6l the bow...but I donno if you're still providing 'support' for the old POB.

for example: would it be better for me to get a different circle of nostalgia with +% chaos res instead of buff effect, and then I can anoint my amulet with Dirty Tech?

Last edited by Path_Of_Bear on Sep 6, 2021, 3:51:46 AM
I really can't decide whether or not to swap to the corrupted soul/strength of blood version... Does anyone have some footage of it in action? I feel like the defensive bonus from divine flesh with 83% chaos res is just too hard to pass up, plus the loss of flask effect craft and massive life on my stygian vise...
"
Path_Of_Bear wrote:
So I grabbed this build early on and have been casually playing since then( and really enjoying it), and only now I've come back to check on the thread to ask a question or two.. and see it's been totally revamped lol !

I'm in too deep with the currency I've casually built up and spent, so I'll keep going with the old POB and forgo the ward stuff.... but I maybe can afford to change the gem links?

Spoiler

my gears aren't great and I'm doing the divine flesh version and doing everything just fine with only 3.8k hp lol I have boomer mechanics so this build is pretty tanky i think. No problems with maven+t16 shaper guardians, about to go kill A5 Sirus. Have to get a better chest / boots and 6l the bow...but I donno if you're still providing 'support' for the old POB.

for example: would it be better for me to get a different circle of nostalgia with +% chaos res instead of buff effect, and then I can anoint my amulet with Dirty Tech?

Hey mate, your best bet is to take a look at some builds on poe ninja. I found this one, it doesn't go all-in on the ward but does take advantage of it somewhat https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Shintoffeli/dghgjmgjk?i=4&search=item%3DDarkscorn%26skill%3DScourge-Arrow%26allskill%3DFocused-Ballista-Support%26sort%3Ddepth-solo

You could just copy the gem links if you don't want to change your gear up too much.
I got up to 36 challenges and am going to start winding down with this league. I went with Ward, Divine Flesh, 89% chaos res(3 born of chaos), and 70%+phys converted to chaos/ele(25 Darkscorn, 24 Purity of Elements Watcher's Eye, 21% Taste of Hate while not having Flask Effect on my stygian).

Theoretically you could get 15% phys to chaos conversion on chest and 10% on helm which would shore up the biggest weaknesses defensively. If you get both of these you would have 95% phys to ele/chaos conversion which is crazy strong, but really tough to get that on ward helm and Grasping Mail chest.

The Forbidden Taste flask with Activate on Savage Hit has also saved my bacon so many times.

I have also been doing only 1 curse so I can run 2 ridiculous circles of nostalgia + Hardened Scars annoint.

I swap between quicksilver and ward flask between maps and tough bosses.

Most deaths have been due to end game bosses' giant skills or degen.

Lastly, I have been using faster attacks in my scourge arrow 6-link so I can get more full charges off in tight situations in The Feared/Maven/Uber Elder/Delirium.

I know I cut my damage about in half by different choices like not running ward flask and double curse etc, but the added tankiness has felt ridiculously good. My non-focused DPS is still hovering around 9-10Mil DPS without including ballista totems.

Many many many thanks to @deathbeam for all the work and prototyping he has done for this build.
Last edited by Maddest_Scientist on Sep 7, 2021, 12:13:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info